Lou Burna Vs. 16Micz

Two people will sign-up. You need to have at least dropped one beat in the producing area. The winner will face Drunken Jesus.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

loumusic
Novice
Wins: 0
Losses: 1

Lou Burna Vs. 16Micz

Post by loumusic »

I know I said challenger goes first but since this is my first battle I will.
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single ... 47538&q=hi
Listen to track titled "Twisted"
Ding Ding!! Come out punching!! LOL!!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=753626
16 Micz
Disciple Of Rap.
Wins: 16
Losses: 6

Post by 16 Micz »

ok heres my beat...
Attachments
Cinderalla Sample.mp3
(2.22 MiB) Downloaded 456 times
loumusic
Novice

Post by loumusic »

Let the voting begin!! Five votes to win. Good job on that beat 16micz.
Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

Post by Kurse »

The "Twisted" track was pretty dope. I can see myself lettin off a few good bars to that one. But when I heard Micz "Cinderella"...I was like, "damn!" I could definately let off a full track on that without a doubt. Both were good productions, but there's sumthin about Micz beat that I liked alot more. It was sumthin hypnotic and the vocals in the sample complimented the track very well.

Vote= 16 Micz

1-0
RH1NO
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 25
Losses: 20

Post by RH1NO »

aight

lou- beat was dope smooth as hell id have to say it was just about perfect as far as the listening goes
it was pretty simple imo not sayin i could do it lol but simple as far as technically i think but hot shit dude
fa real

micz- i hate your face lol but this shit was hot, creative as a mother fucker kid couple of uncomfortable
breaks here n there, i think, but that shit was fire i like the old school kinda twist ya put in this nice!

vote = micz great job to both this was a nice battle

Post by Guest »

Ok I see how you guys are rating this.
As far as saying it was simple that's where you are wrong and don't understand anything about making music. You guys should go back and "LISTEN" to breakdowns and transitions, panning, drops, effects, intros, hooks, etc. The sample that was used on my track was Iron Maiden by the Ides Of March.
http://www.amazon.com/Killers-Iron-Maiden/dp/B000063COZ
It was chopped up and I made it sound different so you can't even tell if you heard the original track but you can tell by the riffs which I made into a completely different melody. My drums were stacked and it's not a regular 4 bar drum loop. The drums are from an Isaac Hayes sample chopped and stacked with 808's on top with another drum that was chopped and filtered.
What he did was use one looped sample not chopped no effects no nothing with a drum loop on top. The pattern didn't change at all. A 4 bar loop on a 4 bar loop? Can't get no simple than that and you call my track simple????
loumusic
Novice

Post by loumusic »

Guest wrote:Ok I see how you guys are rating this.
As far as saying it was simple that's where you are wrong and don't understand anything about making music. You guys should go back and "LISTEN" to breakdowns and transitions, panning, drops, effects, intros, hooks, etc. The sample that was used on my track was Iron Maiden by the Ides Of March.
http://www.amazon.com/Killers-Iron-Maiden/dp/B000063COZ
It was chopped up and I made it sound different so you can't even tell if you heard the original track but you can tell by the riffs which I made into a completely different melody. My drums were stacked and it's not a regular 4 bar drum loop. The drums are from an Isaac Hayes sample chopped and stacked with 808's on top with another drum that was chopped and filtered.
What he did was use one looped sample not chopped no effects no nothing with a drum loop on top. The pattern didn't change at all. A 4 bar loop on a 4 bar loop? Can't get no simple than that and you call my track simple????
My comment. I wasn't signed in.
RH1NO
Unstoppable Emcee

Post by RH1NO »

^^ hmm nice explanation i still liked micz better though

and i DO know what i like
RH1NO
Unstoppable Emcee

Post by RH1NO »

and i think it was simple as far as listening

maybe it was technically advanced

but even for micz technically sometimes there is complexity in simplicity
loumusic
Novice

Post by loumusic »

RH1NO wrote:and i think it was simple as far as listening

maybe it was technically advanced

but even for micz technically sometimes there is complexity in simplicity
I respect your choice...

