JoePa's Legacy

Talk about professional sports including basketball, baseball, football, and hockey. Advocate your favorite teams, post news, and address rumors.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, JDR

JDR
Da Punchline King
Wins: 48
Losses: 3
No Shows: 3

JoePa's Legacy

Post by JDR »

Wats the verdict? Tarnished or not? Good call to can him but messed up it went that way. He should of retired a long time ago.
Battle Record
40-2
2010 Awards
Illest Battler || Illest Punchline Artist || Battle of the Year -vs- Cee4
Glamtrash
Poetic Juggernaut
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Re: JoePa's Legacy

Post by Glamtrash »

He's almost as bad as Sandusky himself. How to you keep your mouth shut with knowledge like that, really?! Am I one of those crazy fucks that thinks he should be charged? No. But I do think he deserved to be fired and needs a good punch in the cocksucker for being such a fucking idiot.
However, I agreed it's a shame it happened the way it did, he accomplished. lot of shit. Oh well, maybe he learned something.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
JDR
Da Punchline King
Wins: 48
Losses: 3
No Shows: 3

Post by JDR »

This whole story is seriously disturbing. Penn State has a storied program and I think the only way to get things back to some sort of credibility is an absolute clean sweep and I think that's what their workin' on.

I hate for the kids though. Really sickening.
Battle Record
40-2
2010 Awards
Illest Battler || Illest Punchline Artist || Battle of the Year -vs- Cee4
ThaOneYouHate
Potential Emcee
Wins: 24
Losses: 28
No Shows: 1

Post by ThaOneYouHate »

Uhhhhh .. Did you watch the trials and or conferences? Pretty sure he notified numerous people. It's not his fault others didn't do their job.

That would be like a child next door getting raped and you calling the police. If the police do nothing is it your fault?

Paterno is a legend, I don't feel he should've been fired honestly. Nor do I feel he should've retired. Sure his name was tarnished, sure his legacy will be frowned upon now. It wasn't him that did it though. Numerous reports were made, Paterno made numerous reports himself.

Perhaps the board that fired Paterno should be gotten rid of themselves for not taking action sooner than what they did. For waiting ten years 'til the case hit federal court. They just did it to get the press off their back cuz they knew they were the guiltiest of parties.

They should've just let him finish the season and retire on his own. Look at his resume. There was no reason to throw the man away the way they did. They should've just let him leave on a positive note.

It actually leaves a foul taste in my mouth, seeing people do shit like this and trying to end all time greats legacies over silly things.

It has happened to numerous coaches, not on this level but, many silly decisions have been made like so.

Bob Knight in basketball .. Bobby Bowden the old 'Noles coach .. Now Joe Pa .. Next it's gonna be Jim Boeheim cuz the "scandal" going on at SU.

Crunchtime - Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:41 pm
did dosia leave to pursue his youtube rap career, or he still comes here

Return to “Sports Arena”