logo

We use to take it to the streets with graffiti, now we take it online with graphic designing, photography, scanning, so show us what you got... Anything visual arts!

Moderator: Loon E Lou

EvilJoey
Novice
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

logo

Post by EvilJoey »

Sup

ok this is a logo for a church a friend of mine runs

all i was given was the picture of the head...
and they kinda picked the Colors.. id have done something a lil different.. but then im color blind so who knows.
Attachments
kngim.jpg
- Mutual -
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 5
Losses: 11

Post by - Mutual - »

man thats pretty good
had a nice logo feel to it
and it's unique n shit so
yeah this is pretty dope
keep'em comin
The Eagerness Is Putrid My Fluids Acid Leaves You Vexed Like Black Holes
Your Inept To Correct Stretched Like Fat Folds Perplexed Like Castro
I'm So Tenacious With Rhymes Sensatious So Patient With Lines
While You Fill Your Writtens With Filler And So Stay Vacant In Mind
I'm Amiable But Too Your Haters I Appease Your Arcane Admissions
Dark Games No Vision Your Avarice Lead To Scarred Shamed Partitions
So Callous In His Candor You Have To Coerce For Neglect
For Worse Or For Best I'm Confidant With A Verse Of Respect

!!ILLEST MINDS!!
8th
Rap Professional
Losses: 1

Post by 8th »

Let me just clarify that this is meant as constructive criticism.

This one is similar to your other one, in that it's executed pretty well, but doesn't really fit the company. It looks more like a military shield than anything. It makes me think army, military, etc. Not church for sure. I know you said they gave you the head, and by that i'm assuming the head of the eagle. If thats the case, then you have to work with what you have, but you can present it a bit differently.

Also, a big, big thing with logos, like I mentioned in the other thread, is scalability. They have retain the look and feel whether they are 800feet wide, or a quart of an inch wide. The text is pretty small on this logo, so that if you make it much smaller, you won't be able to read it. Also, the gradients probably won't reproduce that great at a smaller size.

Again, I'm trying to be helpful and give you tips. The big things in logo design are readability and scalability. They also have to look good in color or black and white. (because, alot of times companies will get there logos printed in newspaper, or other mediums that can't use color.)

So jeah, stay up, and keep dropping. Graphic Design is a great job, and you'll only learn to love it more!
EvilJoey
Novice
Losses: 0

oh no its cool

Post by EvilJoey »

i get that man.. i don't think ur just being negative for no reason.

Yea this one wasnt my first choice for a Church logo...
but all the things this guy wanted were like crests... swords... and the Bird

but yea.. Playing with photo shop is the only reason i know how to do anything with it. Dosnt take long before it becomes addictive... id say as addictive as writing rhymes.

i know what u mean about size too....
this guy loved this logo too by the way... we put it on his 3 fold pamplet his Card and a Header of his web page.

I think the hardest part about doing something for some one else... is trying to balance Fucntion.... personal taste and there requests lol.

thx for feed

Return to “Illest Visual Arts”