Fruity loops mastering?

All production work, recording or production help, beat requests, drumkits, samples, fruity loops, programs and other studio related items belong in this section.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Kause mc
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 5
Losses: 2

Fruity loops mastering?

Post by Kause mc »

Hey ive been using fruity loops since FL 4 and ive just got a question for those of you who use it aswel.

Ive been using the 'multiband compressor' effect 'maximise' in the master effect panel but im not sure if its the best. It seems ok to me but id like to know if i can better the sound of my final production.

I havnt got access to many other programs so suggesting to use another program is sorta impossible. Unless its a free version or sumthin like that.

Any help on the topic is appreciated!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
bringin' heat but not the same shit your cats on
Loon E Lou
Fuck You, Pay Me
Wins: 11
Losses: 6

Re: Fruity loops mastering?

Post by Loon E Lou »

well you definetly should try an cop a newer fl. i have 9 which is pretty nice. i never had 4 but im assuming 9 has more effects and plugins to get a more desired sound. you should look in to it
Kause mc
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 5
Losses: 2

Post by Kause mc »

Thanks lou yea i might try n get my hands on fl 10. Ive heard nothin but good things bout it

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
bringin' heat but not the same shit your cats on
The Gonz
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 1
Losses: 2000

Post by The Gonz »

FL 10 is legit, just got my legit full version the other day. Its a touch better than 9 IMO. Make sure you get the Signature Bundle otherwise you'll still have the demo versions of some of the plugins. As far as making it sound better, I use compression and equalizers to maximize the sound. Get the volume as high as you can without it clipping. Sometimes overlapping sounds can muffle other sounds. Try messing with the levels and compression until it sounds good. I've been messing with the output also, changing it from 128 to 320, etc, hardly that noticable. I've gotten better results from just removing as much of the overlapping frequencies as possible. like low basslines with kicks, putting filters on everything. no reason for treble to be on kick drums and basslines and for bass to be on hi hats. filter the levels and just keep tweaking til you get your desired quality. its time consuming, but worth the effort.

Return to “Studio Related”