20 years later

Expand your artistic ability through poetry and story telling. Poetry has been given new life ever since the inception of hip hop. Relax for a minute and explore your poetic side here.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, Kuhlerblynd, Glamtrash, Borat

ER215
Rhyme Master
Wins: 9
Losses: 9

20 years later

Post by ER215 »

This was a Topical Battle Verse but my opponent nva showed so I'm just posting for a lil feedback..

"20 years later" (Might as well title it... lol)

Dim lights around me tryna make it to a mirror, last thing that I remember it was mid or late December/
Bright lights in a blur but they faded wit their glimmer, and now I wake in this state my mindstate's in a shimmer/
Looks like I haven't shaved in months, and what's the fuck up with these tubes?/
Hard for me to expand my lungs, and why the fuck I can't find my shoes?/
I guess my name is ER cuz it's texted around my wrist band, but once I made it to the mirror I don't recognize this man/
I'm stumbling it's hard to for me to grip wit these hands, and a couple months of sleep isn't even what I had planned/
I'm gettin a lil back now I really start to wonder, slowly make it to the phone started thinkn of some numbers/
Who the hell can I call? Did someone try to take me under?, Did someone not want me to make it to Spring or the Summer?/
So I make it to the jack and the dial tone's different, look down to dial out and the numbers went missing/
Now I may feel a lil crazy and eyes a lil twitchin, but I know somethings wrong now and inside I'm bitchin/
Then an operators voice popped and she spoke the date and time, and the bullshit she said really blew me out my mind/
This had to be a joke how could I lose so much time?, 2031? I've done slept through all of my prime?/
I'm now looking thru the window and the cars really fly, I had to take a double look to check the truth within my eyes/
I missed my children grow and now the tears form in my eyes, Cuz as a father that's something that I really really prized/
The reflection off the window showed another face my visions never had, and in a mans emotional tone the same face spoke "Dad"/
I was scared to turn and look had I done something bad?, But I embraced the widely spread arms to the words "Welcome back"/

.................Real.................
All my girls be model hot/ Yea your girl she probably not....
FlipSide
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Re: 20 years later

Post by FlipSide »

Man Dude From Reading ur battles to reading this theres a defenite sign of growth. Good story good flow. Nicely tied the emotion in on this one. I gotta say i was def feeling this piece more than the others i seen u drop
BANG BANG!!!! I Shot U Down
̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪•)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ -

Return to “The Poet's Stage”