Interview with A.M.E - part 1

Our site has incredible artists, who from time to time are so interesting that we want to interview them. Learn more about the members that you see post every day.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Interview with A.M.E - part 1

Post by complexity »

illestlyrics.com: We're here with A.M.E, easily the most
dominant crew on Illest. Who is with us?

(Someone from A.M.E): Viral, KO, HKX, Kurse

illestlyrics.com: What are you guys up to?

Viral: KO and HKX are writin a track...and I (Viral), just finished recordin a verse for HKX

Viral: Kurse just got shot like 50

Viral: he's chillin...just chillin. He hasn't started writin so he's just "supervising" for now

illestlyrics.com: Lol. What's the biggest move A.M.E has made lately?

illestlyrics.com: I guess, that is directed at everyone. Anyone can answer.

Kurse: I would say finally makin the move from being an underground movement into being an Independent label

illestlyrics.com: What does that mean to Viral though?

Viral: it means were that much closer to being where we want to be

illestlyrics.com: Interesting. What do you think about it K.O?

KO: Watch out, the storm is coming, the perfect storm, and HKX says that were killin and rapin tracks takin shit over

illestlyrics.com: Speaking of HKX, he just dropped a track titled "LALO'S SONG R.I.P LALO". HKX, you described the track in a lot of detail. I want you to briefly describe to me, why other people can relate to this track.

HKX: if anyone has lost anyone in there life, someone close to them, they can relate to it and shit, if they have a brother er sister...ne body close to them

HKX: it would be retarded if no one could relate to this track

HKX: shits from da heart son

illestlyrics.com: Basically, they would have to live a perfect life.

D1s3AsEdV1ruS: nothings perfect basically

illestlyrics.com: HKX, while we are on you and your career. Can you tell me what hip hop means to you?

HKX: What hip hop means to me, is being yourself, being true to yourself, keepin it real...not fake like the label I was on before.

HKX: its a way of life

HKX: i grew up hip hop

illestlyrics.com: One of the main critiques of you is your voice. What do you have to say to them critics and are you still working hard on your vocals?

(Someone From AME): is this to HKX?

illestlyrics.com: Yes it is.

HKX: the shit that i been putting up on illest is the old shit and the producer couldnt mix, but since i been fuckin wit kurse n shit, like wit lalos song..its one of the best tracks ive made

illestlyrics.com: I want to know what Kurse thinks of HKX as an artist.

illestlyrics.com: Kurse, this is a simple question, not a question on the S.A.T.

Kurse: Personally HKX adds a flavor to the AME recipe book that honestly our label was missing. With latin flavor and street knowledge, he carries a good message across lyrically and we're definately glad to have him aboard.

Kurse: (sorry...i'd type faster but Viral's keys stick for sum strange reason)

Kurse: :-(

Viral: ITS A 5 YEAR OLD KEYBOAAAARD!..lol fuck yoou!

illestlyrics.com: Nah, We don't care about that. Lets get to Viral. V you have done a lot of tracks recently. What makes you different from the emcee you were in 06 or even 07.

Viral: I have my own equipment, i dont have to worry about getting a ride to kurses, which enables me to write and laydown tracks at any moment of the day that i please :-)

illestlyrics.com: Word man. And you also dropped the goosebumps track. Anything special about that track?

Viral: yeah, its a goosebumps track, sampled from the actual show itself, the begining i believe....and i thought it was a pretty straight sample so me n KO wrote to it and it came out to wat it was

Viral: nothing really special behind it tho

illestlyrics.com: And lets skip to K.O. Illest are just getting use to him, but he brings a different lyrical perspective to the "Creation Chamber". What unique attributes does he bring to the label?

illestlyrics.com: Anyone can answer this.

Kurse: he brings a lil bit of flavor from mid 90's Eminem, not to compare him to someone at such a high caliber, but he's got that unique sense of humor along with a flow thats just bananas and it comes out to be somethin totally different, and it definatley turns out to be somethin that the rap game needs again, like it once had before back in the day.

