Links for the Battle grounds

Discuss issues as far as bugs or the way our moderators and administrators handle issues. No personal attacks will be tolerated in this section.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, precise

Shoul we keep the battle ground's link rule?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 4

Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Links for the Battle grounds

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

any extra views on this would be appreciated, this will run for a week to see how many people like or dislike the returning rule for linking your votes in order to battle
IntrinsicCadence
Hong Kong Phooey
Wins: 3
Losses: 3

Re: Links for the Battle grounds

Post by IntrinsicCadence »

I'm actually not gonna vote, because I think it's a good rule, but I think it needs some enhancement. What ThatSexyDude did is an example of what might become common if the rule is too simple. That dude voted on a topical battle between AbZ and I with an un-understandable one sentence comment, I wasn't sure he even read what he was voting on, then he used that vote as his pass to participate in like three battles. Woulda been better if he just hadn't voted at all.

So my thought is that the rule should be that the vote has to be broken down into categories and explained well if it is to count towards this, and there must be a new vote for every battle one participates in. Otherwise I think this is a good rule, some of these battles are floating around for a real long time before they get enough votes to be closed.
Orfadox
Britain's Great White Hope
Wins: 7
Losses: 11
No Shows: 1

Post by Orfadox »

Yeah Its A Good Idea But Like I.C Said Its Being Used In More Than One Battle Should Have It So Its A Different Battle You Voted On Eachtime
Illest's most likely to shock you in 2011
Illest's class of 2010
Illest's text collab of 2010 Collectively Ill - Haunted Street's
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

fuck the links, when i got time im getting rid of that rule, its slowing shit down and not everyone is taking time to vote anyways, if people just fuckin voted and quit being gay then that'd be enough alone to help the battle grounds run smoothly, everyone wants to battle but cant even contribute
Omega Bill
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 23
Losses: 17

Post by Omega Bill »

The link rule really has it's ups and downs.

It did increase voting, but there were some people, some were decent battlers, that just weren't doing it, and their threads would of had to have been closed. That I don't agree with, and don't want to necessarily enforce because who wants to put the kabosh on a potentially good battle?

Then again, no one will be treated differently on this site.

Overall, I think it could work and it has kind of worked, but, having to threaten to close potentially good battlers really dampers down the activity.

I would like for it to stay, BUT, I think with the current activity, we can just ask people to follow the rule, and hope they do ( as ignorant as that sounds), been noticing some people doing it without having to be reminded or asked.

Return to “Illest Suggestions”