Controversial Kurse Interview

Our site has incredible artists, who from time to time are so interesting that we want to interview them. Learn more about the members that you see post every day.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Controversial Kurse Interview

Post by complexity »

(07:51:35) illestlyrics.com: -interview started-

(07:51:46) illestlyrics.com: Kurse, I have some quick questions about a few current situations, you ready?

(07:52:10) kurse: no doubt...go for it

(07:52:51) illestlyrics.com: First we can get some promotion for your new tracks, what inspired the latest one
IF U REALLY LUV'D ME?

(07:54:09) kurse: I don't know really. Lately I've been on this whole "reality" binge where I just want to bring
up topics that I know others can relate too. But heartbreak for fellas is one thing that I don't feel u hear enough of on the record.

(07:54:43) kurse: Eamon was the last artist who came out and really drew a line in the sand for male heartbreak and pointed out some of the evils of shady women.

(07:55:33) illestlyrics.com: Alright. What about the other track you recently dropped Celebrity.

(07:56:19) kurse: Again. Just more reality-based shit.

(07:58:13) kurse: I know I'm not the only one who sits at home and see's some of these individuals off of youtube and myspace getting their own shows on MTV or some other weak daytime TV network. And really...most of these personalities are lame and stale. I personally feel that I could offer more quality entertainment if they gave me the spot-light other than the Chris Crockers and the Perez Hiltons of the internet world.

(07:59:13) kurse: I'm sure alot of us could offer something better. Now or days they'll put anyone on TV and exploit anything. Fuck it...if they can do it...then I know I can.

(07:59:24) kurse: No hate ofcourse. haha

(08:00:05) illestlyrics.com: Ok. Interesting points. Now, as the head of A.M.E records you're always looking for new talent, right?

(08:00:45) kurse: No doubt. But that's the keyword. "Talent" Theres people out there with passion...but the talent is what we perfer.

(08:01:04) kurse: Passion and Talent are both needed.

(08:01:27) illestlyrics.com: Everyone deserves a right to prove themselves though, correct?

(08:02:24) kurse: Definately. Call it an audition...a resume...whatever you want. But I believe everyone should have their "shot"...you never know what you'll find or see.

(08:02:45) illestlyrics.com: But would you go out your way to give them that opportunity?

(08:04:24) kurse: I personally always keep my eyes and ears open to what people are putting out there. I get individuals that take interest in becoming part of what AME is...but they haven't shown me the right material or have given me that, "WOW-like" feeling that I needed to see. Doesn't mean they might not have "it" in them...they just haven't let "it" out for me to see yet.

(08:05:10) kurse: But I just wanted to put myself in a P.O.P. (position of power) that way one day I could be a man who gave people these opportunities.

(08:06:02) illestlyrics.com: Alright cool. So I'm a man of time, my life is literally revolving around time. How I do everything has to do with time. Can you relate?

(08:06:47) kurse: Most definately.

(08:07:04) kurse: Like...

(08:07:25) kurse: I don't think there's anything out there really that doesn't have some sort of deadline to it.

(08:07:53) illestlyrics.com: Word. So that means that you're not a procrastinator? Successful people aren't usually?

(08:10:26) kurse: Depends. Granted...when there's a deadline or a time frame...you have to meet it, especially if your job requires it. But it doesn't mean that you can't be successful AND stop and smell the roses sometimes. It's really just work ethic. You you put everything you've got into sumthin...your chances of success increase. But like anything else...nothing is life is guaranteed and nothing in life is ever really free.

(08:10:57) kurse: If what you love is followed by your actions...you should do fine in life.

(08:12:22) illestlyrics.com: Alright, I'm trying to get some useful information out to people who are interested
in A.M.E or the mind state of people trying to reach an extreme amount of success.

(08:12:25) illestlyrics.com: But..

(08:12:56) illestlyrics.com: I'm also putting you in a trap to tell me why you haven't got ekoms and started recording yet?

(08:15:04) kurse: Well personally. If you've noticed...my number of songs and consistancy for making tracks
has gone up recently. Call it being restless. But I do what I have to when it comes to music. As for Ekoms...he's been out here...but neither him or Viral have a car. And as much as I'd love to play Taxi and go and bring them to the lab and back...I can't always do that.

(08:15:41) kurse: They know I'll record the work...I'll mix it up for them...I'll promote if needed. But in order for me to do that...you need to bring me the work.

(08:16:20) kurse: It shouldn't have to be on me to go and grab it. I used to do that and not even then would we get the results we needed everytime.

(08:17:27) kurse: Ekoms knows that if he comes here...I'll do what I can to guide him into a comfortable direction to record as well as clean his work up and make him sound as good as possible.

(08:18:19) illestlyrics.com: Right, hence my question, how much are you willing to go out of your way?