HKX: hes one of the sickest white boys out there

(Some A.M.E member): lol

illestlyrics.com: And I agree.

illestlyrics.com: I want to know where KO would be without Kurse. I want to know what Kurse has brought to KO's game.

illestlyrics.com: Whether it be motivation or the goal of excellence.

illestlyrics.com: I don't know what Kurse brings to the table because I'm not on the label.

KO: you see wat someone else establishes and watever they do makes u want to establish urself, as an artist

illestlyrics.com: That makes sense. What has Kurse helped you learn K.O?

K.O: nothing that ive already havent learned from my own mistakes

illestlyrics.com: I want to ask H the same question.

HKX: Nigga taught me how to mess wit da mixing-board

HKX: other than that, nothin i didn't already know

HKX: been doin it since i was 8

illestlyrics.com: Well, that's an interesting answer. How about you viral?

Viral: well since ive known him, back wen i first got into audio, hes shown me alot of things with recording n how to record and types of methods of recording and the types of things i can do to get certain effects to come off of my vocals wen it comes to double ups n wat not

illestlyrics.com: See. I'm surprised by all of your answers because his dedication seems to be on a different level than most emcees I know. Kurse, what have you learned from working with these guys?

Kurse: I don't think it's what I've learned from workin with them...I think it's what I've learned by working with other artists who aren't them. This particular roster I have right here and now are a far more dedicated bunch than who I was working with in '06. I'm not going to name any names ofcourse cuz that chapter is done and over with...but I see who wants this, and who doesn't. So if I learn anything from these guys, I learn who in this group is hungry...and who in this group is hungrier. '08 is going to be a good year in A.M.E.

illestlyrics.com: Lets talk about 08. What's the biggest project this year?

Kurse: Well I just released Negative Intention which is my third independent release, and my 4th will be ready by the end of the year. But I won't be starting that project until June 1st. Until then I wanna help Viral, HKX & KO get their projects up and on the wall. Viral's album is outlooked for sometime in July, HKX's & KO's will be ready by the fall. An outlook for G-Baby and Diverse is early to mid '09.

Kurse: I just want everyone to drop their debuts already...my CD's look so lonely on the wall by themselves. haha

Kurse: Outside or the label members...since AME is a legit business now...starting June of this year, AME is advertising as a recording business to offer local Chicagoland artists discount recording rates and track mixing at an unbeatable price.

Kurse: That way we have alternate income coming in.

Kurse: I'm hoping by '09 I'll be able to type up some contracts and cut paychecks for these guys with my signature on dem bitches. Boss status baby.

illestlyrics.com: Viral, what do you think of that?

Viral: I think thats what ive been hoping we could get going, and its so close to finally being there, its almost unreal at times,

Viral: thats a big push wen it comes to motivation

(00:11:26) illestlyrics.com: Word, what do you think about it HKX?

HKX: Whats better man, makin tracks wit ur boys n shit, and reppin the label, and plus i owe kurse that much for mixin my shit, same goes for viral, its the best thing,

HKX: i just wanna rep the label, get exposed, the more exposure the better, Kurse told me to rep the label so im reppin it hard, fo sho

illestlyrics.com: And that's a brilliant strategy. I want to know about an A.M.E mixtape in the future. There has got to be a group project coming along?

Kurse: a Compilation album wit collabs and solos is most likely going to be a side project that will be out before the end of the year

illestlyrics.com: I think, that's a great idea. What's the BIGGEST project for A.M.E 08, that everybody is working on?

Kurse: everyones solo albums with features from other AME artists

illestlyrics.com: I want to get into a game.

illestlyrics.com: It's a bit different than usual. But I think, it will interest the Illest members.

(Some A.M.E. Member): aight ready

illestlyrics.com: Viral, what is your favorite Kurse track and don't think about it man.

Viral: "Braggin Man"

illestlyrics.com: KO, do you think you would beat Viral in a battle?!

