Evil Geniuses: Complexity & Evolution (INTERVIEW)

Our site has incredible artists, who from time to time are so interesting that we want to interview them. Learn more about the members that you see post every day.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Evil Geniuses: Complexity & Evolution (INTERVIEW)

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

This interview occurred in a messenger and was organized for you readers. Enjoy..

C. A lot of people probably don't even know this, but Evolution (Ekoms) is one of the most influential people for the fact that Illest Lyrics began nearly 6 years ago. I told you the story last night, E, care to tell everyone why you are?

E. Well, I personally think you give me a hell of a lot more credit than I deserve. It does flatter me though, feeling partly responsible for the existence of Illest Lyrics and all. I guess I'd be the water to the seed and time allowed you and it to grow into something I would've never imagined. Although I rather the words come from your own mouth as you're the one who feels I'm the reason for this "birth". What exactly was it that even made you go in this direction and start Illest Lyrics?

C. Alright. Here's the deal, when Evolution first met me I was a completely different person. I was more or less, just straying for purpose, praying for achievement, and basically, just letting the chips fall where they would. Writing rhymes to me, was an interesting and unexpected outlet that he completely inspired. I was ironically a perfectionist even at a young age, so the idea of surpassing him was instinctively on my mind at all times. Eventually, I reached a good enough level that I was becoming jealous of him battling on forums. So I decided to join one on my own, and I was slightly below average, but really liked the whole atmosphere, and in general, we were getting fed up with battling the same people. Thus, the natural progression of starting a forum to battle was created. In some ways, I owe my whole career, to Evolution, but he wasn't really interested so much in the entrepreneurship, which was almost as fun to me, as writing rhymes, and eventually became more important. For those who are less enlightened I was just a smart pothead without direction.

E. First off.. why exactly did I of all people become the reason all this? I never felt like you were my rival, and yet it almost appears to be, in the way you felt you had to surpass me. And second of all.. it's been about 6 years now, so tell us Complexity.. HOW MUCH MONEY HAS ILLEST MADE?

C. Simply put, you just motivated me to be a better battler. It's honestly probably made around 10k and that's not really that impressive of a figure and it keeps going down each year, this being by far the worse, but the amount that I've learned from developing the site, has been worth a lot more, not to count the entertainment. I just wish, I would have spent a little less time beefing with Hazard and a bit more enjoying the battle scene. I have a question for you though. Why has it felt like you never wanted to be the best on Illest, when that's what you really wanted before the site existed.

E. Hm, I did expect a higher number haha. I assumed at least double that but Illest will rise. I feel it in my bones! Ok, so your question, I don't care to be the best because best is really just an opinion and majority rules. Personally, from understanding society and the world as it is, I find majority to be utterly ignorant and blinded by the truth. If one outstanding person says someone else is great.. well all his fans and followers will agree. So I don't care for it. I also didn't have fun trying to be the best, as the site was starting I already felt like the best and opponents were too easy, I even purposely TRIED to lose a few battles and somehow won. No doubt at least one was due to dickriders.. so to my fans.. get off my dick! lol. I too wish I spent less time beefing with Hazard although we kinda just put on a show for people, get the crowd jumpin. One thing I love is pushing others to reach their full potential more so than my own. To summarize all this bullshit up... I basically just enjoy writing and battling motivates me to finish something I started so I don't waste my opponents verse. Enough about that though, there's more important shit to worry about. So Plex, people keep wondering why the owner of Illest Lyrics is never around, I of course already know the reason but I'm sure a few people are curious, care to explain yourself?

C. It comes down to cash and just feeling like I have too much to do. Like, if I cut back on Illest Lyrics a bit, I feel that peoples expectations of me will drop dramatically. And the site is still going to thrive because, we have so many dope things, for instance, the best written rhyme section on the internet, hands down.

E. Definitely, from all the other sites I've been to, Illest Lyrics still seems to be most impressive with the writtens, even text battling and audios in most cases. Anyways, EVIL fucking GENIUSES.. what's up with that? It never made it to an official crew yet some how we've established it as a dominating duo back in the earlier years of Illest. Most people might not even recognize you from your lack of appearance on the site and I doubt anybody has any clue what the hell E.G. (Evil Geniuses) is about lol. So should we even bother taking the time to put life back into that title of infamy and if so what do you think people would expect from us?

C. I think people would be impressed with how stellar our cyphers can be, yet alone what we can write together. And I think we should make one statement, the old guys aren't completely dead. All time, I want you to name ten people on Illest that truly stick out to you in the 6 year history.

