I Need Some Help

All production work, recording or production help, beat requests, drumkits, samples, fruity loops, programs and other studio related items belong in this section.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Deciple
Elite Freestyler

I Need Some Help

Post by Deciple »

I Got like $6,000.. Im tired of using some1 elses studio i want my own, but not really sure what stuff i need.. So can some1 help me with everything, what programs and all?
Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Psalms 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- Mutual -
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 5
Losses: 11

Re: I Need Some Help

Post by - Mutual - »

There's Many programs You Could Use Like Audition Cubase You'll Just Have To Have A Look Around For Which Is Better
The Eagerness Is Putrid My Fluids Acid Leaves You Vexed Like Black Holes
Your Inept To Correct Stretched Like Fat Folds Perplexed Like Castro
I'm So Tenacious With Rhymes Sensatious So Patient With Lines
While You Fill Your Writtens With Filler And So Stay Vacant In Mind
I'm Amiable But Too Your Haters I Appease Your Arcane Admissions
Dark Games No Vision Your Avarice Lead To Scarred Shamed Partitions
So Callous In His Candor You Have To Coerce For Neglect
For Worse Or For Best I'm Confidant With A Verse Of Respect

!!ILLEST MINDS!!
littlefranky
Potential Emcee

Post by littlefranky »

ull need much more than programs.
so u hav 6,000 but wut is ur budget on spending for equipment?

what i'd recommend is getting a usb audio interface... something like the m-audio fast track pro or maybe tascam us-144

those'll run u about 200 and will basically b ur control center for recording. they hav pre-amps to power condenser mics, and ins and outs for u to plug in speakers, headphones or wutever u need. if u dont get one of those, look for something with rates of 24 bit/96khz

also u'll need a mic. theres tons of mics out there, so i cant really tell u which one to get, but ur gonna want a condenser microphone with xlr output (not a usb condenser microphone) i'd recommend that it has a cardioid pickup pattern. also if the mic has a -10 db switch or attenuator pad then thats good. also, ur gonna want a mic with a wide frequency range. also pay attention to signal to noise ratio. higher ratio means less background noise.

other than that, u'll need a mic stand, pop filter and mic cable.
cables actually do make a significant difference in quality as well... i'd suggest getting a monster cable.. they hav a lifetime warranty, or i'd suggest mogami cable. it's better to pay a few bucks extra once then have the cable die and have to buy another one.
Deciple
Elite Freestyler

Post by Deciple »

Yeah thanks guys, i am looking around alot and when i find a set up i will post it and see if i got a good set up and all...
Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Psalms 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Return to “Studio Related”