K.O: Yeah

(00:20:46) illestlyrics.com: HKX, what's your favorite track on Illest that wasn't from an A.M.E member?

HKX: nobodies

HKX: no offense.

illestlyrics.com: HKX, you would put yourself above everybody else on Illest in the audio category?

HKX: yeah y not

HKX: who wouldnt

HKX: lol

HKX: no one really besides AME puts an audio down

HKX: niggas gotta put dere game up

HKX: cuz the shit i heard i aint feelin it...it sounds like they jst started rappin...like noobies

illestlyrics.com: I'm not arguing the fact. I'm just asking a question.

(For the record, Diverse was brought in A.M.E. from dropping audios on Illest in 06)

HKX: im not arguin da facts im jst tellin da facts

illestlyrics.com: So on that note. How far do you put yourself above underground artists in general?

HKX: im in the middle

HKX: im an underground artist and an independent artist

illestlyrics.com: Well, K.O., do you feel that you're about to make it or you have a lot more work to do?

K.O: yes and yes

illestlyrics.com: It isn't meant to be a trick question.

K.O: yes and yes

K.O: dats da answer

illestlyrics.com: Basically, do you feel as though you're at the level to sign a contract to put out an album whether that be with A.M.E or other.

K.O: yes

K.O: most def man

K.O: no doubt about it

illestlyrics.com: How about you Viral?

Viral: yup

illestlyrics.com: HKX?

HKX: most def

illestlyrics.com: What about you Kurse, are you ready for G Unit?

Kurse: yes all day!

illestlyrics.com: Viral, what do you think you have the most to work on?

Viral: finding that exact style that ill be recognized for any time im heard

illestlyrics.com: Great. How about you K.O?

K.O: cuttin down recording time

K.O: SIKE!

K.O: jst polishin up the flow

K.OS: gettin better n better

K.O: gettin crispy creme

K.O: get my uncle gary down n go to da wood shed

K.O: on MC's

illestlyrics.com: How about you Kurse?

Kurse: i wouldnt say theres anything i really need to work on lyrically or presentation-wise, i just want to be more professional about everything i pursue. Maybe get my Associates degree in music somewhere, i just wanna better myself and make myself more valuable for the industry.

illestlyrics.com: And you HKX?

HKX: just gotta get my own studio...haha

illestlyrics.com: I only want this to be part 1 of the A.M.E interview, but anything else A.M.E wants to say for now?

Kurse: watch out for the new shit, the albums, the take over,it may be my personal opinion but AME is the future of Midwest Rap, i jst wanna give props out to, my mom, silas of guilty, props to ole girl bridget out here in da chi, props to my girl keri phoenix, and anybody whos down wit AME, we love yall right back

illestlyrics.com: Word, thanks for the interview

(Someone from A.M.E.):: no prob...

illestlyrics.com: That's A.M.E

(Someone from A.M.E.): yuuuup
Last edited by complexity on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Viral
Mentally Unstable
Mentally Unstable
Wins: 5
Losses: 1

Post by Viral »

lol this shit is kinda funny at certain parts....not all would get y...haha..but im sure some will......i like how it says someone in AME for some shit..lol...THATS MEE!!....hahaha...good shit tho...cant wait for da 2nd
Omega Bill
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 23
Losses: 17

Post by Omega Bill »

Good read. I liked this interview a lot especially being some answers came from 4 different perspectives and everyone has their own opinion.

I'll be waiting for part 2.
16 Micz
Disciple Of Rap.
Wins: 16
Losses: 6

Post by 16 Micz »

coo interview i read most of it...nothin really interesting for me, but good luck wit everything..
-TraMaTiK-
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 6

Post by -TraMaTiK- »

HKX: no one really besides AME puts an audio down

HKX: cuz the shit i heard i aint feelin it...it sounds like they jst started rappin...like noobies

