Hip Hop's Future...

Argue over who has the illest punchlines in the game. What your favorite songs are, the latest albums, and any other creative idea that will inspire thought provoking conversation.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Kause mc
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 5
Losses: 2

Hip Hop's Future...

Post by Kause mc »

Well... Im bored.. So reply to my post or die.

My question to you is:

"whats Hip Hop's future hold?"

Get to posting!

My answer:
Well personally i think hip hop isnt hip hop. I mean its changing to the point were flo rida is a hip hop artist... Really? Who the hell decided that? Whos next? Chris brown? I dono. I think the game has changed for good but not for the better in most ways. Despite all this im still lovin hip hop. Its all the real shit thats still stayin up.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
bringin' heat but not the same shit your cats on
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
Losses: 3
No Shows: 1

Re: Hip Hop's Future...

Post by Alvin »

I think listeners are getting dumber, and are requiring less to be satisfied. With that happening, the bar for good hip hop is lowered and flipped, making the thoughtless lame shit on the shelf fire, and the creative in depth shit left in the overstocked section

Tha Dark Prince
Rhyme Master
Losses: 6

Post by Tha Dark Prince »

I agree with Panda.. Listerners are getting dumber.. I personally think with each new generation the sense of authentic art, beauty, moral and respect are fading, in general. Hip-Hop is an uncut reflection of our collective state of minds. I think on one hand whilst it is becoming more open minded and broad it's losing it's substance, people don't appreciate much anymore, and that shows here. Because these teens just want shit to dance to or something that they think or make to be that relates to their lives or whatever. And ofcourse teens are the biggest market in the industry. That would be clear if you look at some of the top selling artists nowadays. Even though we all are well apart of hip-hop, major artists still represent us on the biggest stages and right now they're trying too hard I feel. I see a big divide in hip-hop with a lot of confusion in the future. It's all fucked up people need to wake the fuck up

imo

pest
Iller Than Thou
Wins: 16
Losses: 15
No Shows: 6

Post by pest »

hip hop..
His Ink Pen
Helps Obliviate Pain

anyways i agree with yezz... hip hop is a culture. as long as you got street kids who run and hit walls with the rattle cans, dudes servin people up on the mic or the turns, or a guy breakin someone off in the club... hip hop will still be here man.

now, rap music tho isnt really rap. its evolution bro... its kinda like that pretty blonde virgin bitch u fukked 10 years ago. she got 20 kids and look like jaba the hut if she would lose a few pounds. look at rock... in the 50s 60s you got shit like the elvis and the beachboys. now you got bohemoth and mastadon blowing your fucking ears out giving you a headache... its not the same. you cant bitch... it happens with all music. just learn to enjoy the old shit or turn the radio off and buy some underground shit.

my thoughts

Catastropic wrote:i went to ya site on reverbnation, and i heard ya' projects bro, i must say they real damn good...
at ya' age you have a 5star skillz,
and believe you're gonna make in the music biz.
i love ya' sht...most definitely...
keep up the good work bro!
MonuMental
Hairy Scoundrel

Post by MonuMental »

Time is a factor present in every aspect of our world, (culture, society, everything, etc.) that heralds the degradation of every aspect of which it is a part. This answer should be universal enough to be applied to any musical genre or lifestyle. It's my belief that every genre is a lifestyle choice, for those zealous enough to buy into it and believe, even for lack of a better life,(whch is often the case, musical lifestyles can become the crutch, or create the need for the crutch) that what they're doing is right and that this is what can liberate them mentally, if not physically. This degradation is synonymous with the minds of the masses being dulled, as the trends give the masses a sense of purpose and direction. In short, if the masses don't shake free of the stupor of "Rap", then we're doomed to never be of relevance to anyone but ourselves. No matter how deep the message conveyed through our lyrics, or how genius our methods of composing them, dumb will not appreciate it, and this is the root of the question that you ask: The insecurity, the unknown, for the lack of direction presented to the intellectuals and the wide acceptance of stupidity. What will happen to the passion for truth and depth of meaning in the messages we aim to send? The future is in two hands, one big, one small. Guess which one of those hands we heads represent. Guess which one holds more sway over the path that this lifestyle can potentially take.. This seems to fit, for all we can really do is hypothesize and wait... Wait to see if brains win out over bang.
[center]Peel back the facade and behold a bold insanity,
With no repose or vanity, composed of inhumanity.[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Illest Awards For 2011:
Text MC of the Year- MonuMental
Class of 2011- MonuMental, Enlightend, 3rd String, CBK, and Pest
Writer of the Year- MonuMental
Written of the Year- MonuMental 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'[/center]

[center]a-series-of-unfortunate-events-vt23866.html[/center]
Tha Dark Prince
Rhyme Master
Losses: 6

Post by Tha Dark Prince »

"This degradation is synonymous
with the minds of the masses
being dulled, as the trends give
the masses a sense of purpose
and direction. In short, if the
masses don't shake free of the
stupor of "Rap", then we're
doomed to never be of relevance
to anyone but ourselves. " and everything you said dammit..
Co-sign

Defiance
Rap King
Wins: 10
Losses: 13

Post by Defiance »

im the future

Sound click page
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=918703

One of Illestlyrics Best Collaborators 2011
shadow_barz
Rookie

Post by shadow_barz »

Well hip hop is a culture but what some fail to realize is that rap is a big part of that culture. The hip hop is spread through rap music and since everyone wants something to dance to artist are mainly focusing on pleasing the crowds instead of sending a message. I feel that rap is contaminated and since rap is apart of hip hop, hip hop is contaminated as well. First the music then wat???

Return to “Hip Hop Discussion”