The Illest Magazine - vol. 1

Discuss what ever is on your mind, the only rule is that you leave the hip hop talk to the other forums. Want to know what others are watching on TV, this is where you'd ask.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Speakers
For The Dead
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

The Illest Magazine - vol. 1

Post by Speakers »

A Look into the Past...

A look into the Present...

Drama Central/Tre Tru vs Alvin Interviews...

A look into the Future...

The Promo

[right]Image[/right]I hope that everybody realizes that this site is not BRAND NEW by any means. There is a bit of history that comes with this site. As I look at the members on Illest today, I can't help but imagine what the site would look like if all the former members were still active and co-mingled with the present day members. Just imagine how good the Written section would be if some people from Illest's past were here today. Imagine if Complexity & Cee4 were still here and active, and still dropping those intellectual, crazy flowing pieces… would the Written section still be dominated by such artists as Monumental, Evo and Defiance? Outside of “who’s dominating”, imagine the interest in the written section as well as the finished product!!

As far as the text battlers go, now a days it seems to be “dominated” by ScottJames, JDR, Quix, Enlightend and Murk. But again, Just imagine people like, Cee4, Omega Bill, Arvinceble, Crimson, JayGunna, Ekoms. Just imagine how competitive and interesting the battles and tourney’s would be. I don't mean to make it sound like Illest hasn't got great writers or battlers... simply, I think we could always stand to gain a few more dope heads in each category, past, present and future.

When I joined, let me tell you... the site was a lot different back then. There were beefs almost daily as well as some pretty harsh words spoken between certain people in the Shoutbox. The Text battlers section was fully active with random tournaments every couple months or so. There was even a Battle League! Let’s just say times have changed...and minus the Old School Vets not being here...I think it’s NOW changing for the better.

[right]Image[/right]So let me get right into the Present Day!!! Seeing as your reading this, you are in fact a Present member of the site. These days, it appears to be picking up once again. Some old heads have left and come back for various reasons; JDR, QUIX, ARVINCIBLE just to name a few. Also, I have noticed a few new and very active members who are slowly helping build the overall activity and skill level of this site. Some of those people are Enlightened, Future, CBK. For the most part Illest seems to be maintaining a good name throughout the net (just look at all those Goldmic members that heard about us and came over to check it out).

A two round recap of another IllestLyrics classic in the making. This end of year bash has been highly anticipated ever since sign ups went down a couple of weeks ago and looks to finish strong with some well fought battles. We've had the occasional no shows, upsets, and very skilled battles so far. So let's take an in depth look at how things are progressing, shall we?
Round One:
  • -Was a short round that consisted of two matches that gave us disappointment and extremely skilled match. Comeback Kid was given the freebie after Plague pulled the ultimate bitch move by no showing. Unless your mother died, then shame on you pussy.
    -JDR outpunched Future in an evenly skilled match that went back and forth with witty punchlines and talented multies. Because of the No-Show rule enforced by Alvin, Future was given a second chance to redeem himself in the other side of the bracket against another opponent.
Round Two:
  • -Saw a couple of upsets, a couple of no shows, and some quality matches as the field began to shrink to crown a champion.
    -Leeroy Jenkins handled JDR a surprising loss. With a personal based verse aimed at Leeroy, it wasn't enough as Jenks balanced out his attack, spreading out an assault of punches and personals to move on.
    -Haz embarrassed Komatose with a witty attack that resulted in a KO, leaving Komo M.I.A. and some second guessing if he'll click on Illest again to redeem himself. Impressive multies but where's the punches? Sounds like you got some proving to do Komo.
    -Kau KO'D CBK to set up a a strong 2nd round match up with a good blend of personals and punches.
    -Enlightend handled SkyLink with some clever wordplay. The battled ended in a TKO but SkyLink is defiantly someone to watch for, as he demonstrated he can equally trade jabs with the best of them with a smooth verse.
    -Future cashed in on redeeming himself as he beat Thedevias1 with the always entertaining punchlines, setting up a 3rd round match up with Kau.
    -Quix, Omnie, and Kuhlerblynd all take the no show pass into the next round.

America, maybe even the worlds favorite dish, it keeps people watching reality T.V. shows it has built up and ended hip hop, sports and TV careers...... BEEF, its whats for dinner or at least whats being served around Illest quite a bit lately, and this is where you get the inside scoop, background and the opinions from all points of view...

So this week starts with a couple of the most Influential? Talented? Dedicated? and Active? people on the site today or at least that's what this beef is about. TreTru the sites self proclaimed highest regarded audio artist, and the man with the belt the Illest lyrics 'Undisputed'? champion with the mic, or is he just the "paper champ" just a guy filling the position because the best MC's on Illest haven't tried to take it from him yet? Well that's what Alvin thinks, the admin with a rep for giving his honest opinion regardless of who you are or how u may feel. The tough talk, insults and dirt may have been pushed back and forth between these two for months, but it seems the animosity is deeper then that.... well these two have been given the chance to let it all out and its all here for your reading pleasure...

