3rd String QB vs Arvincible (Semi-Finals)

2011 Illest Topical Tournament for the belt!

Moderators: Loon E Lou, Kuhlerblynd

Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

3rd String QB vs Arvincible (Semi-Finals)

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

Rules
9 Bars/18 lines (MAX)
Due 72 hours(3 days) from time of this thread
First to 5 votes (3-0=ko/4-1=tko). Each day late is 1 against you
Voting must use categories with brief explanations.

Categories
-Storytelling
-Flow
-Creativity
-Rhyme scheme
-Metaphors & Similes
-Consistency
-Impact

THIS ROUND YOU WILL CHOOSE YOUR OWN CATEGORY, MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE A TITLE TO YOUR PIECE

Good luck and may the best story win
Arvincible
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 67
Losses: 18

Re: 3rd String QB vs Arvincible (Semi-Finals)

Post by Arvincible »

how many lines?

nvm didnt see the yellow damn font.. check
Sir Kevin O Shea
Rhyme Master
Wins: 8

Post by Sir Kevin O Shea »

The Family Reunion:

I'm a therapist with nineteen years of experience in deciphering minds
is what I told a beautiful new patient laid out on my chair reclined
she's suicidal due to being concieved by a rape at a party twenty years ago
the daughter of parents who went from good friends to fearing foes
her daddy smashed her mother then dashed quickly and ran for cover
I felt guilt inside of me because I did the same thing to another
she told me my alma mater was the school they attended when they met
even though her dad caused pain and left not meeting him was a regret
this case brings back memories of my past mistake of forcing the issue
I zoned back in to my patient crying so I stood up to hand her a tissue
she pulled my face close to her and whispered in my ear "I missed you"
a puzzled feeling took over while she left my office out of the blue
after going home I watched the news while thinking about my worst case
suddenly im startled by the report of my patient being found at my work place
two weeks later I went to her grave site and there stood her mother
as she turned around I was shocked to find out that we know each other
it was my friend I took advantage of, her words will haunt me forever
she stared at the stone and said "at least she got to see her parents together"

I had to edit for grammar.
Last edited by Sir Kevin O Shea on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
[center]Image[/center]

The Elitists:
"We don't diss anymore, we only write songs for charities and Christmas carrols" - Sir 3rd String QB

3rd String QB

Calico

Enlightend

Shazo
Arvincible
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 67
Losses: 18

Post by Arvincible »

I know its late.. but i just got back in town ill take the loss if you want me to, but for the sake of not no-showing and making sure this tournament title is earned.. heres the verse.

THE GOOD GUYS

Heishi:

Soaring a thousand feet up, my heart races in the bounded freedom that-im-in
This jet is my diamond, apart of me as we climb high into the limitless sky's-end
My people call us "divine-winds" ..inclined and admired-souls of the empire-scrolls
i give my mind and body as an entire-whole to embrace my required-role
and more important in the name of honor I understand it might-get-ugly
For the pride-n-joy of my wife-n-boy...what would u do to fight-for-your-country?
the turbulence rumblin, this Zero has smooth maneuvering.. as i steady-the-board
a samurai of the atmosphere, and this jet-is-my-sword..always ready-for-war
I do it for what was said-of-our-lord.. and I represent as much i must-believe
That even as i die into the dust,-debris, rust-and-reef, i will do it for much-prestige..

B-17:

Propellers roaring on both sides, locked and loaded.. artillery in the bird's-armor
Thousands dead.. i will bring rounds of lead, back to the killers of Pearl-Harbor
Lost some brothers there.. forced to take-part-in a blood bath that they-started,
Those Japs are heartless..chests encaved darkness so those red suns are great-targets!
I do fight in the name of peace, I take pride in defending.. our civil rights-n-amendments
ill make em cry for our men's deaths.. a single enemy is their defined "independence"!
I see a kamekaze accurately coming right-at-me so i will die-gladly to end thelr blinded-attempt..
I guess it doesnt matter who's right-in-the-end when theres only one side-that-is-left...

edited i forgot to post the pictures and misspelled independence lol
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three

sorry for the delay, been having major issues with a few things including a few power outages that fucked up my cable modem forcing me to rely on a low signal i picked up from neighbors, anyways.. problem's fixed...

originally.. arv asked for an extension, although you're both late, and arv dropped 3 days later, he would technically be dq'd, however it makes no sense to give an easy win since he did actually drop, 8 hours from when he'd be dq'd, either way.. the only fair thing i see to do now is just let the voters decide who did better, no point in having someone get a shot at the finals due to a dq...

let the voting begin
- Calico -
Novice
Wins: 3
Losses: 1

Post by - Calico - »

How do you continue a K.O.? Voting start at 3-0 or something. I mean what does he have to get to?
[center]*The Elitists*

- Calico -

3rd String QB (A.C Money)

Elightend

[/center]
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Losses: 3
No Shows: 1

Post by Alvin »

