Interview with Hazard 12-11-2008

Our site has incredible artists, who from time to time are so interesting that we want to interview them. Learn more about the members that you see post every day.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

Interview with Hazard 12-11-2008

Post by Kurse »

Today, Thursday Dec. 11th, 2008...illestlyrics sat down with Hazard and these were his thoughts...

[align=center]-interview started-[/align]
IllestLyrics: Thanks for doing this interview Haz.

Hazard: Yeah No Problem.

IllestLyrics: So how are things with Hazard as far as illestlyrics is related?

Hazard: Things Are Good You could Say... No Net Beef Really Goin On Involvin Me right Now... Complexity Actually Acknowledges I Aint Wack And I Released a Track...Soo Things are Goin Good

IllestLyrics: Glad to hear that. Now you've been on and off of illestlyrics for over 2 years now (for those who aren't familiar with Haz)...and this is your first interview ever with illestlyrics, why don't you tell the readers what got you into hip-hop?

Hazard: I Mean.. I Never Had a Father Figure Like That... i use To Always Hang Around With Older People Who Would be Posted Up Around The Block... They Use To Bump Alot Of Rap And I Just Got Into ... They Were My Rolemodels Feel Me?... Basically People On My Block Got Me Into Hip hop.. Watching Them Battle , Cypher And Bump C.ds...

IllestLyrics: very very interesting...so when was it (at what age) that you started rapping?

Hazard: Well... When i Started writin I Wasn't Rappin...I Actually Was writin Poetry... I Started Writin Poetry Around 11 Or so And kept It Goin For a while

IllestLyrics: nice, very nice...yea poetry is how I first got started into writing. Now lets back-track a little bit into illest history. Shortly after you first arrived here on IL, you had suddenly disappeared from the forum completely; not to be seen again until almost a year later...during the time that you were gone, where was it you disappeared to?

Hazard: I Mean ... I Had To Attend To Alot of Personal Shit... When I Was off Of illest I Was Out In The Streets Bein a Trouble Maker As Some would Say...Fuckin Up In School Like Crazy... That Year I Missied 97 Days Of School And Theres 187 lol... Plus I'm On The Computa to Listen to Music My Computa Messed Up... & I Felt Like I Needed To Elevate... So You could Say I Was Huggin Tha Block.. & Jus Writin Alot battlin At Local spots People Would Go To...i Was Mainly Elevating , Writing Notebooks Full of Shit

IllestLyrics: ok
IllestLyrics: so...presently how are things in the personal life of Haz?

Hazard: I Mean There hard , I Have Alot Of desicions To Make Right now... Alot Of Desicions... The Good Thing is I'm Motivated To Go To College Next year... I Been Lookin At things Alot Differently The Past 4 Months For Some Reason... Trying to Point Out Tha Pros And Con's Of Every Situation I'm Put in Or Wanna Put Myself in...

IllestLyrics: Without a doubt, that's good shit. College is definately a good way to get your head right in any direction. But we're absolutely glad to hear that Haz is thinkin about gettin his grown-man on! lol
IllestLyrics: Now...
IllestLyrics: Describe to our readers who Hazard is in 1 word.

Hazard: Motivation.

IllestLyrics: Good description. I like that.
IllestLyrics: So past careers and college...is hip-hop/rappin something you see as a possbile future prospect, or is it just a hobby and nothing more?

Hazard: I Mean College & Career Etc Etc Is Just Securing My Future... But I'm Deff gunna Flood The Streets With Mixtapes.. I Won't Let Haters Stop Me... I'm Gunna Still Invent Myself And Make a Name For My Self..Mixtape Wise... Regardless...

IllestLyrics: Good game plan. So then as an artist, what do you have to offer todays competitive industry that seperates you from the rest of the crowd?

Hazard: I'm Versitile.. And you Don't Hear Of a Rapper My Race...So it's Different.... I'm Deff Versatile....

IllestLyrics: Aiight Aiight...I can dig that.
IllestLyrics: Now bringin it back on over to illest...when it comes to beef...you seem to be a magnet for hate at times. Would you agree that you probably have more conflicts on illest than the average member?

Hazard: Yes I Agree I've had More Conflicts On illest Then the Average Member

IllestLyrics: And is there any ass-clown in particular that Haz currently has in the cross-hairs?

Hazard: Hm... Ekoms If Anyone... Other Then That Theres noone That Comes To Mind...

IllestLyrics: Word. Now staying within the same ball-park when it comes to beef, in your eyes...do you think dat beef is a good thing or a bad thing when it comes to the reputation of the artist?