E. Well, You obviously so lets see. Complexity, Ruckus, Rugged (Rellik), Scott James, Drunken Jesus, Domino (rejieM eoM), Omega Bill, Ghost (Symbollik), Cee4, and Murk (Kuhlerblynd). What about you? Lets hear your list.

C. In no particular order, the list of people who have influenced or inspired me the most, are Hazard, Ghost, Rell, Jesus, Ekoms, Domino, Ruckus, Cee4, Arvincible, JJ, Micz, and Precise. I think that's more than ten but you can't count anyway because you're mexican. Of those that I just named, who did you think was the most underrated and why.

E. That IS more than ten, it's like 7. I think the most underrated was probably Rell. A lot of his shit went over people's heads and it wasn't until after he kinda left that his work got credited for. What do you think?

C. I think Micz didn't get enough credit for some of the thought provoking shit he put out because he was such an average battler and never had amazing rhyme schemes. Clearly Rell is still one of the most unique talents Illest ever had, and it sucks that we lost him?. A dream match, that people always wanted to see was Ekoms vs Plex. The master vs the student type of deal, but that actually happened when the site first started. Explain.

E. Well, I don't think anyone else besides you really saw us as master vs student, but, you let me win our first battle. I know you did. I just never understood why. I really wanted a challenge and instead you handed it to me so I never got to reach my peak against you. I don't think it's such a dream match anymore since you've retired battling and I no longer take battles serious. Anyways, why did you let me win our first battle?

C. I was intimidated. I didn't want to go all out and lose, so I just really freestyled it and let the chips fall where they did. I still think it would be fun a battle, but I think we should do it for a written rhyme. My question for you is simple, where do you think you're perceived incorrectly as an artist, where are you overrated and under-appreciated?

E. It seems obvious to me. As a forum battler.. I'm not THAT good. not even close. Sure I CAN be, but I'm a live text-battler. So if people want a real match with me face me in a chatroom. I really think my multis carry me as I equally carry them, and I don't think people appreciate my natural writing. As some of it may not be fully natural since my best pieces are on paper and I don't care to transfer it online. Audio I think I am where I stand and it's clear. People have yet to hear me now, I think they might be in for a surprise. Lets move on to you though. Who did you find to be the most difficult to beat, and who would you say was the easiest?

C. No offense Flip, but I knew I had you from the first line that hit me. Not so much him, just in general, I saw the verse in my head, and didn't think he'd able to match it. The hardest to beat was probably Hazard round 2 because I knew he was going to come as hard and personal as possible. Domino and Cee4 weren't easy either. I don't think I clearly dominated in any of them battles. To be honest, I'm embarrassed by most of my battle verses and think objectively I was one of the most overrated battlers in Illest history. Name someone besides me that you learned the most from lyrically and obviously with audio.

E. Ha, I never learned anything lyrically from you. No one from the site either. I learned multis from a guy named Noto whom was my partner in crime and also rival when it came to the lyrical text scene. Multis being his greatest ability, I took it and mastered it to what it is today. Audio, well partly myself, it took a clear realization of my own to figure audio out where I can now be confident enough to put real lyrics to work. There were those encouraging me at the time like Viral, Kurse and HKX. Mostly just saying that I need to grab my balls and be vicious. However that's not what I was needing as I've already learned.

C. I think that's slightly a narcissistic view to say that you didn't learn from anyone. But consciously, you probably didn't because you are so sure of your own talents, which is cool. I learned from so many people Ruckus, Jesus, You, Rell, Domino, to name a few.

E. I did say I learned.. I mentioned Noto, to go further in depth I learned how to build a punch from a guy named Black Ice and wordplay from a guy named Smoove.

E. Lets do a namegame, we'll give each other a name. and you tell me the positives of the names and I'll tell you the negatives. 5 names total. GO!

C. Rugged

C. I'd say he's one of the smarter dudes that I've seen write on the board, he writes real life experiences, which is rare and something that is hard to do because many of us project, externalize and critique rather than learn, internalize and think. Not to mention, his grammatical lucidness is unmatched, from anyone I've seen on the board.

E. He needs to realize win or lose it's just a fucking battle. He catches feelings so easily. He also tries a little too hard in his battles.He ruins something that could be decent to great by trying to go over the top.

