A Moment With Drunken Jesus #1

The so called Gods Temple. See what Drunken Jesus has going on, read his favorite battle verses, and learn how he became the prolific hip hop artist that he is.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

A Moment With Drunken Jesus #1

Post by complexity »

http://www.illestlyrics.com/IllestNews/ ... n_Jesus_1/

Mentioned Names: Ghost, Tramatik, Viral, 16 Micz, Lady Sam, Domino

Mentioned Topics: Good feedback, Emotion,

Even if your name wasn't mentioned in this article it has a lot of information,
and can be used as a valuable resource.

~~~~~~Intro - A moment with Jesus is brought to you by Complexity~~~~~~

Complexity: Illest Lyrics promotes itself as a place to improve your emceeing ability. We have many experienced emcees, who are willing to help you improve. As another step to this legacy we bring to you a "Moment With Jesus". He will breakdown the weaknesses of any given emcee, and explain to them, what they "could" do to improve. The point of this new concept is to help emcees develop themselves, we are not here to give compliments. I'm sure all who get mentioned have their strengths as well. We will just focus on areas that need improving, so without further ado, I bring to you Drunken Jesus.

Drunken Jesus: God himself.

~~~~~~Ghost - Multis are like selling drugs, you can only get so far, until you need to expand
your product~~~~~~

Complexity: I'm sure "Ghost" would beg to differ. Speaking of the self-acclaimed multi king, he has an interesting style, what do you think could use work on it?

Drunken Jesus: I think he needs to focus on content, he trys a little to hard with multis so it leaves his content lacking. He needs to learn to develop to be more rounded so people just don't consider him "the guy that uses multis" writing with alotta multis is a cool style but if you're not saying something quotable then the rhyme scheme isn't as impressive.
Drunken Jesus: Some of his multis are a lil off to, he'll either use words out of context or words that don't really fit.

Drunken Jesus: Audio wise he needs to work on his voice and delivery, his flow is good hes just gotta get his breathe control right, but his voice and delivery need work so he has a presence on the mic so he commands attention and sounds like hes confident of what hes rapping about.

Complexity: Alright. Do you have any recommendations or methods, he could use to improve his writing?

Drunken Jesus: Observation is the best method imo, You have to listen to a variety of hip hop and try to realize the qualitys of a good lyricist and learn to distinguish the difference between good lines/verses and bad ones. Relying on feedback and your own opinion isn't as trustworthy, when both can be bias.

Drunken Jesus: To be a good artist you have to be a good fan first.

~~~~~~~Tramatik - This discussion is so on topic like Tramatik, but delivered better~~~~~~

Complexity: Word. Great advice. How about someone, who always tries to say something when he raps, his name is Tramatik.

Drunken Jesus: Hes in the right direction content wise, lyrically hes not too bad he just need some general polishing in all aspects of writing so his verses are more complete and consistant. Audio-wise he needs a complete overhaul, first off he needs a better mic or soundcard cause its hard to hear him over the static, and his delivery and flow need a good bit of polishing so he doesn't sound so amateur and unpolished.

Complexity: How would he go about improving his flow?

Drunken Jesus: Flow is one of the more innate qualitys of rap everything else is easier to learn. Flow can be learned to its just harder develop rhythm if you don't have it. It should come with more experience and if he trys to vary it a lil more so it isn't as monotonous.

Complexity: We don't have the most educated people on Illest. Can you further clarify monotonous.

Drunken Jesus: Repetative, boring, uninteresting. An example of a monotonous mc would be mf doom and on the other spectrum you have people like jay-z, ludacris, etc.

Complexity: Oh I see. Good point. How about Viral, he seems to have a good sense of flow. What don't you think he has a grasp on yet?

Drunken Jesus: Flow is one of the more innate qualitys of rap everything else is easier to learn. Flow can be learned to its just harder develop rhythm if you don't have it. It should come with more experience and if he trys to vary it a lil more so it isn't as monotonous.

Complexity: We don't have the most educated people on Illest. Can you further clarify monotonous.

Drunken Jesus: Repetative, boring, uninteresting. An example of a monotonous mc would be mf doom and on the other spectrum you have people like jay-z, ludacris, etc.

~~~~~~~Viral - 60 Minutes With Mike Wallace would help, Viral has the flow but..~~~~~~

Complexity: Oh I see. Good point. How about Viral, he seems to have a good sense of flow.