ALVIN...

Hey Alvin how are you today?
I'm well, currently getting paid to sit here and answer questions lmfao, the military rocks.

ok now lets get into it...
What was ur first Opinion of Tre Tru?

"FIRST" opinion? Meh, not my type of music (lol) but it's ok. Never really paid him any mind till recently really.

Do you think ur the more talented artist?
"Talented"... at this point in time, I'd give him a run for his money, if he has any, in production, rapping, and if he plays any instruments. By the time I'm his age and if this becomes more than a hobby for me, SHIIIIT, I hope that’s not even a question cuz to pinnacle at tre’s point would fucking suck, terribly.

How did this thing really get started?
Honestly, lol. Loon and him battled, Tre lost, and Yezzir didn't want to give him a L. I said, it's crap, any other battle the Loser gets an L if they lose, simple. Tre wasn't fond of me bringing that up in his post cuz "it made him look bad to all his fans", you dont believe me... here's the link. Then, I think it was Kevin O’ Shea aKa 3rd string QB that informed him I was talking crap lol. Stirring up beef, you know, what the shoutbox is good for. Dude wrote me a long ass call out how he's the big bad wolf and he hates me saying his name, saying “blah blah blah, I want your attention, you said you don’t like my new purse!”. I responded, FINE FOOL, I didn’t say what Kevin said, BUUUT, since you are asking, I don’t like your ass. HAHA, he’s egotistical, and angry, he’s trying to make me sad cuz im not a netcee like him, which by the way, holding value in the term “netcee”, shows how full of himself that fag really is… like YO, IM THE CHIEF JANITOR BITCH, I GOT TWO EXTRA KEYS, BOW NOW!!!! And im like... YO, CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT, YOUR A LOSER, THATS THE TRU'th... lol, yeah...

And now the other side of the coin...

TRETRU...

hey tre how are things?
I'm good thanx random person with 3 posts haha..cant complain just doin my thing. weve been editing video of a bunch of Hip Hop & Roots artists from a recent show we did this weekend so kinda busy ..plus im actually in a tourney on another site..building tracks for my Solo Mixxtape ...other than that im chillin

Now did you sense any(or was there any) animosity between yourself and Alvin before the recent squabble?
haha..well not on my part...he seemed cool enough...activity for audio heads started goin up when we started doin a Tourney for the Audio Belt, nowadays im actually not inclined to doin these types of interviews here tho, cuz the last one to do one of these for me @ illest was Alvin..haha fukin guy changed some of the wording and shit and put some Gay shit in there just to be a lil more of a bitch..it's like wtf? but i let that one slide cuz thats the way the dude is.but i aint linkin that shit on FB..haha...the guy probably gets bullied in real life so he comes here to call shots ..

Whats your opinion on how this all came about?
well TOYH was settin up a Topical Audio Tourney and asked me to be a part of it in the ShoutBox.. im not a topical guy but he said the Belt wouldnt be on the line so i agreed.i lost the first round During this current ongoing audio Topical Tourney, wich the Fag Alvin entered under an Alias(what a Chode) then TOYH decided to just allow me to advance to the Next Round and not have to take a loss, after Loon beat me 5-4.(wierd i know i had nothin to do with that.)dude posted it in my battle thread, then Alvin starts ranting in my battle thread talkin shit..so i asked him to delete it cuz thats not what a battle thread is for.. dudes were havin a drama session in there.why would i link my peers to that...haha ..idk why TOYH decided to do that tho..i never asked for it!! lmfao.. thats why i decided to bow out of the Tourney too even after they were gonna give me a bye..but i dont think that was enough for him. he seemed obsessed with the fact that i didnt get a loss on my record for it..i really dont care tho like i said.

Do you think Alvin oversteps as an admin?
Haha thats an Understatement imo...but i think its cuz my idea of an Admin of a page would be
different. ya know someone who's helpful. who encourages growth not just activity ..cuz
idk if everyone knows it but views and activity are what will be able to allow complexity to sell ad space thus keeping illest going..

So if i told u Alvin is the better rapper, how would u respond?
LMFAO..haha he wouldnt say that.i have an Open Callout that he's been ducking for months now...Alvin can rhyme words..but imo he should do slam
poetry or something cuz he does not seem to be able to fit his rhymes to a beat well.
i mean thats why they call it Flo..his does not do so..rythm is something you cant teach tho so its kinda sad..real recognize real and he is not a rapper, i rock live shows face to face with real people and this dude rocks a webcam in his room?.. seriously!!

and last but not least...

is there something u would like to say to Alvin since he will without a doubt be reading this?
Yeah!! Get off my Dick !!..

Well there you have it a serious Beef if i do say so myself , and it looks like there isn't a end coming to it in the near future...

[right]Image[/right]This is where EVERYBODY potentially has a say to what goes on and how it eventually happens. I am attempting to motivate the masses to start brain storming new and effective ways to promote this site as well as overall activity through the members. This will only happen if those current members choose to voice their opinions on different matters as they arise.

