Illest Life Time Achievement Award - Ekoms

Relive the greatest moments in Illest Lyrics history with classic freestyles, audios, beats, yearly awards, and lifetime achievements.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Illest Life Time Achievement Award - Ekoms

Post by complexity »

Ekoms is one of the few originators of Illest, including, but not limited to Precise, Drunken Jesus, Viral, and 16 micz.

He is known for teaching fellow emcees. As a mentor, he has taught the likes of Viral and Complexity. Bringing them to levels, they might have never previously reached.

His record has been almost unmatched in battles.

He has formed multiple crews and been in more beefs than everyone on Illest combined.

His legacy is in his flow and multi's. Where he is reminiscent of an old Eminem type style.

Emcees are afraid of his creativity because Ekoms always thinks out of the box with his personals and punchlines.

There hasn't been an insult that Ekoms has refrained from using or a battle he has backed down from.

Almost like Michael Jordan, in that the referees on Illest let him cheat sometimes in battles. He gets away with breaking rules that nobody else on Illest would get away with. Most famously the ekoms flip, which has been known to weigh battles in his favor.

Though at one point criticized heavily for weak punchlines. He seems to have surmounted all critism in the last year and is now regarded highly in even that field.

Off the battle field, he is known for his wit and know it all attitude. Ekoms is fittingly a receiver of another highly regarded award on Illest "Most Arrogant Of The Year - 2006".

Although last year, he did end up getting the "Disappointment of the Year Award". Ekoms has been strong in 2007, and won emcee of the month, among other honors.

Recently, he has been working on his audio with his cousin Viral and they put together a track, which can be seen in the creation chamber, titled "Face Myself".

In the face of controversy, Ekoms thrives in a fashion that has got him admiration from his peers.

As Ekoms famously quoted once, "you can hate me, or love me, but you gotta respect me".

Let's see what some of his peers have to say?

----------------------------------------------

What do you think puts Ekoms above a lot of emcees.

Complexity: Simple, the rigorous passion to be the best. Actually, the whole reason, he started freestyling is because he couldn't beat Noto. He practiced like crazy, and you know the rest.

How do you feel about Ekoms potential at audio?

Kurse: Honest opinion. From where I stand at the moment I'd say that the potential is there. I heard the rough draft of this last song that him and Viral did together before they dropped it, and not trying to be mean I told Viral that his double-up vocals needed to come down and be flush and Ekoms needed to do the whole verse over again. Lyrically it was ill-nice...but presentation wise I felt like I was listenin to a Budweiser frog. So I told Viral to be like I was to him...make Ekoms do it over and over and over and over again until it's right. When I heard this final draft they put out on illest, Viral did lower his double-ups, but still didn't make 'em flush. (haha) As for Ekoms though...he sounded alot better than the first draft I heard. Even though it lacked alot of energy and emotion...I noticed he fell off less at certain parts and had been a little more confident. I don't know if Viral was being a song-nazi about it like I normally would...but it seemed as if the verse had slight practice & comfort behind it. There are alot of elements Ekoms still needs to work on....but I feel that those are things he'll pick up wit time, practice and maybe a bit of studio time with me. Virals still really laid back in the lab...so if it sounds "ahhhh-iight"...he'll move onto the next part of the song where for me, being "ahhhh-iiight" just ain't gonna cut it. DO IT AGAIN! There's still a lil guidance that I can pass onto Viral...so I know that with him being incomplete in training himself, that Ekoms has alot he can learn from me. And I'm sure audio-wise u can all tell the difference from Viral, Jan. 2006 to Viral today. So just imagine the beautiful Frankenstein I could create with Ekoms. Like I said...the fire-power is there...we just gotta take him to the shooting range so I can teach him how to let his cannons blow! Give it time...I promise that even 5 tracks down the row complete by me with him that you'll be amazed by the transformation.

What do you feel is Ekoms greatest strength in battles? How do you combat them in a battle?

C4 - id say his main strength are his multis/flow. he is definitly the best on Illest when it comes to multis. if you battle him you need to focus on the punches and personals cause you know you wont get the flow category.

What's Evil Geniuses?

Complexity: E.G is basically a duo with me and ekoms. He came up with the name out of the blue when we were making the first or second collaboration (seen in old school classics). E.G gave me a reason to get better. I needed to get on my teammates level. At the time, I was extremely horrible. Yet, I put enough effort into them drops, to make us look good that I didn't come off too bad. I remember, he said "You didn't write that, lol". Forever, I was just chasing his level. Now we're at different places, but it's still crazy to see what he can put down. Of course, he is better now than he use to be, but when he gets the passion going, and gets into it. It's fun. Even when we cypher now.

What do you think of Ekoms lyrically?

