Check. G'luck sir

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
TreTru
Rap Professional
Wins: 9
Losses: 5

Re: RND 1 - TreTru vs Loon E Lou

Post by TreTru »

Damn...oh well i guess this means someones gonna have a cake walk in the finals....and G'luck..and Check like i got my swooshes On!!

Well No Sense in Bein Suspenseful..Im goin to sleep..Gnite..

OH Yeah! heres my drop

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/tretru/so-faded[/soundcloud]
Attachments
So Faded 2.0.mp3
(7.02 MiB) Downloaded 497 times
Last edited by TreTru on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loon E Lou
Fuck You, Pay Me
Wins: 11
Losses: 6

Post by Loon E Lou »

Attachments
DD FINAL.mp3
(2.27 MiB) Downloaded 465 times
Defiance
Rap King
Wins: 10
Losses: 13

Post by Defiance »

LOL

this shit was hot

both rappers brought the heat to the table

don't know who to vote for

i'll break it down

enjoyment-Tre
-Consistency-tie
-Flow-tie
-Delivery-tie
-Swagger/Style-Tre
-Creativity-tie
-Storytelling-loon
-Impact-tre

MVGT- TRe Tru

Reason Second time round...

i just think that tre's shit was ill.. with the chorus the whole vibe of it gave me the chills
overall storytelling goes to loon.. but this is a topical so Drinking and driving on both end.. but the impact on enjoyment factors in hard for me
in the end i got ta give it to tretru
Last edited by Defiance on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sound click page
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=918703

One of Illestlyrics Best Collaborators 2011
Sir Kevin O Shea
Rhyme Master
Wins: 8

Post by Sir Kevin O Shea »

-Consistency:Tie, Both rappers took a different direction and stuck to it.

-Flow:Loon, I felt like he flowed at a better pace with the beat.

-Delivery: Tre, his verse was delivered with more force, and his delivery on the hook is amazing.

-Swagger/Style: Tre, due to the fact that the style of song he chose allowed him to use more swagger than the more serious tone of Loon's verse.

-Creativity: Loon, he chose to go more of the linear story telling route which allows for more creative flexibility. He really shined by making sure you could have an image of his story.

-Storytelling: Loon, he took a more detailed route when it comes to putting together a story.

-Impact: Tie, the reason is due to them taking different directions and both of them making the best of what those directions offered.

Vote: Loon, my reason is due to them both taking maximum advantage of the routes they took but loon was able to cover more categories with the way he presented his song.

Gentlemen this was a battle of vigor and royal zest.
Last edited by Sir Kevin O Shea on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
[center]Image[/center]

The Elitists:
"We don't diss anymore, we only write songs for charities and Christmas carrols" - Sir 3rd String QB

3rd String QB

Calico

Enlightend

Shazo
Defiance
Rap King

Post by Defiance »

my votes has changed guys so i either want to re-vote or have mines discounted

Sound click page

TreTru
Rap Professional
Wins: 9
Losses: 5

Post by TreTru »

haha I am obviously not gonna argue that 1...im coo with you changin the vote...haha.. but its up to Loon?
Last edited by TreTru on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loon E Lou
Fuck You, Pay Me
Wins: 11

Post by Loon E Lou »

haha. woooooow. this shits really happening right now? haha. koooool. no problem. 2-1 Tre leadin. haha. wooow.
AxelGrave
Potential Emcee
Wins: 2
Losses: 1

Post by AxelGrave »

I enjoyed both of the songs a lot, all though i have to say tretru's song is more enjoyable only because it's not as somber as loons
-Consistency: Tre
I gave tre consistency because his flow was more controlled, less experimental than loon's was
-Flow:Loon
I voted for loon on this one because his flow wasn't as consistant. I think the best flow is one that experiments with new styles so thats why he won this one.
-Delivery: Tre
Tre won delivery because a steady flow and consistency sound clean
-Swagger/Style: Tre
Tre won swagger because his beat gave more room for swagger than loons did and he went his own way with the song.
-Creativity:Loon
I think that loons use of two stories as well as the news report at the end were entertaining and creative.
-Storytelling:Loon
Loons story was a progressive story with a point and an intersection, and his subject matter was more serious.
-Impact:Loon
Because his subject was more serious it made a bigger impact
MVGT: Loon and his story telling prowess.
jayzon_black
Rhyme Master
Wins: 4
No Shows: 1

Post by jayzon_black »

Wow...

If this isn't epic I don't know what epic means...great way to start off the tourney.

Honestly, it's hard to judge because they both brought that A+++ game.

Tre Tru, your track was definitely more conventional, hip, and on it. I loved the flow, the swag, the vibe.

Loon...my jaw dropped...it's still on the floor with this one. You pulled a marshal mathers meets Slick Rick on the storytelling tip. DAYUM...

I really don't even WANT to vote on this one because it's too close to call...let me flip this coin...heads Tre...tails Loon...flip...flip...flip...tails

Alright MVGT: Loon because his side landed on the coin. Literal toss up.
Ride out, Glide out.
Defiance
Rap King

Post by Defiance »

3-2 loon lets get some more votes on this

Sound click page

Kuhlerblynd
But I See Right Thru You
Wins: 43
Losses: 8
No Shows: 2

Post by Kuhlerblynd »

First and foremost, let me just say that I have been looking to forward to something like this between the both of you for a long time. Im glad it has finally came together, and props to both of you.