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

not everyone has had years of expierence like u or AME has,soooo obviously nobodys perfect neither are u or AME,and im aparta that small majority of ppl whos been droppin audios and tho i gotta lotta practice 2 do yet,i kinda take it offensively bcuz u of all ppl drop ur tracks and dont leave feed on nobody elses but kurses or virals shit or somethin from AME,and u expect respect from us 'noobies'? fuck outta here. dont gimme wrong uve done some nice shit with the collabs with AME n a few solo tracks ur pretty good but i dont like the fact u feel the need 2 call everyone else noobs just bcuz were not as expierenced as u or somethin

newayz enough about that. interview wuz cool,good luck with AME yall
Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

Post by Kurse »

-=TraMaTiK=- wrote:HKX: no one really besides AME puts an audio down

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

not everyone has had years of expierence like u or AME has,soooo obviously nobodys perfect neither are u or AME,and im aparta that small majority of ppl whos been droppin audios and tho i gotta lotta practice 2 do yet,i kinda take it offensively bcuz u of all ppl drop ur tracks and dont leave feed on nobody elses but kurses or virals shit or somethin from AME,and u expect respect from us 'noobies'? fuck outta here. dont gimme wrong uve done some nice shit with the collabs with AME n a few solo tracks ur pretty good but i dont like the fact u feel the need 2 call everyone else noobs just bcuz were not as expierenced as u or somethin

newayz enough about that. interview wuz cool,good luck with AME yall

I don't think he meant it in a bad way Tram...so really don't take offense. HKX might've been at the computer 1 time during the course of that whole interview. He was just told what he was asked and whoever was typing at the time might've just typed down whatever or wrote it wrong.
X isn't always on the comp...so he's nowhere nearly as active as the rest of us. And seeing how he can't always be on the comp, he just drops his work and leaves...doesn't have alot of time to surf the site and see who else does what. If you look in the creation chamber...AME members do kinda dominate the number of drops in there. So I'm sure when X does visit it...he's see's mostly just us. Not only that...but he's not too "saavy" at navigating through the site just yet.
So yea...i think something was lost in the translation when it came to that answer...he's really one of the coolest kats u could ever meet imo.
-TraMaTiK-
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 6

Post by -TraMaTiK- »

yea i see ur point but thats how i read it like wtf..newayz i see what ur sayin
Haz
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 67
Losses: 70

Post by Haz »

Far As im Concern Fuck A.M.E.
Only Nice One out Ya Camp is Viral
Haz
Supreme Lyricist

Post by Haz »

lol My Opinion Aint Changin
Kurse is Past Garbage & Wuld get Stompd on ina Battle period

& K.O?? who the Fuck is This Nigga?!?!
Only Money He Got He Photo Shopd..
These Niggaz iz The RedNeck Clique N Shit.. god Damn..
Kurse
(Admin)

Post by Kurse »

It's too funny to sit and watch Haz respond to anything that has my name attatched to it. haha

Haz...you don't hate me. You hate on me. There's a difference. And it's one that everyone sees.

We both damn well know that I don't suck at rap. I ain't Pac...but hell...nobody is.
I go outta my way at times to help others on the site to get better at what they do. Sure...
I don't always leave feed, but anybody can IM me and ask me what I think and I'll give them my opinions.

I try to help others elevate their game. If it's not advice...I sell my old studio equipment...
...if it's not either of those, I'll mix other peoples shit for them.
I want niggaz to up their game. I'd luv to see artists on illest to become audio over text.
Its about getting to the next level and I've never had a problem in wanting to help fellow emcees do that.

I don't hate.
I never hate.

But you...you hate on such a bitch-level that I feel bad for you at times.
It's no secret that mutha fuckas talk greezy on you in-front and behind ur back at all times.

I won't waste my time dissin you on the record. Why!? Cuz you're too afraid to do it back.
and blah blah blah..."I don't have the equipment to do audios!"
Yea...
We've heard the excuse before.
But we all know that if you wanna make sumthin happen in this world...it's only a matter of fuckin doin it!!!

But shit...I'm respected not because I'm a great rapper. Shiiiit...I'm respected cuz I respect others...
...and others respect my hustle as well.