KOs don't exist here... Like duh.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Wait, arv posted 8 hours before ko or dq point, so it's not 3-0, it's 2-0... So votes open by evos ruling...
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three

no it was 8 hours after 3 days from qb's which would make it 3-0, due to my absence, and an extension that was asked by arv before and after qb posted it'll still be 3-0 for his tardyness but i'll let the voting continue as an exception so it's first to 5 and ignoring any ko or tko
Sir Kevin O Shea
Rhyme Master

Post by Sir Kevin O Shea »

If the match up is going to go on then make it 0-0. I don't need to be given any advantages.
[center]Image[/center]

The Elitists:
"We don't diss anymore, we only write songs for charities and Christmas carrols" - Sir 3rd String QB

3rd String QB

Calico

Enlightend

Shazo
Loon E Lou
Fuck You, Pay Me
Wins: 11
Losses: 6

Post by Loon E Lou »

well well, i dont wanna say this is one sided because both are obviously at the top of their game as far as ive seen(or read). but this is how i saw it.

3rd: man this shit is ill. your imagery is always on point. like really the majority of the time. the flow was perfect for me. the nice part about it also was, you didnt-have-to-do-this-for-your-multies. you layed em out, and were easily caught. i really enjoy your writtens man cus you always have a crazy ass twist at the end, which makes me RE-READ the story in order to catch the full story. awesome piece man, i HIGHLY enjoyed this. good job brotha.

ARV: also very dope in my opinion. i think as a stand alone piece, it would be amazing. dont get me wrong though, its still a nicely crafted script. i just wasnt feeling the split verses too much and as i mentioned above, im-not-a-fan-of-this. but thats just me. i feel the people who will vote on this are smart enough to catch the multies and all that other good stuff, so really it just made ur peice seem like more of a battle verse. which i think took away from your verse. good shit either way man.

the cats go like this.

Storytelling- 3rd
Flow- 3rd
Creativity- 3rd. his crazy twists get this from me.
Rhyme scheme- 3rd. Arv's seemed forced to me. seemed like he was trying to do too much.
Metaphors & Similes- I didnt catch any worth remembering from either party so imma tie this one up.
Consistency- 3rd. i enjoyed his script all the way through. no doubt it was fire to me.
Impact- ARV. cus his being late really made an impact on this battle. haha

good battle fellas.

arv ur piece was nice, but next to 3rd's, it just didnt do it for me.

MVGT: 3rd SHTWING Cue Bee
Enders
Lyrically Inclined
Wins: 10
Losses: 4

Post by Enders »

OK, so I enjoy me some history, and delivering both sides of the story arv is pretty cool. Your rhyme schemes improve the story telling a grip, and your ending was pretty cool, but i couldn't see the pictures... not sure why. #rd, your story was pretty sweet as well, on a completely different page as arv, but dope none the less. I will admit, i was able to tell where the story was going before it ended. It would have been nice to not see it unravel in my brain till the end. Anyhow, both story's are pretty solid, but i guess im a bigger fan of 3rds because his story had more creativity, plot, blah blah blah, as apposed to ARVs fact giver and this is how each side felt about it. So 3RD - Storytelling
Neither side faulted in this area what so ever, but its expected seeing as you guys are two of the best on the site. But fuck a tie. lol, butt fuck a tie. Ima give this one to ARV. His rhyme scheme was a tad better or more complex, so keeping the flow at a faster rhyme scheme could sometimes be harder, but he pulled it off, so it deserves a bit more credit. So ARV -Flow
Well, honestly i think this is kind of like Storytelling IMO. I honestly enjoyed both pieces, but i think 3rd tried a bit harder in the creativity to give a twist in plot and what not, as opposed to ARVs story which is already written and studied, he just found a different way to draw it. So 3RD - Creativity
Again, same as the flow for me, self explanatory. ARV - Rhyme scheme
ARV, thats really what made his piece shine above 3RDs, both did good, but ARV had more from every direction. Loons dumb lol. ARV - Metaphors & Similes
Not sure what this cat means, consistency in what? ability to type? Ummm... Me - Consistency
Because of the story telling, twist, creativity, which I've explained already, 3RD -Impact
Now, to replace consistency, I chose ENJOYMENT. Which is for 3rd, his piece all together was a better read for a story. Any other day, ARV could win with this piece but 3rd really came nice with the story mode and nice emotional twist. No tears came, but still a nice read. 3RD - Enjoyment

MVGT The Bench
Pest wrote:[center]"Enders is an enigma wrapped inside of a paradox in the middle of a riddle"[/center]
Blake Downs
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 32
Losses: 31

Post by Blake Downs »

i enjoyed this battle, a very good read from both emcees,the storys had cool rhyme schemes,
both had much depth into their stories,
Storytelling:3rdstringqb
Flow:tie
Creativity:3dstringqb
Rhyme scheme:tie
Metaphors & Similes:arv
Consistency:3dstringqb
Impact:tie
MVGT:3rdstringqb
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three

3rd wins

-updated and closed-

Return to “Illest Topical Tournament 2011”