Hazard: Hm... It's Bad If theres No Balance... Like For Me As a Text Head On illest? Its Bad... Cause Theres No Balance At All.. i Hopp Out One beef And Jump Into Another...You Gotta Balance Peace & Beef.

IllestLyrics: Interesting theory.
IllestLyrics: So lets switch it up a lil bit...when Hazard downloads music, or loads up the ipod...what kind of artists and songs can we expect to see on that list?

Hazard: Tupac , Big L , Big Pun, Jadakiss , Nas , AZ, Joe Budden , Hova , Biggie , Styles P , Lloyd Banks , Fabolous , Cassidy , Stack Bundles , Termanology , JOEL ORTIZ , Crooked I, Royce Da 5'9 , Big Lou , Rakim , Kool G Rap ... Old 50cent , Eminem...Chino XL...APATHY, Ludacris , LOADED LUX , Cory Gunz , Ransom, Hitchcock.

IllestLyrics: Thats definately a list wit heat!
IllestLyrics: Now I know we just switched it, but we're gon' switch it up again and slide right into a game that Complexity made a while back called "Favorites"
IllestLyrics: you ready!?

Hazard: Yeah

IllestLyrics: Ok...
IllestLyrics: Who's your favorite text artists on illest that drops in the scripts?

Hazard: Artists < More Then One .... Complexity , Rell Fiasco , Hazard , Cee4.
Hazard: O Yeah Also Magikmark I Forgot Dood... I Wanna See Scott James Drop More Material

IllestLyrics: Good choices...how about favorite Audio Head on illest?

Hazard: Excluding Myself. Kurse & HKX.
Hazard: And Dynamiq.

IllestLyrics: word word...favorite person to battle or beef wit from time to time?

Hazard: Complexity Or Cee4.

IllestLyrics: Any favorite collab that you might've done on illest?

Hazard: A Bunch With ThaOneYouHate.
Hazard: Our Last S.A.W. Diss Actually ..

IllestLyrics: Good call.
IllestLyrics: With that being said we're gona slide into the traditional "Name Game"
IllestLyrics: You know how this goes right?

Hazard: Yeah Let's get it...

IllestLyrics: aiight...
IllestLyrics: ...James Scott

Hazard: Scott James? ... He's Coo.. Doesnt Come off Like a Dickhead Or Nothing... Dood Deff Got Skill...Some Simple Plays Here And There But Overall I'd Say He's One of ill's Good Battlers.. Not The Best.. But Good.. I'd Like To See Him Vs Rell If Rell Comes out Of Retirement

IllestLyrics: I definately co-sign that thought! I'm sure we'd all like to see that battle happen.
IllestLyrics: How about Cee4

Hazard: Cee4 is a Dickhead Man..Na I'm Playin This Kid's Cool... Sometimes He Developes a Crazy Ego And Get's Big headed.. BUT!... He Can Drop Good skills & Every Now And Then He'll Dropp a Nice Battle verse, Deff Some1 I Like Battling/Beefin With.
Hazard: Good Scripts ****

IllestLyrics: Koo Koo...
IllestLyrics: Magic Mark

Hazard: Magic Mark... He's Good.. Doods Actually In My Crew... He's Been Active as Hell In The Battle Grounds... Sometimes He Words Shit Weird & In My Opinion Certain Things Don't Rhyme.. Regardless Magic Mark Has Made His Mark In The Battle Grounds i Wanna See Him Vs Scott James...Or Duce...Other Then Him Likin Lil Wayne LOL Theres No Problems

IllestLyrics: haha...agreed.
IllestLyrics: Double FL

Hazard: Double FL!... She Got Skill... Lmfao This chick Writes Fuckin Plays....Her Poems Deff Come Off Sick.. She's a Good Writer.. She Deff Found Her Niche... I Seen Her Use Her First Multi The Other Day... So I'm Lookin Forward To Her Droppin In The Scripts Sometime Soon...

IllestLyrics: word word....Kurse

Hazard: Kurse , Is a Funny Dood Lmfao With His Weird Ass Jokes Here & There... Deff a Hard Worker.. No Matter What People Say About His Lyrical Skill...He Has Good Work Ethics... Got Room To Elevate , But Deff Doin ya Thang.. Why Is It So Hard is My Favorite Joint By The Way.

IllestLyrics: Nice Nice...how bout Ekoms

Hazard: Ekoms ... Fell Off... Anyone With a Brain Will Tell You Ekoms Fell Off ... I Mean He Voices His Opinion Like I Voice My Own So It's Whatever, He Needs to Get Back On His Feet But his Old Shit Wasn't Bad... He's a Cocky Dood.

