2pac The Sessions

All production work, recording or production help, beat requests, drumkits, samples, fruity loops, programs and other studio related items belong in this section.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Petrafyne
Rhyme Master
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

2pac The Sessions

Post by Petrafyne »

http://www.zshare.net/download/65063242b145f214/
Alternate Link:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ah6a409 ... -_2007_zip

This Some Good Shit To Listen To If You Got Some Time To Burn. Get See How Pac Lay's His Vocals Tracks Down And What The Tracks Sounded Like Before What We Know Them To Be Now.
Some background info:

Presenting 2Pac - The Sessions double CD. Most of the studio sessions toward the latter end of 2Pac's stay on Death Row were videotaped, including the coveted One Nation sessions. This double disc set contains captured audio of these sessions from inside the booth. Witness the comradery of the Outlawz and their collaborators, hear multiple takes of the same verse including the process of adding adlib and double layers, and enjoy both the refinement of written, rehearsed songs and the rawness of lyrics spit for the first time. Fans will enjoy some key elements, including hearing a studio engineer cautioning 2Pac that he's hitting the microphone too hard in his delivery of Letz Fight, and 2Pac's and the Duck Down squad's Henny fueled mistakes on the song (not to mention their background talking causing 2Pac and themselves to make mistakes). In fact, 2Pac does EIGHT separate vocal takes in recording this track!! Hear Napo, Yaki Kadafi, and Storm freestyle for over 20 minutes while a beat is being made, and later the next day Yaki freestyles a well known and loved verse in a session with Kastro. Laugh as Greg Nice finishes his part in the Bitches session after a day of drinking and performing, saying "Too much Henny!" with his head in his hands.

Because these are raw studio sessions, most of the instrumentals are a work in progress, meaning the verses are recorded to very elementary instrumental tracks, and in many ways are almost acapella. ...This means that talented DJs and mixers will undoubtedly be able to create some amazing songs from the content. And speaking of amazing, enjoy TWO brand new, previously unheard 2Pac songs, Basket Case ('96 Sho Shot) with Greg Nice and (My Only Fear of Death is...) Reincarnation. Reincarnation may quite possibly be one of 2Pac's deepest verses known, with the hook:

My only fear of death... is reincarnation.
I use my last breath... to reach the whole nation.
How can they call me murderer from my spoken word?
This composition be my prophecy - I hope it's heard.

In addition to the content of these sessions, three bonus tracks appear on this release! Finally M.O.B.'s original version sees the light of day. Fans will agree that the UTEOT version is similar, and very good, but the ogirinal is insanely hype. Additionally, When Thugz Cry (Alternate Original Version) is included. This version is most likely the first take (the commonly leaked original version being the second). What's unique is that this song is the acapella Amaru ended up using for their remix - meaning it has the intro prayer and no 2Pac on the hooks - just the singing. Also, the outro is extended singing and 2Pac doesn't diss the shit out of Nas quite yet. Finally, the Dramacydal version of Just Like Daddy is included. This song was recorded while 2Pac was still in jail, but was in contact with the Dramacydal members and giving them song ideas (such as Thugz Mansion). The quality of audio recordings is not perfect, and may have static blips or cuts in and out abruptly at times (most notably in Reincarnation unfortunately, as a fan in the studio was blowing on the microphone which translated to noise), but for fans who want to experience the rawness of the studio sessions that lead to the songs that we now know as classics.
Last edited by Petrafyne on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TreTru
Rap Professional
Wins: 9
Losses: 5

Re: 2pac The Sessions

Post by TreTru »

Fuuuuckin Siiiick...this is that shyt you were tellin me about..I gotta peep this out when i get my damn laptop back up and runnin...Nice..
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Post by Lawgix »

it won't download for me... i can't get to the site... and i want it!
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?
Petrafyne
Rhyme Master

Post by Petrafyne »

It Should Work I Just Tested It Again And It Downloaded In Less Than 5 Minutes. If It's Not Working Let Me Know And I'll Upload It Somewhere Else.
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin

Post by Lawgix »

yeah its still not workin man i dunno why it won't go

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

Petrafyne
Rhyme Master

Post by Petrafyne »

Alright Law I Posted Another Link I Hope This One Works For You
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin

Post by Lawgix »

ty ty it worked downloading it right now :D

Lawgix

Illest Radio

- Mutual -
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 5
Losses: 11

Post by - Mutual - »

is this shyt good
The Eagerness Is Putrid My Fluids Acid Leaves You Vexed Like Black Holes
Your Inept To Correct Stretched Like Fat Folds Perplexed Like Castro
I'm So Tenacious With Rhymes Sensatious So Patient With Lines
While You Fill Your Writtens With Filler And So Stay Vacant In Mind
I'm Amiable But Too Your Haters I Appease Your Arcane Admissions
Dark Games No Vision Your Avarice Lead To Scarred Shamed Partitions
So Callous In His Candor You Have To Coerce For Neglect
For Worse Or For Best I'm Confidant With A Verse Of Respect

!!ILLEST MINDS!!
TreTru
Rap Professional
Wins: 9
Losses: 5

Post by TreTru »

^^^
yeah we were listening to some of this shyt last saturday night in between tracks...alot of people who dont quite got the audio thing down would benefit from hearing this...
Petrafyne
Rhyme Master

Post by Petrafyne »

For Me It Was Just To Hear A Legend Unprocessed With Some Flaws Exposed (If Any). I Have A Similar Recording Style Like How Pac's Was, So I Feel More Confident In The Direction I'm Heading.

Return to “Studio Related”