Will the Real Slim Shady PLZ stand up!!!!!!!

Argue over who has the illest punchlines in the game. What your favorite songs are, the latest albums, and any other creative idea that will inspire thought provoking conversation.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

ugly
Lyrically Inclined
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Will the Real Slim Shady PLZ stand up!!!!!!!

Post by ugly »

Ok, Im sure you all already watched or heard Eminems New single "We Made you" off his up and comming album The Relapse. And if your a eminem fan like me your like "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!?!?!!?" right?

1. First Off: The chorus is sung by Jessica simpson (but thats what it says when i search for the lyrics, it dosent sound like her though) What the hell is eminem collaberating with this bitch for? and if he isnt why would he even mention her? she isnt big news, he wont gain nothing by "dissing" her. And i wont even speak on the video, its just pathetic.

2. the Lyric content: Lets compare the chorus's from "we made you" to a similiar song "The real slim shady"

[font=Comic Sans MS](We Made You)
When you walked through the door
It was clear to me (clear to me)
You're the one they adore, who they came to see (who they came to see)
You're a … rock star (baby)
Everybody wants you (everybody wants you)
Player… Who can really blame you (who can really blame you)
We're the ones who (chicka) made you *cough, cough* [/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS] (The Real Slim Shady)
Im SLim shady, yes Im the real shady
all you other slim shadys are just imitating
so wont the real slim shady plz stand up
plz stand up, plz stand up[/font]

Now whats the difference from "The Real Slim Shady" to "We Made you"? the difference is his personality, originality, and his style simply seperates himself from anything in the rap game and pop culture.
In the chorus of "We Made You" its like he joined pop culture entirely and has no problem with that, he completly Threw away "Slim shady" hes now just Eminem the jestest/clown of music. Hes No Longer that Angry blond who would rip you to shreds and who produced some of the Greatest illest tracks from "Thw way I am" "Kim" "Stan" "still dont give a fuck" ect. But who knows, he might come with something decent on the album, we dont know yet.

But Thats not what hurt me the most, Not even close. If you hadnt noticed Hes rapping in that little rottweilers voice, You know that fucking stupid puppet dog who is at every award show there is?!?!?! thats how he makes a come back?? off of some fucking voice?!?!!?

Then to piss us off more, he comes at us at the same exact angle as every other Pop hating, anti-boy band song like "Without Me, the real slim shady' ect.
heres like 2 bars from "We made you" that was just such garbage and bullshit to me

[font=Comic Sans MS]Sorry Portia, but what's Ellen DeGeneres
Have that I don't, are you telling me tenderness?
Well I can be as gentle and as smooth as a gentleman
Give me my ventolin inhaler and 2 xenedrine
And I'll invite Sarah Palin out to dinner then
Nail her, 'Baby say hello to my little friend' [/font]

jesus anyone on this site can come up with something doper than this trash. Hell, I could come up with some betters!

The Only reason, THE ONLY REASON!!! I like eminem is because of the anger in his music. The Solid straight up, No Bullshit attitude is what draws me to buy his CD. You could take out all the anti-boy band playful songs and I would buy The Slim shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP entirely for the tracks "The way I am" and "Still Dont Give a Fuck" I think any eminem fan would. If he is out of these kinds of ideas, or just simply dosent have that passion or anger any more than fuck it, retire! You have Millions of dollars, your one of the greatest Emcees, why ruin it?

I have No doubt that the relapse album is going to sell large numbers, but not cuz of the music content. But of the stature of Eminem. because of his Legendary status fans will buy this CD regardless of style, emotion, flow and all the key elements of his first 3 CD's (NOT ENCORE!) All I know is Im not buying this crap, period
Omega Bill
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 23
Losses: 17

Post by Omega Bill »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dina_Rae

Is the person on "We Made You". Not Jessica Simpson. The Jessica Simpson thing was a joke because she's thicker now and they had a thick chick in the video singing the opening.
ugly
Lyrically Inclined

Post by ugly »

dude as i said, and quote me "(but thats what it says when i search for the lyrics, it dosent sound like her though)"

so either put your imput on the topic at hand or be quiet cuz whtever your stating is completly irrelevent
Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 38
Losses: 7

Post by Momeijah »

at The End Of The Day, Music is a Form Of Entertainment. Some People Are Entertained By Tracks Like That, Some Will Convince Themselves They Are Because it's Eminem, And So On. Varies From Person To Person.

ur Boat Obviously Keeps Afloat From Eminem's Angrier Shit, i Like Quite a Bit Of His Alternate Styles. Personally ill Give Kudos To Eminem For Experimenting But at The Same Time He Should Prefer Dropping The Kinda Shit That Gave Him Such a Large Fanbase in The First Place.