Drunken Jesus: He doesn't have a commanding delivery/voice. He needs to develop charisma so it blends better with the topic/mood of the track so it doesn't sound the same when hes rapping a horrorcore verse and a r&b verse.

Drunken Jesus: Vocal lessons or even just practicing at home will help alot. You can notice the difference in artists like eminem or louis logic. When they first started rapping they didn't have a good presence or a commanding voice but as they developed and took lessons then they gained a better control of their voice and used it to potential.

~~~~~~~Working On Emotion - I'm not passionate about myself, I need more ego!~~~~~~

Complexity: I see. I just thought of a question its off the topic of Viral a little bit, but he might find the information useful. How do you deliver a piece on the mic with emotion when you're not passionate about what you're saying. You can't possibly be passionate about everything you write, so any suggestions?

Drunken Jesus: You have to develop the talent to sound like you care even if you don't. In the same way that actors can seem like they get depressed/get angry/get tired etc. on cue for roles when they have little attachment at all to the film considering they didn't write it or know the people who the story may be based on. It's a lil easier rapping considering you're writing the script.

Complexity: Basically put themselves into a zone?

Drunken Jesus: Yeah the same way you convey emotion talking but in a tad more emphasized manner, if you listen to any rapper they sound alot different just talking then they do rapping, thats the main problem i hear in netcees, they don't sound like they're rapping they sound like they're talking and rhyming.

~~~~~~~16 Micz - Practice Makes Perfect? We will have to wait and see~~~~~~

Complexity: Oh ok. Let's jump to 16 micz, who has recently picked up a microphone. What kind of advice do you have for him?

Drunken Jesus: Practice, practice, practice. He's got a pretty good voice so that sets him ahead of most of the population on illest lyrics. He just needs alotta practice so he can develop in all areas.

Drunken Jesus: Needs a swagger upgrade too.
Complexity: I recently saw you comment on his rhyme scheme. Do you mind elaborating for everyone on

Illest. I think to an untrained eye, his rhyme scheme could be seen as pretty solid.

Complexity: Please if you could also equate the text to the audio.

Drunken Jesus: It doesn't have a consistant rhythm, he'll have a decent bar then a choppy forced one, his rhyme scheme is above basic level but he doesn't focus on it as much as he should.

Drunken Jesus: Text to audio in what aspect?

Drunken Jesus: Just in general making the transition?

Complexity: How does it effect his audio.

Drunken Jesus: Writing with a good fluid rhyme scheme will make a verse easier to flow. The more choppy/rhythmless a verse is the harder it will be to rap smoothly.

Complexity: Can you cite an example of a underground or mainstream rapper who could benefit from a more solid rhyme scheme.

Drunken Jesus: It's harder to pick an example from somebody thats already made it, because in most cases they've been working on their craft for 5+ years so they've developed a sense of flow so they can rap whatever they write however they want. The only example I can really think of is Immortal Technique, but his flow in general is really amateur and unpolished.

~~~~~~~Lady Sam - Remember when you first started rapping? The Good Ol Days?~~~~~~

Complexity: How about we give a girl a chance. How is Lady Sam coming along?

Drunken Jesus: From what i can tell shes developing slowly but steadily, just needs to step it up in
every aspect of writing, in a little while she'll be on the level of some of the moderate/decent writers on the site.
Complexity: What do you think would be the quickest way for her to elevate?

Drunken Jesus: Studying the several tutorials i've wrote and learning the terms i'm using and how to apply them properly.

~~~~~~~Good Feedback = Bad Elevation, Good Constructive Criticism = Better Drops~~~~~~

Complexity: Alright. Sounds like a plan for sam. I was just thinking about another problem Illest Lyrics faces. I know you notice it as well, so I want you to explain the danger of the "99 percent positive feedback" on Illest. I think, I've got about 3 negative comments in the last year on Illest. I'm smart enough to not let it go to my ego, but what about other people?

Drunken Jesus: Its alot more harmful than helpful. People don't get the advice they need in order to help themselves develop further, then they all develop their own lil ego's and get their panties in a bunch when they do receive constructive criticism. If the sheep were really your net-buddies or web-pals like they claim they are they'd say something to help you instead of just being another sheep in the crowd.

Complexity: Word. Anybodies feedback should be appreciated IMO. Everyone is going to have a different perspective. People shouldn't be afraid to leave constructive criticism on any drop, because we all can elevate without exception. Am I right?

