STUDIO HELP

All production work, recording or production help, beat requests, drumkits, samples, fruity loops, programs and other studio related items belong in this section.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Tiron7
Rookie

STUDIO HELP

Post by Tiron7 »

alrighty well, i might invest in a recording studio or a mic, or something i dont know, but i have no knowledge whatsoever in recording, downloading what programs and stuff like that. If i can get any help whatsoever it would be great.

-what recording studios
-how to set up
-what programs
basically the the basics of recording and then details if you guys know anything cause i dont know shit!!!! haha thanks guys !
Dream
Dedicated Emcee

Re: STUDIO HELP

Post by Dream »

Google! <3
[center]Image

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.[/center]
Tiron7
Rookie

Post by Tiron7 »

yeah i googled , and i didnt get much any links for me :(
Leeroy Jenkins
Rhyme Master
Wins: 5
Losses: 2
No Shows: 2

Post by Leeroy Jenkins »

My psychologist tells me that I suffer from serious delusions of sexual grandeur. I think she just wants to fuck me

littlefranky
Potential Emcee

Post by littlefranky »

how serious are u about getting into recording?

theres tons of programs to use.
tons of mics to choose from
tons of studios to choose from
and really quite a few ways to go about the whole process.
it really all depends on preference and what you find easier.
i've pretty much always recorded at my house. went to a studio twice, and i'd rather not pay every time i go. and i'd rather record tracks whenever i want to, only having to move a few feet.

if ur pretty serious about it
ur most likely gonna want a condenser mic. condenser mics usually require phantom power (basically something external that powers it) from maybe a mixer or a usb interface. however there are some condenser mics out that are just usb, plug and play. (samson co1u)
my preference is the interface because it doubles as an external sound card, and it gives you more control of your mic (imo).
if u have a condenser mic, a usb interface, and the necessary software (and cables), u can technically start recording. but you're also gonna want a mic stand and probably a pop filter.
like i said, theres plenty of software to use. in studios you'll typically find pro tools. however, that shit is kinda pricey and if you dont really kno wut ur doing, u could find urself very frustrated. adobe audition (previously cool edit pro) is pretty user friendly imo. and may get u familiar with how quite a few other programs work generally.

i'd say try that to start out. cuz all that will take time in itself. then u can start studying more of the art of mixing tracks and what works well for u.

my startup gear was basically:
an mxl 990 condenser microphone, m-audio mobile pre, and acoustica mixcraft or adobe audition.
now i have an mxl genesis microphone, m-audio fast track pro, and i do all my producing, recording and mixing in Fl studio. not a huge difference besides the mic. just gotta find what works for u.

Return to “Studio Related”