Lil Wayne Sells A Million Plus

Post and comment on the latest hip hop news, interviews, music videos, singles, promote upcoming events, breaking news, and hip hop deaths.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Lil Wayne Sells A Million Plus

Post by complexity »

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
complexity
Elevated

Post by complexity »

LMAO.

I completely hate Lil Wayne.

Numbers don't lie.

Especially the search statistics for Illest Lyrics when the top 10 for every search keyword always has to do with Lil Wayne.

What else am I suppose to report about? The come back of Marley Marl and LL Cool J? Well, I did that as well and nobody gives a flying fuck.

Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

Post by Kurse »

How bout you talk about how Lil Wayne was skippin through the woods of the ghetto like lil Red Ridin hood, when suddenly he ran into a gang of real wolves that made him "RUN DEM CHAINS!" hahaha
16 Micz
Disciple Of Rap.
Wins: 16
Losses: 6

Post by 16 Micz »

you're highly mistaken ^^ they took one of his artists chains..not his
Kurse
(Admin)

Post by Kurse »

Which artist? I thought that big-ass "NY" one was his!?
16 Micz
Disciple Of Rap.
Wins: 16
Losses: 6

Post by 16 Micz »

its a YM which stands for young money

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vL376_COuk

its his artist named TYGA.
Kurse
(Admin)

Post by Kurse »

Ahhhh...I stand corrected. Good eye.
PurleeDef
Potential Emcee
Wins: 0
Losses: 1

Post by PurleeDef »

cant stand lil wayne, i tried to listen to his shit and see what the hypes about...but its just garbage
I'm every kind of a problem, homie I carry karma inside of my soul, my body's COMPOSED of jack...
of marijuana and smoke, I'm so mad - but figure, the weed and liquor is everybody I KNOW
I ain't bipolar, my......only 2 sides are either high or sober
Tell your mom, come over
DressToKill
Rhyme Master
Wins: 1
Losses: 3

Post by DressToKill »

Mainstream has killed any form of hip hop intelligence in the world..hence lil wayne making millions along with any other bullshit commercial rapper and their sellout shit..
Dead Silence
God's Given Curse
Wins: 6
Losses: 34

Post by Dead Silence »

shit how is lil wayne shit? i mean he does the same shit. but dood got dedication in which u hafta admire.
Faith
MesaR
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 26
Losses: 35

Post by MesaR »

moral of the story is all you need is flow and delivery to make it in the bizz, what's wrong with hiphop..
..Fuck that gay shit you say on a beat..
8th
Rap Professional
Wins: 0
Losses: 1

Post by 8th »

long story short, all you have to do is grind in the game for 10+ years non stop.. No problem. Ill do it tomorrow.

I don't like his raps, but he hustles. Funny voice and ridiculous tattoos and everything aside, dude grinds.
MagicMark
Rap Assassin
Wins: 13
Losses: 14

Post by MagicMark »

some people are devoid of class... or have class, but choose to show a devoid of it when talking about lil wayne

its either... you hate him, or love him... wayne fans call him the best alive, which angers the hip hop heads / rap heads, who return in kind, by overly hating him to level it up, and thus the big difference emerges, which all helps wayne, as controversy creates cash. If the haters stopped, or he was just average, with average success, then more people would like him, but its the fact that he's either the persons favourite rapper, or just nothing...

fact is, hate on wayne cause he has no flow, has shit lyrics, has garbage credibility, cause of his voice, cause he had a ghost writer, cause he made it, when theres more talented underground cats, he freestyles about shit, cause he makes ridiculous amounts of money, cause hes famous, cause your favourite rappers all like and collab with him... hate on him if you want.. theres a million reasons....obvious some of these are untrue in the eyes of his fans, these are just some of the steretypes that non wayne fans or "haters" perceiver him to be..