Drunken Jesus: Yeah, nobody on the site is industry ready or even has a fanbase worth mentioning so thinking you're doing everything right already isn't a good mentality to have. People can't develop without having the mindstate that they can get better so if they are intelligent/good enough to know their faults giving them criticism won't have a bad result. If people don't receive criticism well, fuck 'em, its better to attempt to help than just giving feedback that isn't even worth reading.
Drunken Jesus: A good example of good feedback is the type of feedback me and micz leave on each others beats, i obviously take a massive shit on his whole futile existance but he knows his craft as i know mine so we both give each other helpful advice whenever we exchange material.

~~~~~~~Domino - Being Like Eminem Was Cool Idea When You Were Growing Up, But Son Your Grown~~~~~~~

Complexity: Right. What do you think about Domino?
Drunken Jesus: He needs to work on his lines so hes more consistant, he doesn't really get too creative with rhyme schemes and uses words that don't really rhyme in the english language with any accent. He's a good battler but his other verses aren't as impressive he needs to work on topical writing.

Complexity: I see. Can you break that down into Domino language, what makes his wacky drops different from Eminem's wacky drops.

Drunken Jesus: Eminems wacky drops are more consistant with rhyme schemes and alot more fluid.

~~~~~~~Rhyming is nice, but it doesn't mean shit if you aren't putting fluid, consistent bars.~~~~~~~

Complexity: Alright. The last topic I want to bring up before we end the first edition of a moment with Drunken Jesus, is misconceptions. Can you explain to us the biggest misconceptions people on Illest have about producing any sort of art relevant to hip-hop?

Drunken Jesus: They have a huge misconception about the amount of time and effort it takes to make a product that can actually be taken seriously, with the hip hop genre overpopulated and oversaturated like it is it makes the artists seem less skilled and talented than they really are. Even a rapper that isn't a good lyricist but is well known isn't a slacker they've been in the studio for years perfecting their craft and developing the sound they have now. Kids think cause they can write more complex lyrics than a famous rapper can they should be able to be a rapper, it doesn't work like that, rhyming words is not hard to do, any person with a good vocabulary should be able to create multi syllable rhymes if they think hard enough, its really not a talent that means jack shit. Putting together rhymes cleverly and in a fluid manner takes more talent than just being able to rhyme and being able to deliver them on a track in a convincing manner and having thousands of people wanting to hear those tracks is an even greater talent. It reminds me of a patton oswalt quote something along the lines of "95% of any artform is trash" with any artform/talent/skill that becomes popular the less talented artists become more and more replacable until the trend dies so theirs little hope for those who jump on the trend halfway through its lifespan to be able to become talented enough to cash in before the gravy train comes to a stop when theirs thousands of others who've been doing it longer. Another misconception they have is any type of word play is good word play... which is completely wrong, they attempt a shitty stretch of some type of pun and people think its a good line, so it lowers the bar so any form of well constructive word play isn't noticed because they can't manage to differentiate between simple trash and a clever line.

Complexity: Damn. I think we will end it on that note. Next week the same shit!

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

lol i didn't read every single thing just skimmed thru it.. alot of interesting things mentioned .. few things i disagree with tho but i'll leave that for some other time.. good shit
Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 38
Losses: 7

Post by Momeijah »

Well i Mean....... Lol.

Maybe i Misinterpreted What a Rhymescheme Was. What's a Rhymescheme in a Nutshell? Because i Just Thought it Meant ur Style With The Rhymes Lol. And iiiiiiii Do Not Write All That Eminem Shit Lmao Only Like Once Or Twice. it Was All Good And Thorough i Must Say, Accurate Shit.

AKA SCOTCH HALL, MOE MEIJER & MOMEIJAH.
drunken jesus
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 12
Losses: 1

Post by drunken jesus »

most people don't understand what a rhyme scheme is, they think a rhyme scheme = multis, but that has nothing to do with a rhyme scheme rhyming the same syllable/s over is just rhyming, that isn't a rhyme scheme

a rhyme scheme deals with multiple sets/strings of rhymes like

i grip glocks and spit shots 'till ya lids pop get rocked from every direction
the rapper ya bitch jocks with a deadly affection for my heavy erection

thats a aaaababb rhyme scheme, (a=the grip glocks strings)(b=the every direction strings)

Return to “drunken jesus' mountain of enlightment”