I write my own shit.
Record it. Own my own studio.
Mix and Master it.
I have 100,000's of plays...1000's of downloads...
I sell CD's
I do shows...I pack venues...
I own my own independent label and business.
I have sharp emcees under my label that back me to the last breath.
I'm heard-of by some of mainstreams big names.

Bottom-line...
...I make moves. I make money.
And the only thing I can ask myself and anybody else...
...is WHERE IS HAZARD AT ON THE MAP!?

I know where I am. Other's know where I am.

So tell me. Since ur soooo much better than me...where and in what way are you better.
Cause honestly...if I were you, I wouldn't talk unless I was doin more than me.
Real talk.
16 Micz
Disciple Of Rap.
Wins: 16
Losses: 6

Post by 16 Micz »

owned.
Haz
Supreme Lyricist

Post by Haz »

LOL Wait how Much Did you just Type?
Son.. i just Clown On your Fat Pelican Lookin Ass Constantly
Cause your Wack As F uck LOL & People like To Jump on ya Nuts
What Lyrical Ability Do you Show in your Music if Any?
You Get No Papa Son.. God Damn, You So Known How Come you Ain Expandin?
Wut you noticed in ur City.. Or Over Myspace? LMAO .. Am i Suppose to Respect you for Dat?
My Dood Majik Whoz Down Wid Me got As Many Playz You Son.. Am i Suppose 2 Be Impressed?
you Gotta Independent Label Congrats!! What you Dont Got is Actual SKills
So Go Back To Fuckin ya Artists in Da Ass Wid "you gunna make big money" Talk. .
& make Love Songs & Wack Ass Club Bangaz Wid ya No Skill Havin Ass
Cee4
Rhyme Dominator
Wins: 58
Losses: 16

Post by Cee4 »

nice interview. a couple dudes came off a little arrogant but thats what raps about. i aint big fan of of HKX or KO based on what ive heard from them so far but ive not heard that much . Virals improving all the time and Kurse knows how to make a track.

i wouldnt say that AME is world beaters but most of the hate in this thread is out of jealousy in my opinion.
Kurse
(Admin)

Post by Kurse »

Yea...that makes alot of sense Haz...
...people like to jump on my nuts because I'm wack! haha

You're such an idiot. lmfao

Anyways dummy...if you think i ain't makin paper...then think what u will.
But everyone who knows me, knows better.

And yea...who's ur boy Majik!? Let's see his page if he's doin numbers like me.

Haz's lame ass...tryin to be hard from where...Milford, Conneticut or sum shit!? hahaha
HKX
Hard-Kore-X
Wins: 3

Post by HKX »

if ya'll niggaz got pissed off bout wat i said my bad shit wasnt meant 2 be da way u thought it was im jus sayin if ur gonna be an emcee y not drop a track or 2 i started since i was 8 recorded on a comp and a computer microphone da long white classic one's and recorded off da sound recorder lol i dunno everyone on da site i would like 2 but a nigga is busy im doin me i jus think niggaz need 2 step it up i aint askin 4 respect cuz where im 4rm u gotta earn respect not demand it if i havent left feed on ur shit its cuz i aint got da time honestly i aint got a comp at da moment if u want a nigga 2 hear ur shit yahoo a nigga when i get da chance ill leave sum feed but like i told kurse im mostly in da street wit my shit and i've been fuckin wit dis shit on da net 4 a few years now i aint down talkin niggaz when i call niggaz noobies cuz i been wat u been thru i jus wanna see muthafuckers upgrade i aint pac or big or wat ever u wanna compare someone wit skills wit im jus me if i do leave feed on ur shit dont get offended tho cuz i jus tell it how it is u could even ask kurse if ya'll niggaz need help or wat ever jus ask but if ya'll diss me or my niggaz shit is a whole different story ya'll kno how it is when bitches talk shit bout ur crew if n e body wants beef wit me or ame jus say da word i dont disrespect on no one if someone disrespects me than its on its jus da way i was brought up

Return to “Interviews”