like, he sold a million, why do people keep saying he garbage, maybe what YOU perceive garbage to be is wrong... ever think of that?... NO, and i MEAN... no cat, underground or shit.. would ever sell a million, a i hear people lik in this thread, hes trash, any idiot will buy him, any idiot with flow and delivery can make it.... that is pure ass.... if thats true, why isnt there a million artists selling a million, cause theres thousands of cats on soundclick and shit, fact of the matter is .. IT TAKES TALENT... AMAZING TALENT, whether it be lyrics, dedication, talent, persitance, whatever.. to sell a million, nowadays to sell a 400,000 in a week is a BIG DEAL... dude sells 425,000 -450,000 (depending on who you believe) in the FIRST DAY....

the album leaked, all the songs where avaible online, shit, i was listening to comfortable for 5 motnhs before it came out.. fact is, people bought it, cause they wanted to buy it, and it is hot.... hot because of talent or sale or whatever..

okay thats the sales and album out of the way..

dudes lyrical ability, people seem to think there is only room for certain types of rappers on the mainstream... lil wayne has proven himself to be the standout rapper and general musician for the past few years, no one has appeared on more features, put out more songs, or got more credibility in the past few years, dude is on fire, and he on fire for many reasons

he has serious dedication, talking about mkaing 3 SONGS A DAY.... imagine that.. dude made over 400 songs in 2007, some says as many as 700, i dunno, thats crazy... unbelievable.. the fact that maybe 60-80% of them are good to hot is even more incredible.. yeah your favourite rappers, big l, big pun, jay z, bigger, tupac, etc etc, they have hot songs, but shit.. have they anywhere near that output?.... no, so you cant compare, obviously sometimes ,he aint gonna be as lyrical as some others.. but what do you expect when he as output like that...

i like dudes, flow, delivery and lyrics, he gets all the best beats (imo), i can see where people are coming from, with the disagreements, but its clear the man has serious talent, whether it be lyrics, flow, or dedication etc... people have their heads up their ass, thinking they can only like the really lyrical, or not "pop/rap", wayne appeals to everyone imo, to the hardcore rap heads, and the more commerical side.. he has the style i like, the freestyle, comedy over beats type of style, he talks about a whole host of issues and different topics, obviously the bros hoes money and clothes also figure into this material lol, but it dont mean it aint hot or cant be enjoyed.

as above, dude grinds, slowly gettin fans, doing features, until finally.. he gettin the recognition he deserves... so say what you like.. but dude is doing his thing... making millions, which no one can say theyve done, or are going to do in a very long time....

dude has serious, serious talent....

say what ya'll like, weezy jus' starting...
complexity
Elevated

Post by complexity »

People have the right to hate on a rapper with a great explanation though. The simple one is that Lil Wayne is the opposite of what we all grew up on in hip hop.

Of course, we're going to hate him for it, but you can't deny the guy has his generation hooked.

That was a great little essay, if you want to write one for the front page, which would get 1000's of hits, hit me up on private message.

It's like Kobe vs Jordan.

Not comparing anyone to jordan or even Wayne to Kobe, but the same analogy.

I just can't stand people saying Kobe is this god just because he won 3 championships recently, i.e. tha carters or because he had the most points last year, i.e. tha carter III. And I could beat that analogy to death.

Dead Silence
God's Given Curse
Wins: 6
Losses: 34

Post by Dead Silence »

Wayne must of had some type of talent to get signed at the age of 12. i mean comon. love him or hate him no one can repeat what he does. he can go real mellow cool calm and collected or straight rip tracks up with that hardcore shit. no one and i repeat no one can repeat the way and the style he raps. sure maybe he says the same shit in differnt raps. but shit most of it is catchy in hes eyes and his fans. Name other artists than can do a song with a r and b singer and have ppl like it? the way he gets...his presence in the booth is just amazing. if he was just in the money he woulda retired years ago. but he didnt and you know why? because he loves rap. he married to the game. there is no one like that. jay z and nas are close but not like the way wayne does.
Faith

Return to “Hip Hop News”