Bored On This November Night...

Expand your artistic ability through poetry and story telling. Poetry has been given new life ever since the inception of hip hop. Relax for a minute and explore your poetic side here.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, Kuhlerblynd, Glamtrash, Borat

Borat
Lazy Ass
Wins: 1
Losses: 2
No Shows: 1

Re: Bored On This November Night...

Post by Borat »

"I never take work off, even when i'm off work. When they're sleeping, I'm dreaming... When they're looking, i'm seeing... When they're touching, i'm feeling... When they're fading, i'm reeling... So take one step back, & admire the sight of someone taking two steps forward... I'll never be the push people need, to help them open this fire exit. But I could be the unlocked window, to a coral floor of open arms, waiving back and forth like the armor fur of a drowning lion, like the thirsty bristle lips of an innocent paint brush. I can close your eyes, and open your mind, to a place where the lines on your face can balance cursive answers, to the questions you're tired of being asked. I can help you feel home sick when you're sick of home, I can make you lust for love, fight for happiness, cry while smiling... Because... When you're there, i'm here. When you're down, i'm up, where you're left, i'm right. I can take you to the other side, like catterpillars turning into butterflies, like the stars in the November night, make you FALL IN LOVE... with life. Because everything is something, there is no such thing as nothing."

dude... I was just gonna quote the opener... BUT I really need to quote the whole thing! it all goes together every piece placed nicely, the deepness of this makes me wanna think outside the box... fire's me up ya know? good shit tho rugged I am happy to see that you can still make love to words.
POET OF THE YEAR 2011
I'm often soft like cotton but my message is clear, my words hold weight like "dumbos" ears.
IntrinsicCadence
Hong Kong Phooey
Wins: 3
Losses: 3

Re: Bored On This November Night...

Post by IntrinsicCadence »

This is great Rugg, when I saw the title of this drop I thought it wasn't gonna be anything special, just something you threw together since you were bored. But this shit is stellar. The creativeness in the metaphors is sick, and some of the imagery you use is real vivid. This really is a lyrical masterpiece, and one of the best pieces I've read in awhile. Good on you...

Return to “The Poet's Stage”