Typeo Interview - Illest Throwback

Our site has incredible artists, who from time to time are so interesting that we want to interview them. Learn more about the members that you see post every day.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Typeo Interview - Illest Throwback

Post by complexity »

Favorite Battle: Ryan: http://www.illestlyrics.com/board/battl ... t3504.html

Favorite Verse: http://www.illestlyrics.com/board/topic-vt1431.html

(11:13:04 PM) (ci): You're the 16th member of Illest Lyrics. The site has been up for almost four years now, are you shocked that it has been this long?

(11:13:38 PM) Ryan: actually yeah, I wouldn't of figured some of these kids would still be on here

(11:14:51 PM) (ci): What made you lose complete interest in Illest?

(11:17:15 PM) Ryan: Well for one I've been moving quite a bit, doing school work, and I lost interest in writing over all

(11:17:39 PM) Ryan: I've regained interest in writing, but I have lost a more interest in battling

(11:18:12 PM) (ci): Speaking of battling. You infamously got smashed by Drunken Jesus in one of your favorite battles. Do you remember your reaction when you first read verse from him?

(11:18:57 PM) Ryan: Nice

(11:19:49 PM) (ci): When you wrote, did you have a particular audience in mind. Some would say that your content was esoteric in nature.

(11:20:26 PM) Ryan: I wouldn't say I have a audience in mind, I just write.

(11:20:54 PM) (ci): Who do you think was the most underrated writer when you were still active on Illest?

(11:22:03 PM) Ryan: you, least from what I remember.

(11:23:37 PM) Ryan: I mean there was like a couple of us who thought you were good, but all these new cats would think you sucked

(11:24:02 PM) Ryan: But as I said earlier, since I quit smoking alot of the shit is kinda blurry.

(11:24:35 PM) (ci): As someone who wasn't always appreciated, do you have any advice for writers in the future or present who feel that they're underestimated. Do you also find this as an advantage or a disadvantage?

(11:26:46 PM) Ryan: advantage for one

(11:27:06 PM) Ryan: if you put in something people thought you couldn't do its like omg wow

(11:27:35 PM) Ryan: as for advice

(11:28:20 PM) Ryan: try not to talk too much shit, you can usually
get some help or advice from people who are good.

(11:29:02 PM) Ryan: try to expand your vocab, read more, don't just sit around and jerk off thinking about shitty artists.

(11:30:07 PM) Ryan: and always carry something around with you to write on unless you have an ungodly memory

(11:32:33 PM) Ryan: oh, and have fun with it, I had fun all the time even talking shit.

(11:38:22 PM) (ci): Do you think at times you were too cocky though?

(11:38:39 PM) Ryan: upon looking back now, oh yeah.

(11:39:40 PM) (ci): Care to divulge further?

(11:49:06 PM) Ryan: I enjoyed far too much in the factor of the shit talking, I've gotten to the point I care more about the writing than I do the battling anymore so I've realized how stupid it really is

(11:49:23 PM) Ryan: I've gotten to the point if you're gonna talk shit just write a verse instead

(11:49:35 PM) Ryan: unless you really want to try to work the kid up, but even then it seems futile in the end.

(11:58:49 PM) (ci): Thanks for the interview. Let's play a retro name game, real quick. You up for it?

(12:00:21 AM) Ryan: ok

(12:00:25 AM) (ci): Ekoms.

(12:02:06 AM) Ryan: loved multies, battle

(12:02:25 AM) Ryan: I liked the kid over all compared to most

(12:02:32 AM) (ci): Viral.

(12:02:52 AM) Ryan: one of my favorite people, most fun to talk to, the most laid back kid I've known on there...flat out cool guy.

(12:03:08 AM) (ci): Jesus.

(12:03:40 AM) Ryan: ha

(12:04:06 AM) Ryan: well, he was good at what he did, I think he was a lil over rated, mind you I did like his shit don't get me wrong, but he kinda reminds me of Tupac but without the whole dying thing.

(12:11:14 AM) (ci): T Mac

(12:12:00 AM) Ryan: ...don't remember him too much

(12:12:35 AM) (ci): 16 micz

(12:13:47 AM) Ryan: I'd say one of the most improved guys over time, I enjoyed reading his stuff.

(12:14:12 AM) (ci): Complexity

(12:15:20 AM) Ryan: One of the few who was cool with me in the beginning, was better than people made him out to be, just fun to chill with.

(12:17:03 AM) (ci): Thanks for the snappy interview. Any shoutouts to anyone, are we going to see more of you in the future, and talk about Illest a little bit with your personal point of view in a couple sentences.

(12:18:31 AM) Ryan: I'll try to be around more often, but I'm barely around online anything right now with college. It's good to see that Illest is still alive, hopefully it's been able to get better....I'll have to look around some more before I get a definitive conclusion on it. But I enjoy seeing something that I put a lil contribution into still kicking.

(12:20:36 AM) Ryan: And a whats up to those who know me.

(12:26:54 AM) (ci): thank you

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
Dead Silence
God's Given Curse
Wins: 6
Losses: 34

Re: Typeo Interview - Illest Throwback

Post by Dead Silence »

this is some legit stuff i didnt know typeo was a active duke back than. just thought he was like most of these kids on here who are on for a month or something.
but good looks typeo
Faith
MOEstradamus
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 7
Losses: 6

Post by MOEstradamus »

good read man enjoyed it
Viral
Mentally Unstable
Mentally Unstable
Wins: 5
Losses: 1

Post by Viral »

i thought typeo died from like an OD or somethin...LOL!...hahaha...good shit tho...good to see hes doin somethin wit his life......typeo if u see this....bring back the drama!!...hahaha
Omega Bill
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 23
Losses: 17

Post by Omega Bill »

He left the site after I raped his ass after he guaranteed a win.
Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 38
Losses: 7

Post by Momeijah »

Another Bill Post Where He Talks About Running Someone Off The Site Lol.

ill Rape ur Ass With a Bicycle Pump Man And it's Gonna Get Ugly.

i Liked This interview Let Me Get in Typeo's Head a Bit.

Suck Me.

AKA SCOTCH HALL, MOE MEIJER & MOMEIJAH.

Return to “Interviews”