AKA SCOTCH HALL, MOE MEIJER & MOMEIJAH.
ugly
Lyrically Inclined

Post by ugly »

ThaOneYouHate wrote:That Was 6 Bars... 6 Lines... "3 Bars" To Text Heads.. But Aside From That.... it's Still Comin From Tha Same i Dont Give A Fuck Attitude... it's Tha Sarcasm And Mockery.. That's Always Been Em He Just Brings it in Diffo Ways... And i Actually Think He Drops Shit Like This To Boost His Own Ego And Self Esteem With All Tha Shit He's Always Goin Through... Just Continuing To "Not Give A Fuck" isn't Gonna Solve Any Problem.... Perhaps He's Realized This Because Encore Was Pretty Much Tha Same Exact Shit.. is it A Disappointment? in A Way Yes in A Way No.. Kinda Like Dom Said.... He's Experimentin With Different Waters And Proving He's Diverse... Someone Else Did Tha Same Thing That i'm Sure Dom is Real Familiar With.... Which Would Be Metallica... They Totally Switched Their Style Up in Their New Music Still A Huge Fan Base Though.... There's Always A Reason Why Artists Choose To Change.. it Could Even Just Be Because Of Tha Label itself....

if You Realize Most Of Tha Artists On Shady Aftermath Changed... Look At 50.. He Used To Drop That Hardcore Gangsta Shit Now He's More Known For Club Hits/Love Songs... Look At Banks.. Argueably One Of Tha Greatest Punch Line Rappers Ever And Now He's Relyin On Tha Same Thing 50 is For Tha Most Part... And i'm Also Sure it Wasn't All Em.. Dre Most Likely Supported This 100% Or He Would've Never Produced Tha Video.. Also One Hip-Hop Legends Signed To Shady Aftermath With G-Unit.. Mobb Deep.... Been A Minute Since They Dropped Somethin But They Totally Switched Their Style Up Too.. i Wouldnt Really Expect Much For Tha Next Album But Ya Never Know Em Could Suprise Everyone..
ok I do not think its just exsperimenting at all, its that their either running out of ideas, or basically they're not the same person as they were on their first albums. And for that 50 cent shit you said, 50 never changed, his first SINGLE was a CLUB HIT, and all the average tracks were gangsta shit, 50 never changed his style, he may have appealed to the public more but he still finds a way to stay street and produce club jams.And llyod banks aint even shit dude, who gives a fuck about llyod banks, of course hes gonna change, HE HAS TOO! no mainstream media wants to hear his ass, he has no new songs, no new videos, Nothing.

wat im saying is if you have no original ideas then fuck off, also what I said People will buy his lame album (eminems album) regardless because of his legendary status. Just like they did with encore, and that album was bullshit.
Lotus
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 1
Losses: 1

Post by Lotus »

if hes rappin like a dog on the whole album... then yeah he def need to retire. i rele doubt this was a serious track though, he's known for puttin out retarded hype singles b4 an album drop jus to fuk wit ppl.. im sure theres gon be at least a few decent tracks on the album.. his flow's gotten pretty wierd too. in "im having a relapse" he sounds a LIL like the dog but its still some shit u cud listen to n flow wit... but i cnt even listen to "we made you" its not enjoyable at all
GrimBlaze
Dedicated Emcee

Post by GrimBlaze »

stopped listenin to em a long, long, time ago............

infact the whole of aftermath......
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

^^.. im still kinda waitin for detox, em died after eminem show and thats where he started slippin, now he fell off the deep end,

his style of rage and comedy always drew my attention to his music not including his lyrical wits, but lyrically he fell and now he's just goofy

i'd never buy an album without hearing atleast one decent single, saves time and money, but fans will be fans
Kause mc
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 5
Losses: 2

Re:

Post by Kause mc »

GrimBlaze wrote:stopped listenin to em a long, long, time ago............

infact the whole of aftermath......
Same.. Here and there i will but all the old shit.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
bringin' heat but not the same shit your cats on
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Re: Will the Real Slim Shady PLZ stand up!!!!!!!

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

whats up with you digging through archives from years ago...
Kause mc
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 5
Losses: 2

Re: Will the Real Slim Shady PLZ stand up!!!!!!!

Post by Kause mc »

Evolution wrote:whats up with you digging through archives from years ago...
I dunno. Theres just some interesting shit. Not much new stuff is happening these days

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
bringin' heat but not the same shit your cats on

Return to “Hip Hop Discussion”