E. HKX

C. More dedicated than everyone else in AME excluding Kurse combined. I love his work ethic.

E. I hate his rhymescheme, although it has improved, it's still too basic for my taste. I've told him to work on multis but it seems to be unimportant to him. A song can only be better with more melody and rhythm to it, so why not. Another thing I dislike is he sounds the same in most of his songs, not vocally just the same rhyme pattern, similar to many of Kurse's music as well.

C. Hazard

C. Once again, another dedicated motherfucker. He's put more effort into improving than just about anyone on the site. He also has some stellar lines from time to time.

E. His ego makes mine seem invisible. It's ridiculous how highly he thinks of himself. His lyrics could use some work. His battling has improved but I don't like his writtens at all. Maybe it's just me but the guy is more focused on being greatER than just being great.

E. Dynamiq

C. A truly gifted artist that will probably be doing audio for another 20 years.

E. He no shows a lot. Some of his diversity just shouldn't happen. I hate his club-like tracks. The video of all his little friends of him made me lose a small amount of respect for some odd reason. I just hope he goes in a solid direction more lyrically and outstanding. Tired of feeling like he's blending in to the background.

C. How about Big Stench, Grandpa Kurse himself.

E. Well as I mentioned in HKX's cons. He sounds the same in a lot of shit. His rhymescheme is a bit better but still I want that beastly shit. I'm just glad the guy cleans up his breaths for audios cause he's like a growling grizzly haha. He's also not moving fast enough for his age. Not that I am. But I'd hate to see him go this far and end up like another no name artist.

C. Kurse is the fucking dope lyricist of all time. I mean, he is brutally honest in his music and encourages people around him to get better.

E. Okay that wraps up the name game. Before we even think about ending this yet, tell everyone how your first audio will be a dope collab on my first album.

C. My first audio is coming in the year 2019 bitches, watch out!

C. Kurse will be 55 by the time I drop an audio.

C. That actually might be tomorrow though.

C. Kurse is going to be the first ever artist to go mainstream in a wheel chair, I'll bet my life on it.

C. Kurse is getting so old that his ear hairs are even falling out.

C. Kurse is so old that his midlife crisis happened before most of Illest was born.

C. Last time Kurse got his ID checked, they were still in black and white.

E. Haha, damn. Gramps is going over and under the hill. And just for the record, your first audio will be in the near future. I'm making sure of it.

C. ...So anyways, lets end this interview. Exactly how eager are you to win this Text Tournament you're in?

E. Honestly I'm not really eager to WIN, I just want the fuckin money haha. Winning is nice but getting paid is nicer. And I plan to put that towards my recording equipment if I end up winning it.

C. I don't know who the fuck is paying that 200 dollars, but I have a feeling it's going to end up being me, and I never signed up for that. Which is a biotch.

E. It's coming from 3 people, half of it from Murk and he's also taking full responsibility for that it seems. I'm kind of only expecting about 150 unless he has the whole thing right now.

C. Who are the other 2 people?

E. I kind of forgot.. I think it might be Panda and Loon, there's a thread about it somewhere on Illest. I just don't know where it is but yeah, Murk and 2 others. The other 2 are putting up 50 each and Murk's covering the other half for a total of 200.

C. That will give me a whole new faith in the the site, because that's a lot of money.

E. Yeah I know, it's good shit.

C. If they do that, I'll match them next time and we'll get something big going on. Actually, you know what I could do, which would be a fucking awesome idea. We could put up a paypal drive thing, where everyone donates.... and not have another tournament until it reaches a certain amount, and just have it be this fucking monster of a tournament for like 500 bucks.

C. If I get left with the tab and they are literally forcing me to open my wallet, well... I'm not going to be a happy camper. lol.

E. For what? This current tournament?

C. Yes

E. Well Murk is taking full responsibility like I said before.

C. It's unreal, that the dude hasn't even messaged me on aim, like... back in the day before someone made a thread they would message me, and NOT THAT I DON'T LIKE THAT, BECAUSE I'M TOO BUSY AS IT IS. I just think it's funny, and awesome!

E. Ha, yeah I remember seeing them in the shoutbox like..."Go tell Plex", "Where's Plex?". I assume they didn't have your contact information which is a good thing. I'm starting to get tired of the constant shit coming at me as well. I'm not the only admin on Illest. Much credit to Panda for being a hell of a mod in the battle scene. I could see him being an admin if he keeps it up. Anyways, fuck this shit..

