Lil Boosie Gets Nearly 10 Years

Post and comment on the latest hip hop news, interviews, music videos, singles, promote upcoming events, breaking news, and hip hop deaths.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

JDR
Da Punchline King
Wins: 48
Losses: 3
No Shows: 3

Lil Boosie Gets Nearly 10 Years

Post by JDR »

Incarcerated rapper Lil Boosie has pleaded guilty to drug-related charges involving him smuggling narcotics into prison.

Details of his guilty plea and eight year sentencing hit the Internet Tuesday (November 29).

Baton Rouge rapper Lil Boosie arrived at district court Tuesday morning for a pre-trial motion and ended up pleading guilty to drug charges. Lil Boosie, whose real name is Torrence Hatch, pleaded guilty to three counts of conspiring to bring drugs into a penal institution. Judge Mike Erwin sentenced him to eight years in prison. Investigators said he tried to smuggle drugs into Dixon Correctional Center once and into Angola State Penitentiary twice. After the judge announced the sentencing, Lil Boosie requested drug rehab. Erwin said he would recommend it but could not order it. (WAFB News)
Around mid-summer, Boosie was accused of drug smuggling.

This time, the 28-year-old Baton Rouge rapper is accused of trying to get codeine into the Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola. Hatch, who is serving time on an unrelated drug charge, already is under indictment on a charge of conspiring to introduce illegal drugs into Dixon Correctional Institute at Jackson. (The Advocate)
In May, the Louisiana rapper described his experience behind bars.

"[I'm here] 'cause of the songs I made, before I was indicted, about the police in Baton Rouge and what's going on here," Boosie added. "There's a lot with our record label, that the system don't like...They took my hard drive out of my house after I got arrested. I have albums for days in there. They still haven't returned it. They've had it for d*mn near a year now. I need that music...I'm leaving Louisiana the first day I get out of prison. I'm a major target down here. I'll thank God for everything and get back to the money." (XXL Mag)
Months later, Boosie's mother, Connie Hatch, said rappers were not supporting her son.

"He's always locked down," Hatch explained in an interview. "For example, a three-way call - he's locked down for that. And most inmates make three-way calls. He's locked down for another inmate taking a picture of him - [the inmate] sent it to his girlfriend and the girlfriend put it on the Internet. Whether or not the other inmate was punished, I don't know. But because of these two incidents Torrance has been locked down since June. From June until December. No telephone calls, no contact, no store. He's locked up in the cell for 23 hours. The only time he comes out is one-hour a day...Not one rapper [has reached out] -- The only person I have spoken with is Young Jeezy. I heard from him but he hasn't done anything as of yet. But the rest of them, you hear from them, but when you call them, they know my number so they don't respond. My child was not like that. He gave to everybody." (On Wax Magazine)
Battle Record
40-2
2010 Awards
Illest Battler || Illest Punchline Artist || Battle of the Year -vs- Cee4
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
Losses: 3
No Shows: 1

Re: Lil Boosie Gets Nearly 10 Years

Post by Alvin »

Well, 1, dude is dumb for sneaking drugs.
2. I dont personally like him
3. this story kinda makes me sad, on multiple levels.
Defiance
Rap King
Wins: 10
Losses: 13

Re: Lil Boosie Gets Nearly 10 Years

Post by Defiance »

AGREED

Sound click page
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=918703

One of Illestlyrics Best Collaborators 2011

Return to “Hip Hop News”