Delivery

Two words... rap school. Learn the craft, ask questions, be interactive. Find out what makes the technical MC's so efficient at writing, and which areas you need to improve on.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Absolute
Lyrically Inclined
Wins: 5
Losses: 1

Delivery

Post by Absolute »

Alright, so im assuming Im not the only one with this problem. See I have the know how, the lyrics, the swagger, marketabilty, mindset, all of that, but my voice is mad deep. ITs hard to make it fluctuate and add emotion. Last time I hit the Stu, I did a song from memory, no paper, nothing. Yet it sounded like I was reading still. I was even trying to add emotion, but nothing. My songs come from the heart and they read well but they don't sound like it when I bring the words to life. The only time I'm able to add "character" to my voice is when freestyling or battling, when you have that "on the spot" delivery. So if anyone had any pointers and/or exercises to help this problem itd be appreciated. As I said, my lyrics are there. IF my delivery were better theres no doubt in my mind i'd be signed. I think this is an important topic that a lot of people have problems with.
TOOK 2 MANY SHOTS:

Nemesis (ko)
SuperIntendent [Ho Show]
360 [ko]
Shiobock [ko]

Battle League 1-0
QwarterZ
Rap Professional
Wins: 4
Losses: 9

Re: Delivery

Post by QwarterZ »

Usually in this case I have to think of sad things
well for mostly a sad break up joint I got one but at the same time
I read it, I think it sounds alright but my flow is kinda f'd up
I didn't stay on beat the whole time

I mean if this damn computer allowed me to manipulate my music into MP3 I'd show y'all
either way I say just envision somethin' bad in your life
Absolute
Lyrically Inclined
Wins: 5

Post by Absolute »

okay, but this brings up the question, why cant I envision something happy? Sadness isnt the only emotion that carries fluctuation voice. Being mad is another. Music should be about telling your life, and I see my cup half-full.However, is there a possible way to ADD this effect WITHOUT entering an emoitonal state? And if so, how would you practice it?
TOOK 2 MANY SHOTS:

Nemesis (ko)
SuperIntendent [Ho Show]
360 [ko]
Shiobock [ko]

Battle League 1-0
FlipSide
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Post by FlipSide »

Dude... what i used to do back in the day..since all i really did was freestyle and write i can relate.. was smoke a blunt and put my hoody over my eyes and "blackout"... if u can memorize ur writtens which i still dont do... it should be easy to spit like u freestyling... Not to insult u ... For real Lemme Say it again... NOT TO INSULT U... I just think u being a tight ass...Loosen Up.. if the piece is a happy piece then be happy when u spit it..If its a dark piece then be mad... have some one roast u or some shit... it works man.. Get a hype squad also... that used to help me freestyle.. knowing i had my guys there.. It should also give u incentive to kill shit...Dont wanna disappoint u dig? I wish i had my hype squad...hmmm anyways i suffer from swagga lack.. as people have told me on my audios.. but if u find one useful piece in this jumble of crap im writing...then im happy
BANG BANG!!!! I Shot U Down
̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪•)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ -
BennyBones
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 6
Losses: 21

Post by BennyBones »

practice on impersonations it will help the comfort of ur voice from the emotons in the words to the expressions in your face
"express the words of emotion!"... and then let it go...

BoNes-
"wHO THE hELL DO yOU THInK yOU ARE, jESUS mUTHA FuCKA????"
ODDZ313
Potential Emcee

Post by ODDZ313 »

play with your voice higher and lower and imitate others. I have 2 go to voices right now. for dark or hard songs i try 2 sound more like styles p but it lands in between styles p n immortal tech, and for my other traxs i got a higher pitch that is a lil more like old lil wayne.
ODDZ[color=#00BFFF][i][/i][/color]

Return to “Center Of Elevation”