Phobias

Release your best recorded material and let the world hear your talent. It doesn't matter what level you are on - you will get constructive feedback to increase your skills.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Forum rules
Embed your soundclick video players with [soundclick]Song Id[/soundclick]. You can also just put [soundclick]Embed Code[/soundclick].

Please go back and fix as many of your old songs as you want.
Defiance
Rap King
Wins: 10
Losses: 13

Phobias

Post by Defiance »

[soundclick]<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/ModernDefiance'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=11103327&scid=11103327&q=hi&ext=1" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>[/soundclick]

My major phobias being a failure... and family sorrows.. and depression
a song i made for an audio topical that the other guy quit on
Last edited by Defiance on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sound click page
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=918703

One of Illestlyrics Best Collaborators 2011
Quix
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 89
Losses: 29
No Shows: 1

Re: Phobias

Post by Quix »

i'll peep this when i get home mah dude!!

Bump
Real Recognize Real ... who dah Fuck is you???

Awards:
2009 Text diss of the year
2009 Most Hated
2011 Battler Of the Year
Mic S
Rhyme Master
Losses: 8

Post by Mic S »

I feel like u nailed it wit lyrics

but i really wish you put heart and emotion behind this type of track... If your gonna spill your heart out like this you really gotta put the emotion behind it so people can relate to what your saying a lot more

i feel like ya voice seemed forced.. but yea emotion woulda polished this off

with that being said ..

its a decent track. btw beat is dope.. if u dont mind would u send it my way :whistle:
FlipSide
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Post by FlipSide »

Dope beat...gritty flow...ur voice different too... I agree with the emotion..keep that in mind when you redo it.....like the hook too

[ Post made via Android ] Image
BANG BANG!!!! I Shot U Down
̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪•)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ -
Defiance
Rap King

Post by Defiance »

thanks flip an Mic s still upping

Sound click page

Kuhlerblynd
But I See Right Thru You
Wins: 43
Losses: 8
No Shows: 2

Post by Kuhlerblynd »

I like the beat. I feel like you flow really well with this. Some of your background vocals are slightly off from your foreground vocals. I wasnt feeling the chorus. Honestly, its not anything you did, Im just not liking the way its delivered. I really like your lyrics in this. The second verse seems to get a bit quiet in some spots, and your flow seems to get choppy somewhere in the middle, toard the end of that verse. Overall, I enjoyed this. The lyrics were on point, and I could relate to alot of what you were bringing to the table in this joint. Keep it going man! Ready to hear some more from you!
--~Murk McNasty~--
Battle WRECKord 42-8
Loon E Lou
Fuck You, Pay Me
Wins: 11
Losses: 6

Post by Loon E Lou »

okkkkkkk. i like the pace you kept on this. makes you sound a WHOLE lot more confident with your lyrics. the emotion is just right for sumtn like this. nothing too crazy. the hook had some potential, with better mixing on it. you could of made it sound alot better. mixing wise. yea man im really diggin your delivery on this. the flow almost seems flawless. a couple little times where you could of delivered it different for a better listen.

the mixing was ok. your verses were mixed nice. your getting better at it for sure. your seconds and adlibs were maybe a notch too high. lower it just a bit to get that nice mesh sound between all your takes. that way your main isnt overpowered by your other tracks.
CBK
Rap Assassin
Wins: 9
Losses: 18

Post by CBK »

i'll be honest this aint my style of rap but i dig it

flow was dope over a track that i dont really appreciate
an if it weren't for such good delivery an flow i would have turned this off . no offence.

the topic was a dope one an you adhered to it throughout
with relevant lyrics and an emotional style of delivery
i dont do audio myself an have no real knowledge of beat making an producing but i feel with a better track selection this would have been epic.

(although i did like the ....fear itself intro) that was an appropriate quote/statement to add relevancy to a phobia track overall dope post man

keep em coming, respect.
Sir Kevin O Shea
Rhyme Master
Wins: 8

Post by Sir Kevin O Shea »

The lyrics are the strong point of the song. The song itself didn't hit like it should have. It really didn't have enough emotion.
[center]Image[/center]

The Elitists:
"We don't diss anymore, we only write songs for charities and Christmas carrols" - Sir 3rd String QB

3rd String QB

Calico

Enlightend

Shazo
Defiance
Rap King

Post by Defiance »

feel ya.. i plan to redue it.. couldn't catch my breath the whole time.. so ima redue it with more emphasis on my vocals.. and a better mix

good looking tho.. I'm take everything into account

Sound click page

blindeyeent
Potential Emcee

Post by blindeyeent »

you seem like you are VERY angry and the adlibs with the high voice is a tiny weird.. lyrics are great kinda wish you put the right emotion in it instead of sounding like you were extra pissed

keep up the work bro
TreTru
Rap Professional
Wins: 9
Losses: 5

Post by TreTru »

Aighth Lemme get @ this...

Intro is Nice...

okay?...haha..wow way to step it up bro...this is soundin way better qual/mixxing then the last i heard from ya...

Im feelin this Beat..once you start the verse the scheme and Chords U'r using bring a lil more life to da beat...

i actually like what ya tryin to do with that harmony track its almost thurr.. i thnk now that i keep listenin i think it sounds like ya harmonys too loud a bit maybe clippin out before da mixx..maybe?

Hook needs some help tho bruh imo..srry you should fixx it tho cuz this song right here is a Good One
Cyan
Dedicated Emcee

Post by Cyan »

Right out the gate I'm reminded of Twizted. and I like their delivery ... you've even got a type of beat that they'd gravitate towards ... and the ICP'ish intro.

This hook is pretty bizarre man ... a little jarring and hard to follow ... I don't think that high pitched cartoon thing fits on this beat.

One thing you've got figured out is timing. I mean your like a snare drum pop pop pop right on beat but you're kinda being a slave to it. Every once in awhile it's OK to go a little long or short ... or fall off for a moment as long as you get back on. So ... you're mechanics are there but it's coming off a bit mechanical .. if you know what I'm saying.
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

flow was on point but the vocals just wasn't feelin it, beat was koo, i disliked the female dubs a lot, i almost never enjoy when a male and female dub on a track unless its in sync
lyrical1
Lyrically Inclined

Post by lyrical1 »

unique approach vocally, like the lyrics though, keep em comin

Return to “The Booth”