Illest Audio League Rd 1 Anti , Tre Tru, Pest, *VOTE!*

Illest own Audio Battle League, Hosted by TreTru.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, Kuhlerblynd, Battle Mods

AntiMaTTer
Army Of Three
Wins: 16
Losses: 1

Re: Illest Audio League Rd 1 Anti , Tre Tru, Pest, *VOTE!*

Post by AntiMaTTer »

appreciate that bro, been working hard at trying to elevate my audio skill.,

IL record:
16-1
The Gonz
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 1
Losses: 2000

Post by The Gonz »

Well, looking over my verdicts for each category, TreTru wins by 1.
Cyan
Dedicated Emcee

Post by Cyan »

Alright Alright.

We all come for good feedback, trying to get better, so I'll let my ears speaks.

Flo - TreTru - There are aren't many misteps in the timing. The writing fits the pace well. Strangely Pest, who didn't sound awkward at all on "Acro/Acra" ha ha (never got it straight)has some moments "Act-iv-i-ties" that seem stretched and "Who's gonna pay the cable?" and "Keep my feet on the ground" (at the end) seem rushed. I told Anti the first time he sent this track over that the "All - you - do - is see people fight-ing and kill-ing" comes off really labored. I'd suggest re-writing it or trying a bigger pause in the front/middle/end instead of little pauses in between each syllable. That doesn't work. BUT ... Bro you HAVE made some huge improvements in every regard since you first swing at this. I'm really impressed with the difference between this attempt and your first ... Progress! ... without question. ;)

Delivery This one is tough but I've gotta give the nod to TreTru because you came with the "Lil Wayne-ish" swagger and the melody that you rocked from :08~:13 was really REALLY nice ... just a great moment. The crooning you did right afterward was not working though ... your pitch is off and didn't blend with the backing track ... I would axe that ... but keep the moments where you sung "Keep my feet off the ground" and "No' "No" ... that stuff was delivered/recorded/mixed well and worked. and Dude. don't take it hard ... for every ten melodies/whatever I try when recording, one might sound alright ... and then I sometimes I put in dozens of dozens of takes to get that particular thing the best I can ... I think the main thing about making music is having the ear to say ... "That didn't work." I gotta "Try again, tweak, or try something else." Pest ... I got kinda of a soft spot for your delivery because it's similiar to a guy called Strick9 who I made music with for years. Good energy. Anti ... like I said earlier ... you really stepped it up.

Mic Presence: This seems really similiar to delivery so TreTru by default.

Wordplay - This one is really tough ... I like how TreTru went metaphysical and made something that really matches the hook "Feet off the Ground" ... that was all clever and creative ... but I'm giving it to Pest this hook has pain in it ... and I think he captured that aspect of the song.

Meta - I'm going with AntiMatter ... he has obviously sharpened his pen in the text battle forums where multi's are crucial ... he kept them in line with his overall concept and even went the extra mile to draw attention to them with all those caps ;)

Consistency - Pest stayed on topic nearly every moment ... I like that.

Enjoyment - TreTru who's mixing was a notch above the rest (although maybe too loud), had a creative approach to the verse, threw in some melody for good measure.

Overall - TreTru

I know this thing is kinda set up as a competition but music isn't -- Props to all of you ... and I have to agree with The Gonz ... it would be more productive to put all these verses on one track if just for the reason that there is a finished product at the end ... and Anti .. if I were you ... I'd get one of these other guys on your song ... finish it up ... and If you don't ask em cause you wanna hold out for Lawgix ... I hope you don't mind if I do.
TreTru
Rap Professional
Wins: 9
Losses: 5

Post by TreTru »

Okay Tre Tru wins this one Thread closed and Updated..

Return to “Illest Audio League”