I rep me

Release your best recorded material and let the world hear your talent. It doesn't matter what level you are on - you will get constructive feedback to increase your skills.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Forum rules
Embed your soundclick video players with [soundclick]Song Id[/soundclick]. You can also just put [soundclick]Embed Code[/soundclick].

Please go back and fix as many of your old songs as you want.
PeyotePearl
Potential Emcee

I rep me

Post by PeyotePearl »

NeverOddOrEven
The Prophet of Poetry
Wins: 3
No Shows: 1

Re: I rep me

Post by NeverOddOrEven »

I hate sayin this cuz I got a soft spot for girls who flow cuz that shits sexy as fuck, but if I were really tryna help you out I would say you got a ways to go. I'll give you a list of pros and cons

Pros

You got confidence and with a few months of constant practice you could have an impressive mic presence
Your double time/speedy rap deal has potential. You can clearly be quick, so if you just keep working on the fast rapping, you could tighten your flow up and it would sound clean as hell
Your rhymes are comprehensive and have a cohesive structure to them. Colder than an ice cube in iced tea was a hot line (or cold line, I guess)
You actually have potential to be a good MC, you just need a lot of practice. I wouldn't give up on it, but don't be discouraged when people criticize at first.

Cons
You ripped the beat (I can tell because of the Productions voice in the back) and the equalization and leveling suffered because of it. Don't download beats that aren't for sale. It takes away from your authentic sound, and when you bounce/export your recordings to .mp3 you are compressing an ALREADY COMPRESSED file. You should only record in software programs over tracked out or .wav files. It gives your electronic engineers and producers a lot more to work with. Talk to Drunken Jesus or Gonz on this site, and they might hook you up! They're both dope as hell.

Save up for a better microphone. Idk what you're using, but it's not effective. Sound quality is half of what makes a good track.

Download or invest in programs like Reason, Logic Pro, Izotope Ozone, and Wave mastering programs. Then, teach yourself to mix and master your tracks, or find someone who already knows how.

Your ending lines or punchlines sound kind of awkward and shy at times. Eventually, you'll get to the point where your raw delivery is all you need, but when starting out, there are two ways to fix this:

1) Memorize your lyrics completely so you know exactly how you sound. Reword your lyrics so that the syllables match up and the flow is rhythmic. Then, once you've complete memorized your verses and it isn't stunted, you'll be more enjoyable to listen to.

2) Record your verses twice, and lower the volume on your second recording so that it's barely audible. Make sure your voice sounds the same in both recordings or it will have echos and the voice pitch changes will throw the listener off guard. Doing this is a great way to add emphasis to your lines and make your tracks much easier to listen to.

Okay. Hope my feedback helped. Have a good day

Return to “The Booth”