I guess this is like the rap game now. Simple beats and simple rhymes (Dip Set, Pliers, Lil Boosey, etc.) are making hits nowadays but a Jay-Z, Common, Talib, Lupe (Just Blaze, J-Dilla, Hi-Tek, etc.) goes over people heads because it's too technical or too advanced for some people to understand so like Lupe says you got to dumb it down. I believe I posted for the the King of Producing not the King of Beat making.
RH1NO
Unstoppable Emcee

Post by RH1NO »

eh i dont agree i hate boosie and all them club dance cats

gimme a lyricist any day of the week dont even need a beat ill read some dope lyrics ya know

but i think if this was on two different radio stations with no lyrics i would listen ta micz beat

because of his idea and concept which in the industry makes a producer great

and by who would want to listen to it

not for how by the book it was

your beat was good but for the concept and listening pleasure its micz fam

no hate
loumusic
Novice

Post by loumusic »

RH1NO wrote:eh i dont agree i hate boosie and all them club dance cats

gimme a lyricist any day of the week dont even need a beat ill read some dope lyrics ya know

but i think if this was on two different radio stations with no lyrics i would listen ta micz beat

because of his idea and concept which in the industry makes a producer great

and by who would want to listen to it

not for how by the book it was

your beat was good but for the concept and listening pleasure its micz fam

no hate
I understand. But if you want to take it to radio I guarantee I will win and I will bet my life on that. Why? It's beatmaker vs. producer here. What's the difference? You should know if you know music.

At a glance they may appear to be very similar but then once you get just underneath the surface you realize there is a massive difference betweem the two.

A hip hop beat maker is obviously a person who makes beats, but a producer takes the job to the next level. A producer makes it his duty to work with the artists and to make sure that they are getting more than just a beat. A hip hop beat makers job stops after he is done making his beat. Hip hop producers have the difficult job in communicating with rappers, recording rappers, and dealing with all things that come up when working with rap artists.

Technically speaking.
RH1NO
Unstoppable Emcee

Post by RH1NO »

word i feel ya on that but i only saw two beats dropped in here

maybe king of producing battle should have been a complete track

a finished track with lyrics then idk

this looks like 2 beats 2 me lol
Cee4
Rhyme Dominator
Wins: 58
Losses: 16

Post by Cee4 »

Both were dope. i aint voting here cause i dont know shit about beat making. but in my opinion Micz sounded better except for the pause where it loops. But if i had to to pick one to actually rap over id pick Lou`s. It seemed real smooth and you write a verse to it easy. With Micz i dont think it would be as easy to write too
Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

Post by Kurse »

Lou...ain't nobody trying to argue with you about the quality in your production...but you layed out something...and Micz layed out something. And what the both of you're doing, is asking the people that take the time to come and listen to both of these samples, what it is that they enjoyed listening to more. That's all.

And trust me...take it from someone who's a producer, as well as a lyricist, recording engineer and mixing artist. The world doesn't revolve around anything intricate for a beat nor a beat that's simplistic. The world taps it's foot to what it likes more. There are people out there that I'm sure would say that Micz beat sounded like ass crack and yours sounded "next to godliness". But nobody that feels that has voted here yet. You BOTH put out great productions...but just because someone might've spent more time making their beat...or added more shit than someone elses beat...DOESN'T make their beat hotter. I've made productions from scratch...from keyboards...from samples...I've done it all. When it's hot...it's hot! And when it's not...well...then it's just not.

You want an honest opinion? Neither of those productions that I heard just now from you or Micz sound "radio-worthy" in my opinion. No hate...I did say they were dope productions. But they don't sound like dope enough productions to make a hot single. More like a good album-filler. Congrats on both of you for putting out samples of your work...but the vote remains 2-0 (Micz favor)...let's get some more votes in people.

Return to “King Of Producing”