Theoneyouhate: Lyrically He's Pretty Sick One Of Tha Most Creative i've Seen On Tha Site With Word Play.. He's Also Nasty With Multies Which i'm Sure Everyone Already Knows.. Tha Thing i Like Tha Most Though is What i Already Mentioned And That's His Creativity.. He Takes Personals And Uses 'Em To His Advantage While Battlein And More Or Less Turns Them in To Punches.... Comes Off With Smooth Flow And Dope Word Play..

What makes you and Ekoms connect?

Complexity: We are both abstract. I know when I do a collaboration with him. He wants me to flow and be creative. He doesn't want me off playing in double entendre land. If I'm going to use plays on words, it's gotta be real sharp. He doesn't like to get bored or side tracked by a flow. I think, that's what makes him so effective with his own style.

Why do you like Ekoms as an emcee?

Domino: i Like Ekoms Because He's Good With Punchlines And That's What i Always Look For First in an Emcee, And Makes Rapping Look Easy. My Favourite Battle With Him is Probably Either His Two Against Khaos Or His One Against RH1NO. Because in All Of Those Battles, Noone Dropped Wack Shit And They Were Some Of The Closest Battles On illest.

What's your favorite memory of Ekoms?

Tramatik: One time that i recall him bein around alot,was when i first came back a long time ago and he said i was making improvements among the other newbies 2 the site..then he dipped away for god knows how long and im just startin 2 see him scattered here & there again

What's the difference when getting ready to battle, Ekoms, compared to other emcees?

Rhino: fo sho ekoms is dope on the keys
you know there are some people on illest you read or listen to n some you dont
n smoke is one of the ones that i read multies n flow consistently on point
yeah id say when i battle ekoms there may be extra preparation involved
but i agree 100% for the award yall are givin him well deserved

When you were starting on Illest, did Ekoms have any roll in your development as an emcee?

Slickmex: He did.
He told me to build on my vocabulary a lot more in my writtens..
He showed me how he goes about developing a "multi"
And just reading his writtens/battles they give me an idea of what a solid/nice drop is..

Who is the best Mexican on this site?

Slickmex: By far it's Ekoms but in the Audio it's Kurse..

What do you like about Ekoms the most?

Razor Sharpe, Pretty much his helpfulness, his knowledge, his skill and his vocabulary lol.

Ekoms: The Illest Life Time Achievement Award

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
Brah-Vo
Rap Professional
Wins: 1
Losses: 14

Post by Brah-Vo »

Word. Ekoms most def deserves this. One of the most dedicated and arguably the most skilled MC on illest.

Congratulations EkomS!!!!
Subsist
Rap Professional
Wins: 11
Losses: 16

Post by Subsist »

put this in the news area
complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Post by complexity »

k...done

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
RH1NO
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 25
Losses: 20

Post by RH1NO »

good shit, well done
-TraMaTiK-
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 6
Losses: 17

Post by -TraMaTiK- »

good job lil homie,congradz
Subsist
Rap Professional
Wins: 11
Losses: 16

Post by Subsist »

congrats, so what does he win?
8th
Rap Professional
Wins: 0
Losses: 1

Post by 8th »

ekoms a bitch.
precise
Elevated
Wins: 20
Losses: 7

Post by precise »

lol, this is an interestin new idea, congrats ekoms

facin me? its mission impossible, like pickin up lesbian broads
fuck all these thespian frauds, they "bug me" like espionage
Viral
Mentally Unstable
Mentally Unstable
Wins: 5
Losses: 1

Post by Viral »

congrats cuz...now write a full track wit 3 verses n hooks...n then we can all be even more proud of ya!..woo!..lol
LadySam
Lady Warlord
Wins: 6
Losses: 3

Post by LadySam »

im glad they did this, because he is great lyrically, and great as a person. and although he knows it, i dont think people tell him often enough. very proud of youuuuu haha
well done
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

lol appreciate the award, i really had no idea tom would go thru all this, its koo tho

supposebly i was going to get an interview but this will do lol,

thx for the feedback n the the advice given as well

i'll try improving my audio, hopefully me and kurse can drop a track together before i end up goin back home
MesaR
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 26
Losses: 35

Post by MesaR »

word ekoms helped me alot reading his multis.. ive half copied it.. well atleast try to ..

quote from ekoms - my ass is so hairy no dick can penertrate this thick of web of anal pubes.
..Fuck that gay shit you say on a beat..
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

SequencE wrote:word ekoms helped me alot reading his multis.. ive half copied it.. well atleast try to ..

quote from ekoms - my ass is so hairy no dick can penertrate this thick of web of anal pubes.
"this thick of web of anal pubes"

lol atleast get a real quote, and some pubes before u start mentioning it
precise
Elevated
Wins: 20
Losses: 7

Post by precise »

he thought he grew his first pube... then he took a piss from it!!! hahaha quoted off the saurus

facin me? its mission impossible, like pickin up lesbian broads
fuck all these thespian frauds, they "bug me" like espionage

Return to “Old School Classics”