Mulities

Two words... rap school. Learn the craft, ask questions, be interactive. Find out what makes the technical MC's so efficient at writing, and which areas you need to improve on.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Moneymaker
Rhyme Master
Wins: 4
Losses: 16
No Shows: 1

Mulities

Post by Moneymaker »

Does anyone have tips to help me with How to make a mulite

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

-- Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:45 pm --

Any help
Kulture
Dedicated Emcee
Wins: 1

Re: Mulities

Post by Kulture »

How to Use Multis in Rap

1.Figure out what you actually want to say in your rap. Lots of rhyming does you no good if your rap is complete nonsense.

2.Pick a phrase that is crucial to your rap that you wish to rhyme with. For example, if you are doing a rap about hunting, you may want to rhyme with the phrase "hit the bear"

3.Make a list of words that rhyme with both of your key words. Unlike a regular rhyme where you'd only rhyme with "bear" (hair, there, care, chair), in a multi you'll also want to rhyme with "hit" (sit, get, spit, quit).

4.String together pairs of words from your two lists that make sense together. For example, you may have sit and chair, get and there, quit and there.

5.Flesh out your word pairs into fuller phrases. For example "I was in my SITting CHAIR", "needed to GET to THERE", and "had to QUIT from THERE."

6.Figure out how to work your phrases into a logical structure that involves your key phrase. For example, you were sitting in your chair, went to get somewhere to go hunting, shot at the bear but missed, and had to run away.

7.Arrange your phrases in the order that makes sense for the story, and add lyrics to make it a full verse. For example:"Fed up with being in my sittin' chair,Want to go hunting, had to get to there,Took a few shots, but didn't hit the bear,And the grizzly got pissed, so I quit from there."

Hope these steps helped. :)
K.O. Proverb,

"my crimes are so unreal, I rob leaders sneakers, stay on them like I'm perfume,
my rhymes are so real, they pop out the of speakers, and walk around the room," - Kulture :D
SpawnTrueForm
Potential Emcee
Wins: 3

Re: Mulities

Post by SpawnTrueForm »

The words 'Multi Syllable Rhyming' just need to be the focus of what you are trying to create.
I say for beginners to think about the last multi they want to use, for example "Killing-Fakers" then base the rest of the multi's in the set-up on it.
That way you won't need to think of a multi to fit at the punchline, that way it won't be forced.
AS A BEGINNER i can't stress that enough, just so you learn the trade.. because in the long run you will want your set-ups connecting to your punchline, and your punchline to contain multiple multi's ect..

One step at a time though.
So Killing-Fakers (pretty much) rhymes with Hitting-Majors.. but because its not perfect it's a half rhyme, but that still works when you are saying it out loud, it still helps the flow of it.
Where as Killing-Fakers and Willing-Makers are pretty much perfect multiple syllable rhymes.

Just try not to force something so much that it doesn't make sense. I.e Killing-Fakers followed by Spilling-Brakers.. i mean it's still part of your verse even though it'd a technique, all parts of a verse need to make sense in one way or another.

It's not too complex if you think about it, but if you read and re-read this post (and Kultures) and then read it some more. The more times you read it to more it'll make sense.
[center]Hood Kings Youtube[/center]

Return to “Center Of Elevation”