IllestLyrics: and how bout Miilz

Hazard: Millz Deff Got a Lott Of Anger in Him Cause the Kurse Vs Millz Beef.. He Deff showed He Wasn't Affraid & What Not... He's Active in The Battle Grounds Aint Bad at All... His Tracks r Coo... People Just don't Understand Him , Maybe It's Cause He's Jumpy Or What Not..Hes Coo Though, Lookin Forward To Millz Vs Kurse & HKX.

IllestLyrics: alright...and last but not least....Rell

Hazard: RELL!!....Lmaoo This Nigga Be Takin Some Stupid Concepts & Makin Um Fresh As Hell... Battling Wise? I've Seen Rell Take Out Alot Of Niggas Not Only On this Site... I Always Show Rell My Work & He's a Crazy Critic Dood'll Tell Me My Shit's Wack. Like "That shit is Wack" Deff Helps Me Elevate... Writin Wise? Rell Got Skills Man, Topicals , Battles... Just Wuddeva He Can Hold His Weight... His Punchlines & Wordplay R Bananaz To.. Thats My Nigga Though , Me & Dood Dont Jus Talk Rap We Talk About Everythin From Gangs To Overrated Text Heads... Rell Deff Needs To Come Out His Lil Retirement.

IllestLyrics: Alright...now for a few last questions before we wrap this bad boy up. Now alot of kats seem to like use your win/loss record against you in battles because of the fact that the ratio is so close...what do you have to say to those out there that doubt your skill or may not have encountered you in a battle just yet?

Hazard: I'd Like To Say ... LISTEN.... That's All Elevation Baby... Whether There Losses Or Wins It's Elevation!.... I've Had More Battles Then Anyone On The Site... I Have Even More Battles Off The Site... Losing Only Makes Me Better I Can Take a Loss.. Can You? .... & For People Who Havent Encountered Me.. I Mean If You Really Wanna Go By My Record Go Righ Ahead Call Me Out! And We Can See Whats Really Good...

IllestLyrics: Thats definately Braveheart talk right there boi! haha So needless to ask...you'd be willing to take on any challenger then?

Hazard: Any Challenger , Anyone I Don't Care Who , I Dont Care About Your Record... Etc Etc.. i'll Battle Whoeva Wants To Battle.

IllestLyrics: Thats whats up! I like your confidence fam. So tell me. There any audio collabs or text collabs that you'd like to get poppin off with certain illest members?

Hazard: Audio Collab ... With You & Viral... On One Track... And One With Dynamiq On One of My Tracks.... Text Collabs? Rell & Complexity in a Collab ...

IllestLyrics: Nice choices...definately would make for some interesting material.
IllestLyrics: So let me ask you...from one artist to another...
IllestLyrics: if you had the opportunity to get signed to a major...would you do it, and get dat money? Or would you rather stay independently underground in fear that you'd lose your cred and respect if you went mainstream?

Hazard: Na I'd Take It Man With Out a Doubt , The Thing is i Wouldnt Let The Money Get In The Way Of What Really Matters ( Showin Skill On The Mic)....I Would Take The Money , With No Hesitation , i Just Wouldnt Sell Out Lyri wise And Not Forget im In it For The Sport Not For The Gwop.

IllestLyrics: That's exactly how I see it. It's hard to ride that thin line though cause money has shown that it can change a man.

Hazard: Na No Doubt It Can Change A Man , But Just Stay True To Yourself.
Kurse of AME: Most def.

IllestLyrics: So Haz...we've reached the end of the ride. Any shout-outs, announcements or words of wisdom that you'd like to share with our readers?

Hazard: Just Stay Motivated!... I'm Droppin A Collab Track Soon As I Put The Adlibs... Shout Out To You For The Interveiw Shout Out To Plex For Givin Me His Interveiw And.. illest... Just Keep Shittin Flowin...

IllestLyrics: Most def...and we look forward to seeing more of your material on illest.
IllestLyrics: Respect.

