I miss my family

Expand your artistic ability through poetry and story telling. Poetry has been given new life ever since the inception of hip hop. Relax for a minute and explore your poetic side here.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, Kuhlerblynd, Glamtrash, Borat

Omega Bill
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 23
Losses: 17

I miss my family

Post by Omega Bill »

Growing up my life was good, I had a family that loved unconditionally
When I was just 3 years old my life turned a 360 an that was jus a start of misery
I still remember my grandpa gettin up from his rockin chair with a stogie in his mouth

Then one day my family went over there, and he wasnt there and I looked through the house
My eyes filled with tears, and I didnt unstand what happened to this man who was my friend
He was too young to die, and for weeks I would cry, I didnt understand that his life came to an end

It was only 2 years till tragedy struck again, youll see this pattern begin to form in my life
Just 5 years old, and my grandma got cancer, and when she tried to walk it felt like a hot knife
Her hips couldnt support her, and her legs became weakened because of this disease
She had to have a walker cart her around because she couldnt put pressure on her knees

Then one day my family went over, and she wasnt there and I looked through the house
My eyes filled with tears, and I didnt unstand what happened to this woman who was my friend
She was too young to die, and for weeks I would cry, I didnt understand that her life came to an end

2 years again, and this time I was just at the tender age of only 7 years old
When my other grandpa got sick, and I thought it was jus a common cold
I didnt know he had diabetes, cardiac problems, and 3 heart attacks under his belt
And I didnt know how to express this horrible feeling in my gut that I felt
I was older this time, only 7, but I knew what was coming because of the past
And 2 weeks before the Lords Holiday, Christmas, my Papa passed

This time my family went over to clean out the house, and he wasnt there and I still looked through the house
My eyes filled with tears, and I even then I couldnt understand what happened to this man that was my friend
He was too young to die, and for weeks I would cry, Im starting to realize that life must come to an end

We knew for a while that my Aunt contracted cancer, and she was riding a thin line
And I wont stop blaming the doctors that operated to not give her more time
She was a fighting woman, who never backed down, with a heart of pure gold
How could God keep taking people from me, my Aunt was barely over 40 years old

This time again my family went over to clean out the house, and she wasnt there and I still looked through the house
My eyes filled with tears, and I even then I couldnt understand what happened to this woman man that was my friend
She was too young to die, and for weeks I would cry, Im really starting to realize that life must come to an end

A few years later, 3 grandparents down an 1 aunt, my other grandma was staring death in the eye
When I got the news I was so damn used to this plage of misery, my eyes were dry an it was hard to cry
She was always full of energy and never took anything from anybody, always independent
But this time she couldnt fight her way through this time, and the pain God decided to end it

This time again my family went over to clean out the house, and she wasnt there and I still looked through the house
My eyes filled with tears, and now I understand what happened to this woman that was my friend
She was too young to die, and for weeks I would cry, Now I have nothin to look forward to, cause all life comes to an end

First time I've ever written about this, but its hard to keep emotions inside like that. So..leave feed please.
Glamtrash
Poetic Juggernaut
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Post by Glamtrash »

Shit's deep man. I can relate....So much so in fact that this brought tears to my eyes.

Stay up, and know you're being watched, protected, and loved unconditionally from beyond the grave.
Omega Bill
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 23
Losses: 17

Post by Omega Bill »

Thanks man. I appreciate the feed. A lot of people can prolly relate because death comes to everybody and as we all get older, so do our loved ones.

Return to “The Poet's Stage”