End of Interview-

TEXT COLLAB COMING SOON!
complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Re: Evil Geniuses: Complexity & Evolution (INTERVIEW)

Post by complexity »

I should also add as a special message that I appreciate anyone has helped with the site during my absence and I really do feel a great obligation to make sure you know that. For the record, me and iCandy (mulatto) did have a falling out, I think I should acknowledge that and I haven't been paid by him since the summer of 2010 thus meaning that the site has made less money than people can imagine. I have nothing bad to say about the guy in public, he's just doing his own thing, and clearly doesn't want me to be part of it. This will be the last time that I speak on the record about that, no questions please! A lot of the new users, and the spark of new interest in the site, is owed solely to Rugged. I know many of you dislike him for various reasons, but he's done right by the site and helped us elevate even when I was extremely busy just trying to put food on the table. I also have been watching all that Murk has been doing, and Scott James is still around, Ekoms is getting going. I really want to see this site thrive, and I won't ever let it die. And can someone please make some sort of effort to get more girls on the site and upload damn avatars! Peace, welcome noobs!

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
ScottJames
Army Of Three
Wins: 25
Losses: 3
No Shows: 1

Post by ScottJames »

really good read boys. i thoroughly enjoyed. thanks for the mentions!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
WINS:
Ekmos - KO ... Duc3 - KO ... Jesodist - KO ... MagicMark - KO ... Animul_Instinkz - KO ... Old Rotten - KO ... Dr Kevorkian - KO ... Ambition - KO ... Eclipse - KO ... Domino - 5-3 ... Crimson - KO ... MC Scars - KO ... Modern Defiance - KO ... Tempest - KO ... QwarterZ - KO ... TreTru - KO ... Quix - KO ... Grim/Leeroi Green - KO ... Knowmad - KO ... Cre@tiv3 - KO ... MVario - TKO ... Hazard - KO ... ER - KO ... Colossus - KO ... FlipSide - KO ... JackDaRippa - KO ... JSteel - KO ... Kau The Lion - KO ... 32Neilz - KO ... Evolution - TKO ... Shazo - KO ... CBK - KO
LOSSES:
Cee4 - 5-3
OVERALL:
31-1
Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 38
Losses: 7

Post by Momeijah »

Awesomeeeeeeeeee

AKA SCOTCH HALL, MOE MEIJER & MOMEIJAH.
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three

^ lol domino so what do you think about plex's lisp-like speech impediment, shit's pretty epic
Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

Post by Kurse »

wow...
...roast after roast. Is nobody safe!? lol
complexity
Elevated

Post by complexity »

Evolution wrote:^ lol domino so what do you think about plex's lisp-like speech impediment, shit's pretty epic
That's why I don't do audio, maybe you should take a hint.

Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three

we're just joking around -.-, so much for an interview though, appreciate those who took the time to read it and were interested in learning(monumental)
AntiMaTTer
Army Of Three
Wins: 16
Losses: 1

Post by AntiMaTTer »

ima peep this when i get my interwebs back on

IL record:
16-1
Kuhlerblynd
But I See Right Thru You
Wins: 43
Losses: 8

Post by Kuhlerblynd »

IF, for whatever reason, Panda and Loon cant have the other half of the 200, I WILL PERSONALLY make sure its delivered. Might just have to be two payments.

And yes, Im vouching for that.

Thanks for the notice in the interview guys, alot of stuff to be learned here, and I really appreciate everything the both of you are doing!

Great job and keep it going!
--~Murk McNasty~--
Battle WRECKord 42-8
Borat
Lazy Ass
Wins: 1
Losses: 2
No Shows: 1

Post by Borat »

Nice interview my sons

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image
POET OF THE YEAR 2011
I'm often soft like cotton but my message is clear, my words hold weight like "dumbos" ears.
Omnie
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 6

Post by Omnie »

Long ass read, but it was cool...learned a little IL history...glad to be a part of this site

[ Post made via Android ] Image
When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down!!!
TreTru
Rap Professional
Wins: 9
Losses: 5

Post by TreTru »

aight this was a decent read...
complexity
Elevated

Post by complexity »

ThaOneYouHate wrote:This shit was alright I guess. Seemed a little bit boring and drug out.
Agreed. A lot of it was for document purposes.

That's exactly what I said though.

Part 2 will be more of the evil part and less of the genius.

Kuhlerblynd
But I See Right Thru You
Wins: 43

Post by Kuhlerblynd »

IF you actually get around to doing a part two...
--~Murk McNasty~--
Battle WRECKord 42-8

Return to “Interviews”