Hazard: Aight Homie. 1

[align=center]-Interview Ended-[/align]
Last edited by Kurse on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brah-Vo
Rap Professional
Wins: 1
Losses: 14

Post by Brah-Vo »

Finally a haz interview. Was a pretty good read. Good interview, coulda been abit more in depth but its still nice.
gj to both.
Aka Raiza Sharp, R.A.I
ÐÛÇ£»
Rap King
Wins: 16
Losses: 17

Post by ÐÛÇ£» »

Great Read My Man.. Nice to find out stuff i ain't know about..

propz to illestlyricst and hazard...
|.R.SON.aLL.|
My Brother's Dead
Wins: 30
Losses: 11

Post by |.R.SON.aLL.| »

That Was a Fresh ass Read ..
Hazard U Mah Nigga Man Fa Real ..
Like Thru Whateva We Been Thru U Mah Nigga ..
Even Tho This Tha Net ..
i Still Respect U ..
& We Can Get That Collabo Poppin Lol
[align=center]Image
.. it`s S.a.W Bitches ..
.. Niggas ain't Fuckin Wit Tha Team ..

JayGUNNa
RELL FiaSCO

aRViNCiBLE
SCiP
MiiLZ

Image[/align]
complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Post by complexity »

Excellent interview. Its nice to see Hazard in a more humble state and I definitely want to collaborate sometime in the future.

Np for the interview.

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
Viral
Mentally Unstable
Mentally Unstable
Wins: 5
Losses: 1

Post by Viral »

good shit,nice to see another side...these interviews actually help users see wats goin on in some peoples lifes.....make sure u go to college!...lol...i gotta get up on that shit too..haha..bout the collab...im down for watever...im sure kurse is too
Miilz
Rap Assassin
Wins: 3

Post by Miilz »

Yeah We Gettin Our Battle i Think This Week!
Anyways Good Interveiw, i'm Tierd Of Seeing The Same People With 5 Different Interveiws. Give Magic Mark, Mutual Hostility, Cee4 Or Fans One Now.
HKX
Hard-Kore-X
Wins: 3

Post by HKX »

Haz good interview dawg shit was nice bro I'm waitin 4 u 2 drop an or sum audio's so I could leave u sum feed dawg lol good shit dawg stay up nigga and yea go 2 college dawg shit is important as fuck

Facebook Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/HKX-Ha ... 8754264962
Reverbnation: http://www.reverbnation.com/hkx
Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/hkx
Search For Me On Datpiff.com: http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes-search. ... eyword:HKX
Latest Album Dropped: Da Essence
Quix
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 89
Losses: 29
No Shows: 1

Post by Quix »

give me an interview :0

I'm much more interesting then the others :) lol

j/k

Gimme an interview tho!
Real Recognize Real ... who dah Fuck is you???

Awards:
2009 Text diss of the year
2009 Most Hated
2011 Battler Of the Year
MagicMark
Rap Assassin
Wins: 13

Post by MagicMark »

nice shit haz...
ScottJames
Army Of Three
Wins: 25
Losses: 3
No Shows: 1

Post by ScottJames »

nice read

a little long though...

n my concepts r fresh!! :)
WINS:
Ekmos - KO ... Duc3 - KO ... Jesodist - KO ... MagicMark - KO ... Animul_Instinkz - KO ... Old Rotten - KO ... Dr Kevorkian - KO ... Ambition - KO ... Eclipse - KO ... Domino - 5-3 ... Crimson - KO ... MC Scars - KO ... Modern Defiance - KO ... Tempest - KO ... QwarterZ - KO ... TreTru - KO ... Quix - KO ... Grim/Leeroi Green - KO ... Knowmad - KO ... Cre@tiv3 - KO ... MVario - TKO ... Hazard - KO ... ER - KO ... Colossus - KO ... FlipSide - KO ... JackDaRippa - KO ... JSteel - KO ... Kau The Lion - KO ... 32Neilz - KO ... Evolution - TKO ... Shazo - KO ... CBK - KO
LOSSES:
Cee4 - 5-3
OVERALL:
31-1
precise
Elevated
Wins: 20
Losses: 7

Post by precise »

good read, n the fact ur not beefin with anyone right now threw me for a loop! lmao

facin me? its mission impossible, like pickin up lesbian broads
fuck all these thespian frauds, they "bug me" like espionage
Brah-Vo
Rap Professional
Wins: 1

Post by Brah-Vo »

hes beefing with cee.
Cee4
Rhyme Dominator
Wins: 58
Losses: 16

Post by Cee4 »

^^^^
lol ive had beef

not on the internet tho.

mic burnaz til i die!!!!!

and yeah the interview was kinda boring.
i thought hazard would of had more to his life than boasting about skipping school. not that theres anyting wrong with keeping shit to yourself but when you`ve whored yourself for an interview i expect more
honestly im kinda dissapointed in this
Haz
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 67
Losses: 70

Post by Haz »

Why Dont you Get Off My Dick.

Return to “Interviews”