-Consistency
Tre- My reason for this choice is just the overall aspect of the delivery and the smoothness of Tre's flow throughout.
-Flow
Tre- While both held their own in this catagory, I feel Loon's verse(s) [he didnt really have a hook like Tre so I dunno if you would count it as one long one or two lol] had a few choppy parts in it
-Delivery
Tre[/]- I give just a very slight edge to Tre. Loon's creativity helped his delivery in my opinion, and helped his track stand out more in my eyes
-Swagger/Style
Loon- Just for EVERYONE'S information, I FUCKING HATE the word swagger. That being said, I feel Loon came more creative in this area, which gave him more style. While Tre was able to use a more general approach with his piece, thus being able to give most people a better 'feel' for what he brought to the table, I personally think Loon's different approach really brought more of a sense of style to his piece.
-Creativity
Loon- As I said before, Tre brought a more generic approach in my opinion, while Loon came with something more off the wall.
-Storytelling
Loon- The reason I give this to Loon is because I felt, over-all, that his piece was more of a story based track, which is enough to say his story telling was better, in my opinion.
-Impact
Tre- Fairly reasonable why I feel Tre took this... His track was more generic, which always seems to appeal to the masses better, and is easier for more people to grasp and feel where he's coming from. Both did well with what they brought in this battle, but I feel Tre would have received more feed/plays/responses with his track if this was brought to a large group of people.

This was a great battle guys, and after careful consideration, I have to give the end result to TreTru, but just by a slight margin. I really enjoyed hearing both of these tracks, and would be happy to listen to any other topical, or other-wise, battles the two of you would have in the future. I hope a collaboration on something deep comes in the future also. Great, great job here. Props is given to the both of you.
--~Murk McNasty~--
Battle WRECKord 42-8
Orfadox
Britain's Great White Hope
Wins: 7
Losses: 11

Post by Orfadox »

First Off I Got To Say DAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNN Shit Was Hot!! Now Lets Get To Voting

-Consistency - Got To Give This One To Tre, I Felt His Flow Was On Point Throughout And Didnt Fall Off Once
-Flow - Tre Gets This Again Due To The Reasons Stated Above
-Delivery - Tre, His Delivery Was Spot On All The Way Through
-Swagger/Style - Tre, I Feel Tre's Style Was Slightly Better Than Loon's Only SLIGHTLY Though
-Creativity - Loon..Dude Took This Easy IMO The Way He Was Expermenting With Flow And Shit
-Storytelling - Loon, I Could Feel The Picture Forming In My Head Just Listening To This
-Impact - Got To Be Loon And His Ability To Paint A Picture With Words

Overall MVGT - Loon...Although Tre Had Better Flow I Just Felt Loons More His Words Helped A Picture Form In My Head So For That Simple Fact He Gets My Vote
Illest's most likely to shock you in 2011
Illest's class of 2010
Illest's text collab of 2010 Collectively Ill - Haunted Street's
Enlightend
Poetically Speaking
Wins: 17
Losses: 3

Post by Enlightend »

Consistency... both were consistent and i would be disappointed if they weren't as i would expect no less from both of you

Flow... TreTru... i felt he stayed on top of the beat and never really fell off

Delivery... TreTru... but both of you should be coming with good delivery and i was not disappointed

Style... Loon... i liked the style he took here the story telling

Creativity... Loon... i think u both came real nice here but i loved the two sided story that loon came up with, and he used the third verse perfectly

Storytelling... Loon... i think that my expo on style and creativity summed that up...

Impact... also Loon... i thought about his drop for a little while after i heard it... if that isn't impact i don't know what is...

Overall... Loon... but it was closer then it looks by counting categories because every cat was real close... good battle guys
[center]-The Elitists-[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
Mic S
Rhyme Master
Losses: 8

Post by Mic S »

Tre - Dope flow... verse was cool - lyrics were cool coulda use some creativity but it was cool... hook was catchy as hell. i was vibing to it.. definately a hit for all drunk drivers haha.... but on the real good drop

Loon - creativity was cool, on verse 1.. hook i didnt catch where it was if there was 1 at all... verse 2 was nice... story tellin was dope here... i like how u put it in someone elses perspective at first although the 2nd verse had another story it was dope and i think couldve used a different twist then a crash... woulda gave it that extra little touch

Voting Categories:
-Consistency - well as a whole I would say Tre was more to the topic, meaning lyrics played a factor here... also the vibe i got from this track went well with how he put it and he also had the hook.. and i think loon could have put emotion behind the track the way the stories were told. my vote goes to Tre
-Flow - both were consistant with how the flow was, tre had a swag to how he put it all, while loon reminded me of an eminem type flow... Tie
-Delivery - Tre delivered it well with his concept but I think Loons delivery was put together well with how he delivered the story mode. Loon
-Swagger/Style - my vote Tre, explanation i feel is not necessary for this vote as it is pure opinion and what taste the listener has
-Creativity - Loon The story mode made it stand out more nd to me seemed like it had a little more thought
-Storytelling - Loon i've explained several times read above
-Impact - Loon left an impact of awww.. but Tre left that impact of hell yea imma listen to this next time i drive drunk < Joke so imma say Tie as they both left an impact

Good Topical Audio Battle right here, both came out with bangers... I feel Tre slightly took this for the simple fact he had a hook, his mic presence went well with how he presented his track as for loon did great at telling his story but a bit more emotion woulda made the track bang that much harder.

MVGT Tre

Return to “Illest Audio Topical Tournament”