"Addicted 2 U"

Release your best recorded material and let the world hear your talent. It doesn't matter what level you are on - you will get constructive feedback to increase your skills.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Forum rules
Embed your soundclick video players with [soundclick]Song Id[/soundclick]. You can also just put [soundclick]Embed Code[/soundclick].

Please go back and fix as many of your old songs as you want.
Rec
Potential Emcee
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

"Addicted 2 U"

Post by Rec »

listen at: www.thisisrec.us

feedback is appreciated

{click here doesnt work on this site}
http://www.thisisrec.us
Sentus
Rhyme Master

Re: "Addicted 2 U"

Post by Sentus »

I can tell you're into making the mainstream music. That's fine, nice song. You need to put something else in it to distinguish yourself though. You sound just like everyone else
Rec
Potential Emcee

Post by Rec »

to tell you the truth i hate the music i do... but its what everyone wants to hear

Deciple
Elite Freestyler

Post by Deciple »

Dont do music for every1 else.. do music cuz its a passion of yours and you love to do it
Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Psalms 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27

Post by Kurse »

I'll agree. The material you're dropping is more of a commercial style. And I will agree...this is the type of shit that's hot right now. But at the same time...keep your dignity. Don't sell yourself out for a contract...the farther you stray from who you really are...the quicker you'll lose touch with reality and the things that are really important. When you do music...it's shouldn't feel like a job...it should provide you with a feeling of happiness or sometype of inner peace of mind.

There are ways to ride the thin line while being an artist. You can make hot music and at the same remain true to who you are. but to find this nitch takes practice. Anyways,
...back to the track at hand. I enjoyed the instrumental, I also appreciate the attempt of making it sound more mainstream, and less "underground'ish" like alot of other illestlyric artists seem to do. Only thing I'll say, is you need to work on your execution of song. You sound stiff on the mic, almost like you're reading the lyrics instead of reciting them like it should sound. You need to sound confident everytime you let loose in the booth. It might take a while to find that "comfort zone" ...but once you do, you're songs'll improve by 200%

My overall score for this track 6.5 out of 10
FlipSide
Flow Creation
Flow Creation

Post by FlipSide »

personally i would never make music if it wasnt what i wanted to make ... but you doing your thing on most the tracks i heard from you...its a refreshing thing...or wouldve been... if u wouldve said.. HEY FUCK U.. i made this cuz its what i do.. not ohhh i dont like what i make... the mix was aiight..the hook was good.. is that you?.. or did it come with the beat.. ehhh who cares dude... but i would like to hear a song thats by you..for you.. u dig .. some thing true to who you are..... for real
BANG BANG!!!! I Shot U Down
̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪•)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ -
Rec
Potential Emcee

Post by Rec »

i still make my kind of music for personal listens, i just dnt release it

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

MesaR
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 26
Losses: 35

Post by MesaR »

If you dont like the music you are doing , you prob shouldn't be adding to that sort of mainstream t-pain music , it's an alright song i've heard your other tracks and i'm liking them better, not bad
..Fuck that gay shit you say on a beat..
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Post by Lawgix »

EXACTLY WHAT KURSE SAID!!!!! NEVER SELL YOURSELF OUT FOR A CONTRACT!!!! Record labels want whats hot right now. And honestly its this Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers, Big Time Rush bullshit... does it make them happy to do this type of music??? probably not... look at Hanson... when they hit in the 90's they were doin that Mm'Bop shit cuz thats what was in at the time for that era... NOW they've grown up n are doing more Adult Contemporary music... but yes i WHOLE HEARTEDLY agree with Kurse... music should come from the soul by putting your past and what u've dealt with into words that other people will vibe too and feel... just ask yourself.... "What Will Impact Listeners The Most??" is it this... "oh your my girl and i love you and i wanna take you to the beach and buy you a Lamborghini and expensive clothes and a necklace and treat you nice"... or "hey this is my life and maybe in some way you can possibly relate to what i'm saying or talking about and THAT will get you more interested in what type of music i'm doing" its all about what YOUR comfortable with and what the LISTENER wants to hear... market yourself but don't sell yourself out... and man your young so you have MORE than enough time to find your sound and to mature a lil bit bro... both with your maturity and your mic skills...

now onto the song....

hooks okay REALLY commercial... lyrics are okay also very commercial... mixing and masterings not bad... not a lot of emotion on ur verses... but over all i'll give this song an 8/10... but its WAY too Kids Bop for me... over all good track tho...
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?
FlipSide
Flow Creation
Flow Creation

Post by FlipSide »

"... or "hey this is my life and maybe in some way you can possibly relate to what i'm saying or talking about and THAT will get you more interested in what type of music i'm doing" its all about what YOUR comfortable with and what the LISTENER wants to hear... market yourself but don't sell yourself out... and man your young so you have MORE than enough time to find your sound and to mature a lil bit bro... both with your maturity and your mic skills...

now onto the song....

hooks okay REALLY commercial... lyrics are okay also very commercial... mixing and masterings not bad... not a lot of emotion on ur verses... but over all i'll give this song an 8/10... but its WAY too Kids Bop for me... over all good track tho...
BANG BANG!!!! I Shot U Down
̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪•)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ -

Return to “The Booth”