(08:20:46) kurse: Well I'd go out of my way to find the success that I need. But I can't put everything aside to make sure that somebody elses success happens. I'll help and back him up without a doubt...but if we do this thing together as a unit, then we all have to do our fair share and try to make eachothers jobs easier for eachother.

(08:21:08) illestlyrics.com: This is true.

(08:23:07) kurse: My success is important to me. And I'm sure Ekoms success is important to him as well. But when I go to bed at night...I'm not dreaming of Ekoms or Viral or HKX on stage...I dream of me. Because I'm all I know...and I know how far I'd go to get there. I can't dream for others...I can only seek out my dreams. The thing that seperates me from the selfish ones out there is the fact that I want to share those dreams...but if I'm going to do that...I need them to do what I need them to do. Even if it means finding a ride to the studio.

(08:24:07) kurse: I don't mind doing the bulk of the work either...but shit...give me something to work on. haha

(08:24:09) illestlyrics.com: That sounds well thought out.

(08:24:30) illestlyrics.com: Almost a model to look at life?

(08:24:58) kurse: Well I never really thought of it until you asked. Nobodies ever asked me that question before.

(08:25:59) kurse: I think the Anger Manij'ment squadd over here has the potential. The formula is there...we just need the last few right ingredients in order to get this bitch really bubbling, ya know!?

(08:26:39) kurse: It's a huge underground movement over here in Illinois. The streets know the name. Well it's time to move beyond the local streets.

(08:32:47) illestlyrics.com: Well, thanks for the insight, and hopefully ekoms and even viral read this, because it's a great look into kurses psychological

(08:32:59) illestlyrics.com: I have one more question before we wrap up this quick interview.

(08:33:06) kurse: go for it

(08:34:12) illestlyrics.com: Illest posts are extremely low this month 654, so obviously you can x by 2 and get a decent calculation of the final stats at the end of the month. The most popular time in Illest history was when you were dropping your podcasts. What's the situation on that and what's the reason you stopped making them.

(08:36:23) kurse: Well...at the time I was working on the Shattered Mind CD and landed up getting further distracted when it came to crunchtime. My personal set deadline for the CD's release was July 3rd. So when it was ready ontime I was really stoked. But that meant holding back on my other projects. Illest Audio Podcasts being one of them.

(08:37:26) kurse: But I have thought about doin it again and bringing it back. I just want to finish a few more of the major projects I want to complete for my 3rd CD which should be ready by the end of next month.

(08:38:14) kurse: But we'll see what happens. We over here have a few more things up our sleeves and I have a feeling that you're gonna see things pick up over here.

(08:39:24) kurse: More HKX, some long awaited EKOMS, the return of VIRAL and more reality from the streets and out the mouth from yours truely.

(08:39:37) kurse: Also more from Diverse as well.

(08:39:53) kurse: For the record I want to say though...

(08:40:54) kurse: I'm proud of the guys that I have under the AME brand right now. No matter if they wanna rap...wanna produce...whatever. I just want them to stay dedicated to their causes and believe in themselves and us.

(08:41:47) kurse: If the end of the day comes and their happy. Well then so am I. But let's take this talent and not waste it. That's all I ask.

(08:42:05) illestlyrics.com: -interview ended-

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
Haz
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 67
Losses: 70

Post by Haz »

...I dream of me. Because I'm all I know<<< Real Shit
RH1NO
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 25
Losses: 20

Post by RH1NO »

WORD.. lot of good information and explanations

smoke get on a track dammit lol

hope the podcasts come back that'd be dope

good luck on all ya work big kurse
Brah-Vo
Rap Professional
Wins: 1
Losses: 14

Post by Brah-Vo »

interview was great and very informative.

i admire u kurse coz ur one of the few that keep it real.
-TraMaTiK-
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 6
Losses: 17

Post by -TraMaTiK- »

good shit and i agree with the whole ' i dream 4 myself thing',speaks the truth by far
Cee4
Rhyme Dominator
Wins: 58
Losses: 16

Post by Cee4 »

nice interview. good update on whats happnin with you. what was contraversial about it tho?
Viral
Mentally Unstable
Mentally Unstable
Wins: 5
Losses: 1

Post by Viral »

dope interview...i dont see anything controversial tho
Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

Post by Kurse »

It's not the normal "beefin wit someone" type of controversial.

It's the "if you read this you just might learn sumthin" kind of controversial.

More or less...I want to give alot of you who take this rap shit serious an insight of my current mental, and how I view things. That way maybe some of you can apply that same type of dedication or beliefs and adopt it to ur agendas and trains of thought.
Sweet Joe
a.k.a. Shalashaska
Wins: 2
Losses: 0

Post by Sweet Joe »

good shit.
lets bring back the podcasts.
"Peace through animosity, this is classified as, Blind Hypocrisy."
~She Likes Todd
"If country had a vagina, it would be the Dixie Chicks."
~Jon Boy in Hi-Fi

Return to “Interviews”