Why Aint My Bars Good Enough?

Two words... rap school. Learn the craft, ask questions, be interactive. Find out what makes the technical MC's so efficient at writing, and which areas you need to improve on.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

BigP
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 1
Losses: 19

Why Aint My Bars Good Enough?

Post by BigP »

why aint my bars any good? please help!
~*Blitz*~
Illest # 1 Liar
Wins: 9
Losses: 2

Post by ~*Blitz*~ »

dunno bout anyone else but i think its cool that you swallowed your pride and are asking for help, alot of people here are very talented and can teach you a bunch and help you elevate. Its not a matter of your shit being "good enough" you just talk a big game and dont have the lyrics to back it up - and thats what pisses people off....so understand thats why everyone was pissed or w/e

You need to expand your vocabulary, when your rhyming something dont structure a bar just to rhyme some words. Think about the bar, add some creativity to it and make it into something. Try and work with words that have more then one syllable, this will help put some complexity into your bars and make them a lil stronger. Theres a ton of things you can do in a battle verse that you dont necissarily wanna do in a keystyle when it comes to how you do your bars.

Theres a pretty good thread here on illest you should peep, its like tuts on how to write - I think almost everyone here has read them a time or two and they help ALOT. So dont be ashamed to go over em and learn a thing or two - I'll post some of those links for ya to make it easy

Good Luck~

text-help-101-by-solo-vt3038.html

^^^ that one you should defo read

do-s-and-don-ts-of-battling-vt2993.html
^^ another one I recommened reading

god-process-vt3037.html
general-wisdom-vt2991.html
heres-some-advice-and-a-list-vt3032.html
forced-multis-vt3040.html

^^^ just a few more you should peep when you get some spare time
SlickMex
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 5
Losses: 4

Post by SlickMex »

~*Blitz*~ wrote:dunno bout anyone else but i think its cool that you swallowed your pride and are asking for help, alot of people here are very talented and can teach you a bunch and help you elevate. Its not a matter of your shit being "good enough" you just talk a big game and dont have the lyrics to back it up - and thats what pisses people off....so understand thats why everyone was pissed or w/e

You need to expand your vocabulary, when your rhyming something dont structure a bar just to rhyme some words. Think about the bar, add some creativity to it and make it into something. Try and work with words that have more then one syllable, this will help put some complexity into your bars and make them a lil stronger. Theres a ton of things you can do in a battle verse that you dont necissarily wanna do in a keystyle when it comes to how you do your bars.

Theres a pretty good thread here on illest you should peep, its like tuts on how to write - I think almost everyone here has read them a time or two and they help ALOT. So dont be ashamed to go over em and learn a thing or two - I'll post some of those links for ya to make it easy

Good Luck~

^^^ that one you should defo read

do-s-and-don-ts-of-battling-vt2993.html
^^ another one I recommened reading

god-process-vt3037.html
general-wisdom-vt2991.html
heres-some-advice-and-a-list-vt3032.html
forced-multis-vt3040.html

^^^ just a few more you should peep when you get some spare time
Good To See She Means Business.. :D
~*Blitz*~
Illest # 1 Liar

Post by ~*Blitz*~ »

lol mex, when we doing out trash can song?
BigP
Elite Freestyler

Post by BigP »

thanks alot, but id like to spit bars and have people make them stronger so i can learn from my mistakes.
~*Blitz*~
Illest # 1 Liar

Post by ~*Blitz*~ »

well then spit something
BigP
Elite Freestyler

Post by BigP »

~*Blitz*~ wrote:well then spit something
i aint tha type to let ya disrespect me//
ill stand up for myself, yall never wreck me//
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Post by Lawgix »

BigP wrote:thanks alot, but id like to spit bars and have people make them stronger so i can learn from my mistakes.
so ur saying that you want to spit a bar... and have other people re-write it for you so u can see how u fucked it up? no thats unacceptable right there...
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?
BigP
Elite Freestyler

Post by BigP »

Lawgix wrote:
BigP wrote:thanks alot, but id like to spit bars and have people make them stronger so i can learn from my mistakes.
so ur saying that you want to spit a bar... and have other people re-write it for you so u can see how u fucked it up? no thats unacceptable right there...
how is that unacceptable?
RH1NO
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 25
Losses: 20

Post by RH1NO »

WORD.. someone doin it for ya wont help like in all things..
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Post by Lawgix »

DA GUY wrote:WORD.. someone doin it for ya wont help like in all things..
exactly...
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?
-TraMaTiK-
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 6
Losses: 17

Post by -TraMaTiK- »

'good enough' is the wrong phrase..bcuz if anybody on this site was 'good enough' they'd be signed already..nobody is perfect yet u strive 4 perfection..understandable...but read books(dont act tough as IF u dont need it,cuz u do)read words u dont kno and the context surrounding it 2 understand it,or look it up in'a dictionary..thats as far as ur vocabulary goes...but as far as rappin n bein creative..thats gotta come from the heart n soul homie...pEaCe
Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 38
Losses: 7

Post by Momeijah »

Write Creatively, Shit Thats Original And Will Either Get Ppl Going \'Oooh\' Or \'Hahaha\'.
Dont Just Write Shit Like \'u Cant Play The Game\' Or w/e The Fuck u Were Sayin in Lawgix\'s Diss.
And im Too Lazy To Type Examples Up, Just Look at My Record if u Dont Believe Me Haha.

AKA SCOTCH HALL, MOE MEIJER & MOMEIJAH.
T-Stylez
Lyrically Inclined
Wins: 2
Losses: 0

Post by T-Stylez »

Big P u still read that email every night i gave u?

^ Read that all, it looks alot, but it'll help u a bit
~*Blitz*~
Illest # 1 Liar

Post by ~*Blitz*~ »

Big P did you read the links I posted above? Those are a huge help and will stop you from asking questions like "what is a multi" etc. If you take everyones advice and read the material they are giving you I promise it'll help you out some with your writings. But dont ask people for help and not take the advice they give you and then expect others to help you as well.

Return to “Center Of Elevation”