The idea is, to continue to build Illest Lyrics and to attract a wider base of emcee's writer, battlers and audio heads. With that said, A few ideas that have been thrown around for upcoming events, etc. I will be attempting to hold tournaments more often as well as a wider variety of them. I would like to eventually see Audio battle tourney’s, audio topical tourney’s, Text topical tourney’s and hopefully GFX Tourneys, and even hopefully crew tourney’s once this site is populated enough with crews. These will all be in addition to the standard Text battle tourneys we have been having. Also, as you already know, I am bringing back the Illest Magazine! This in the past has sparked lots of interest, beefs, as well as general knowledge of the member being interviewed as well as another perspective on current issues.

So What's Next?
Besides the Introductory Magazine Issue, IllestLyrics will continue to bring you the freshest and most entertaining ideas, like an interview with... Squalid... Maybe even COMPLEXITY!! Until next time, Illest will hold a sign up session for those interested in participating in a Punchline Battle League!!! Also, keep a close eye on the battle grounds. Changes are coming soon.

In It To Spit It Mixtape by Loon E lou

So Much To Lose by Loon E Lou

Da Essence by HKX (Hard Kore X)

[right]Image[/right]
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
Losses: 3
No Shows: 1

Re: The Illest Magazine - vol. 1

Post by Alvin »

Yo, this is some good shit, lmfao at the interview. Wasnt too sure where you were going to take it.
Speakers wrote:Do you think Alvin oversteps as an admin?
TreTru wrote:Haha thats an Understatement imo...
LMFAO, that's not an understatement... this is > TreTru Sucks at life... lol.
Alvin
Sudonim Free

Post by Alvin »

Some good ass tournament coverage! What up with a new tournament though? Punchline... hmm
Leeroy Jenkins
Rhyme Master
Wins: 5
Losses: 2
No Shows: 2

Post by Leeroy Jenkins »

What these dudes REALLY need to do is be interviewing the most glamorous man on the board, Leeroy Jenkins. People don't care about that girl drama, they care about Jenk. Got these hoes screaming for some more Jenk, give em some Jenk.
Last edited by Leeroy Jenkins on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
My psychologist tells me that I suffer from serious delusions of sexual grandeur. I think she just wants to fuck me

Quix
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 89
Losses: 29

Post by Quix »

Wow, Very Well Done!! Reminds me of the old days!!

Good interviews and tourny recap. Hope this isn't the only Mag. lol Part 1 of 1. that would suck

Keep this up!!

i want an interview tooo :? 8-)
Real Recognize Real ... who dah Fuck is you???

Awards:
2009 Text diss of the year
2009 Most Hated
2011 Battler Of the Year
Alvin
Sudonim Free

Post by Alvin »

i regret to inform you, if you're not my groupie, you dont have coverage. Proof is in the pudding, i have a 100% success rate so far lol
Alvin
Sudonim Free

Post by Alvin »

As far as the text battlers go, now a days it seems to be “dominated” by ScottJames, JDR, Quix, Enlightend and Murk
WHAT ABOUT CBK... dudes getting his facts wrong.
Quix
Unstoppable Emcee

Post by Quix »

:D

Awards:
2009 Most Hated
2011 Battler Of the Year
JDR
Da Punchline King
Wins: 48
No Shows: 3

Post by JDR »

haha nice mag. Dope interviews. Tre Tru vs Alvin. Dope.
Battle Record
40-2
2010 Awards
Illest Battler || Illest Punchline Artist || Battle of the Year -vs- Cee4
JDR
Da Punchline King
Wins: 48
No Shows: 3

Post by JDR »

Punchline League! That's what im talkin bout. I'm excited bout this.
Battle Record
40-2
2010 Awards
Illest Battler || Illest Punchline Artist || Battle of the Year -vs- Cee4
Quix
Unstoppable Emcee

Post by Quix »

Agreed ^^ That would be dope!!

Awards:
2009 Most Hated
2011 Battler Of the Year
Alvin
Sudonim Free

Post by Alvin »

You guys are some fags, just cuz he says something doesnt mean he's going to do it...

Also... hate to rain on your parade... but you both would lose anyhow
Quix
Unstoppable Emcee

Post by Quix »

yeah your prolly right ^ :evil:

Awards:
2009 Most Hated
2011 Battler Of the Year
Defiance
Rap King
Wins: 10
Losses: 13

Post by Defiance »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wheres my mention sucka

Sound click page
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=918703

One of Illestlyrics Best Collaborators 2011
TreTru
Rap Professional
Wins: 9
Losses: 5

Post by TreTru »

Very Nice interview i liked how it was done...
Im very much Enjoying your interview style...very informative from beginning to end laced with actual facts and quotes..nothing made up or fake, thats an interview...

and whenever you wanna show these guys your better than me like you say you are ...that Audio battle Callout remains open for you @Alvin....Thats Da Tru'th ..Aloha

Return to “The Lounge”