Do You Believe in Soulmates

Discuss what ever is on your mind, the only rule is that you leave the hip hop talk to the other forums. Want to know what others are watching on TV, this is where you'd ask.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Do You Believe in Soulmates

Post by complexity »

Explain.

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
Kause mc
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 5
Losses: 2

Re: Do You Believe in Soulmates

Post by Kause mc »

Okay.. Good topic for one

Well i guess to me, a "soulmate" is a load..
If you meet someone and get along 99% of the time, people automatically think soulmates. But how many other people in the world would get along just as good with you? If you wanna really get into it, i guess u could say theres somebody, somewhere in the world that u will get along with more than anyone else. U could call them a soulmate but i also think it depends on each individuals definition of "soulmates"

Meh... Lookin forward to more posts. I cant explain this very well lol. Cool topic tho

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
bringin' heat but not the same shit your cats on
LadySam
Lady Warlord
Wins: 6
Losses: 3

Post by LadySam »

Its funny that I saw this just now. Because I just read an article in a newspaper that had some psychic lady saying she believes everybody has approximately 100,000 soul mates all over the world, and that you start the eliminate them once you find a 'soulmate' that is married or involved. It was pretty silly.

But sure, why not. Makes it a little more interesting I guess...
The Gonz
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 1
Losses: 2000

Post by The Gonz »

Nope. Its just another gimmick produced by a superstitious society. Bunch of bullshit, honestly. I don't even really believe in "love" other than family. It's all chemical. Pheromones and hormones and shit. Certain natural "scents" appeal to your sensory receptors more than others. Besides, I think my being atheist has a lot to do with my opinion. Just like I don't believe in God, Heaven, Hell, ghosts, etc, I don't believe that there is just ONE person out there for everyone. There are just way too many variables. The evolution of our species has also altered what is considered desirable in a mate as well. Not long ago, obese women were highly sought after. Now its all about being thin and healthy. Women haven't altered their desires all that much through evolution though. They still seek a strong, confident man who is able to provide for the family and protect them. But just as I've seen felt myself, a lot of people confuse the barrage of chemical reactions in their brain with love, later to find out 3 months later that it was just lust and the overall "new-ness" of it all. Then they get bored and as Jay-Z said, on to the next one. Men are programmed genetically to reproduce and provide. The whole concept of monogamy is relatively new and we're one of the very few species on Earth that actually attempt to have one life-long mate. But again, I think the religious superstition that plagues the masses is mostly responsible for this blind theory. Fact is, men want a woman who is like them even though its extremely rare, therefore most end up with their complete opposites, which usually leads to disaster later on lol. That's my personal opinion though. I don't think commitment is so much based on love, but more on trust and friendship. Sexual attraction starts it all but its whether or not you can actually tolerate the woman for an extended period of time. Just remember, you never really truly know a person until you live with them and see em everyday. So in conclusion, NO, I do not believe in soulmates. I believe in lust at first sight and friendship with sexual components lol. Again... its all chemical.

Return to “The Lounge”