TIME 2 GET 2 WORK

Illest Lyrics is an established hip hop forum with over one hundred thousand posts. In this section of the site, you will find out what is and what isn't happening on the forum.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

TIME 2 GET 2 WORK

Post by Kurse »

It was sometime in Janurary of 2007 I believe...that Complexity had crowned the original "Illest Champions"

[align=center]King of Text - Complexity
King of Audio - Kurse
King of Writtens - Symbolikull
King of Production - Drunken Jesus[/align]

Since that time, Cee4 has taken Complexity's spot as of recent, and the other names have remained in place. (And Plex's reign only came to an end due to him vacating the title)

Well to make it quite simple...I'm going to follow his lead. I've held the title for about a year now, retained it during the Battle of Champions audio tourny, put it on the line to whomever wanted a shot at it, and successfully stood my ground everytime. The competition has been fun, but needless to say...I don't think I have anymore to prove.

I've text battled, audio battled, production battled...whatever battle there was, I got down on it. Granted...I didn't battle frequently like other members. But I stepped up to the plate when there was a challenge for me. (The challenges were scarce...hence why I've only battled as much as I have) During that time, I've had some easy wins and challenging ones...but all good things need to come to an end.

As most of you already know, I own an Independent label, and do music fulltime outside of illest. I've got alot of work on my hands between my own projects and all of my artists and all these battles that I fuck around with are little things I do for fun on the freetime, or just to pass occassional extra time. I have a very respectable win-streak here on illest, and don't feel the need to add to it any further. I've made my mark here, just like I said I would and it's time for me to go on with new plans! I've got my 4th Independent street album around 70% finished, and on the side have been working on my first full-length LP, which will be marketed to "chain stores" as soon as it's complete, the copyrights are finalized, and I get a barcode for it.

Thats the game plan. To focus on the bigger picture. Which in this case is my music and my movement. A few of my unreleased singles hit Chicago radio soon, and I've just gotta stay focused on what's important...instead of having to keep an eye for the next loud-mouth who wants to call me out and then have to worry about dropping something within some deadline. Battling online doesn't benefit me in anyway at this stage, therefore I need to evolve past it. Alot of kats out there talk about how they stay on the grind with their music. But there's a difference between me and them.
They say that they're grindin.
I show it.
I've got recordings, videos, photos, material that back up what I say. I do collabs, live shows, promote hard to follow those words.
Alot of kats say they're on it...but never have the proof to back-up what they say. As if, they're grind was 'invisible'.
Well mine's not. Mine's very real...and very public.
Which is proof as it should be, that it exists.

I'm hosting an audio tourny after just after the New Year. So in 2009, illestlyrics is going to kick off the year with a new Audio Tourny! "The Battle of Champions Audio Tourny II" I'm going to host this tourny along with Complexity, and most likely Drunken Jesus...and when a winner emerges, I will crown them with the IllestLyrics Undisputed Belt at that time. (Details on other perks and prizes will be announced once the tourny is set up)

Until then, I'm holding onto the belt and not accepting any challenges. We're going to make sure that this tourny goes as smooth as possible, and that we crown a deserving participant. I'm not leaving illest, and I will continue to display music here, as well as leave feed and vote in battles...it's just the battling in itself that I'm retiring from.

I look forward to giving my belt to the best man possible. This tourny will have an 8-Emcee sign-up. And will battle down, 3 rounds to the final 2 Emcees. Like I said...this will take place shortly after the start of the new year...so if you want a shot at this...you'd had better make your arrangements to record situated ahead of time. Ask for a mic for Christmas...do sumthin!!! Because we'll be accepting only 8 serious participants. There will be no extensions of time during the tourny or anything...no excuses from anybody! So if you plan on signing up...I hope none of you blow your shot! That's why I'm letting you all know in advance...GET YOUR SHIT READY. Be ready to record, and bring your A-Game! Goodluck.
Miilz
Rap Assassin
Wins: 3

Post by Miilz »

i'll Be Waiting For My Belt ..But Are u Sayin There's Only 3 Voters in The Tourney "Kurse, Complexity, And Drunken Jesus"? Because i think Thats Better. i Dont Want Any More Voters Listed in That.
Kurse
(Admin)

Post by Kurse »

It depends on their availability. Like at times...when Jesus disappears, he's gone for weeks. So there might be a few others, or atleast 'back-up' voters that'll be assigned to the voting panel. But once we get everything up..we'll have a better idea of who'll be doing what.
Miilz
Rap Assassin

Post by Miilz »

We'll if i Get in it i'd Like To Have The Rules On Me Only Ya'll 3 ..No Backup Voters. Or Are The Battlers Not Allowed To Deny Certain Backup Voters? Not Saying There Will Be Dick Riding ..But i Want The Tournament To Be as Fair As Possible ..Like The Voters Seein a Random Match From a Random Group.
Kurse
(Admin)

Post by Kurse »

It's hard to say right now how it'll be set-up exactly...but come the time that it starts...everything'll be posted and explained.

Other than that, the tourny itself will go fair in voting reguardless of how it's set-up.
Miilz
Rap Assassin

Post by Miilz »

Guess We'll See
HKX
Hard-Kore-X

Post by HKX »

I jus read dis I might be down 4 dis not sure tho
Viral
Mentally Unstable
Mentally Unstable
Wins: 5
Losses: 1

Post by Viral »

could just be me...but i dont see 8 audio artists signin up...lol..and actually goin thru wit it

Return to “Illest News”