The tournament will begin soon.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

lol i dont think that would change anything, he would've had to face u or someone better in the tournament reguardless, the underdogs know they might be up against someone they cant handle, although i wouldn't say he's an underdog.. he usually likes being on top of them
precise
Elevated
Wins: 20
Losses: 7

Post by precise »

for fuck sakes, i missed first round, ive lost my internet, im just checkin my email at the library now

facin me? its mission impossible, like pickin up lesbian broads
fuck all these thespian frauds, they "bug me" like espionage
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three

lol u'll just have to show up next tournament man, should be right after this one's done i think
MagicMark
Rap Assassin
Wins: 13

Post by MagicMark »

this is ass...

no joke..

there was no categories given for the topicals.. so how was anyone meant to know what to focus on..

i went the way a topical should be done and created a story and i put a twist on the topic and i still get raped..

smh..
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three

u didn't get raped its just that the topic was more money more problems, and instead it seemed like u were going against it, then finally at the end the problem came around, but it was kinda random..there was no lead up to it, it felt more like a final bar thrown at the last second to me, and the intro could've been cut down to a bar..grew up poor had nothing ect.ect. but the topic isn't about wat u didn't have, mentioning it helps draw it out better but i felt like u kinda drifted for a second which harmed the topic a bit,

as far as categories.. its not really necessary if u know the categories for a topic, intro and outro r important pieces of any story, the main object is to stick to the topic as well as possible, and if both stick to it well enough then we go onto lookin at how original it was, then it breaks down to the flow and complex rhymescheme, wordchoice and so on,

quoted from Drunken Jesus:

"just to add one more thing, we're going to be looking for direct disses, i don't wanna see generic battle verses that could be used against anybody you're going to have to diss your opponent directly, whether it be nameplay, personals, etc. do whatever you like we just wanna see you actually diss your opponent and not just string some random punchlines together

and the same is true with the topical battles, we wanna see you stay on topic we don't wanna see irrelevant lines about how ill your are etc."

basically.. just stay on topic 100% if u can, i can understand the story u wrote but in comparison i felt that rell delivered his better, there was a topical tourny here before, i still think its unfinished with a battle between me and ghost, but check out the written topics i dropped for a better example of how to draw things out for story telling(sleepwalking and daydreaming) (city rep sucked so don't bother with that quick drop)

n e ways.. it is wat it is, 4 move on..
MagicMark
Rap Assassin
Wins: 13

Post by MagicMark »

yo.. EXACTLY what im talking about fam.. your proving my point.. no one said in topics to stay on it 100% or your gonna lose... DJ was talking about battles.... battles... theres a big difference between what he's talking about and then relating it to topicals..

to me.. a topical title, is just a title.. allowing room for expression and interpretation.. i cold have chose any of the topics and stayed on it 100%, but to me that would have been boring.. here i took a topic.. and mixed it up.. by seemingly givin' the dude the good life, and then taking it away.. i wanted a dramtic / quick ending.. and the 16 lines. didn't give much room for movement anyways..

also, as far as story telling, rell barely had a story.. theres a difference between writing ABOUT a story.. and actually HAVING a story... mine had a start, middle and end.. a twist.. and was a mix up of the topic.. all good points imo.. whether you felt rell's was better on a technical basis is fair enough.. but i feel mine has been disfairly judged because i "didn't stay on topic"...

and im tryin to come at this from a concstructive angle.. read back on this and dont just put it down as a sore loser cryin' on.. and i think it'll be hard for you to not see my point..

ah..
complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Post by complexity »

Nope, there won't be a tournament after this one. At least one that I'm participating in, that makes four bitches so far with 4 battles left to go.

I have better things to do in life than listen to people who complain about being wronged by the judges, wronged by the system, wronged by EVERYTHING.

Someone else can set up the next round battles, I'm fucking done with this.

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three

gay...im too lazy to do that but i guess i'll set it up later,

no one said u "didn't stay on topic" so i dont know where ur pulling that from.., and dj said we wanna see u stay on topic... not irrelevant shit, urs may have been relevant to a certain point but overall rell stuck to it more, its not about who can tell a better story its about who can stick to a topic when telling the story, i dont see anything unfair about that, its a TOPICAL battle not story telling time,

ur saying it wasn't judged fairly cuz y? cuz u had a twist? or cuz u didn't have enough bars to get ur story across better? the point is to be able to do ur best with wat's given, as in the topics were given.. u picked one that u probably wouldn't normally write about apparently..and 8 bars was the limit, 8 bars is more than enough to get a topic down, all i see here is u whining saying we judged unfairly because ur opinion is different, i know ur cocky and i know u probably think ur the best on here, cuz u practically scream it every day(or u mine as well lol) but u just were slightly outdown in a topical battle

Return to “Superstar Tournament”