Windows Vista 64 bit User

All production work, recording or production help, beat requests, drumkits, samples, fruity loops, programs and other studio related items belong in this section.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Mindscapes
Rookie

Windows Vista 64 bit User

Post by Mindscapes »

I have been saving up money and I am looking to purchase an audio interface (usb), then afterwards purchase a mic so I can get more serious about recording and dodge latency issues.

I have googled tons of audio interfaces and yes it seems everyone suggest getting an Apple computer for smoother compatibility purposes, which I agree. I wanted to touch base with you guys FIRST and see if there are any Vista users out there and what they use, and what works.

Right now I just use my Reaper program to make beats and record with my headset mic.

Here are my computer specs:
Windows:Windows Vista Home Premium
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor 2.50Ghz
RAM: 4.00 GB
System Type: 64 bit Operating System

Thanks in advance!
Remain calm.
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Re: Windows Vista 64 bit User

Post by Lawgix »

first of all get rid of your Operating System lmao... cause not a lot of programs work with Vista... i'd suggest getting 7 if you can... your system will run it for sure... no problem... but u may run into problems with audio programs cause Vista is such a piece of shit... after that tho possibilities are endless...
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?
Mindscapes
Rookie

Post by Mindscapes »

What Apple laptops would you suggest then?
Remain calm.
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Post by Lawgix »

i dunno i'm not an Apple fan... it would be cheaper to get Windows 7 tho lol
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
Losses: 3
No Shows: 1

Post by Alvin »

I have windows 7.

I also have vista on a laptop... which i use as my beat/piano machine. I use Cubase on my lap top, no real problems, i just dont like Vista. I use Cubase 6 on my regular comp with 7.

Win vs Mac is like Protools vs Cubase, or American muscle vs Imported, burton vs dakine, etc. Its seriously personal preference. I know a large following for Windows, just as I know a crowd that swears by Mac, find what works in your budget, cuz thats honestly the most significant difference, unless your a baller, and money aint a thing.

Return to “Studio Related”