Who Killed Hip Hop?

Argue over who has the illest punchlines in the game. What your favorite songs are, the latest albums, and any other creative idea that will inspire thought provoking conversation.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

IntrinsicCadence
Hong Kong Phooey
Wins: 3
Losses: 3

Re: Who Killed Hip Hop?

Post by IntrinsicCadence »

Hip-hop ain't dead, it may seem malnourished and underfed, but its expanding horizons and reaching across borders. In Cuba, South Africa, all over South America, hip-hop is giving voice to voices previously silenced. U go to any country on the map and you'll find b-boys, b-girls, emcees. Some may stray corporate, but I don't give a fuck, let em do their thing, I ain't here to judge their bling. It happens with everything, but for those who actually search on their own to seek for what really speaks to their soul, their will always be plenty out there to be found. And that's only expanding, as technology becomes cheaper and access to recording equipment becomes easier, more unheard voices continue arising from all corners, some are ill, some are swill, but it's all real in some way or another. And it's all hip-hop, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
FlipSide
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Post by FlipSide »

Fuck It I DIDDIT...What!!!
BANG BANG!!!! I Shot U Down
̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪•)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ -
Maestro
Rookie
Losses: 2

Post by Maestro »

IntrinsicCadence wrote:Hip-hop ain't dead, it may seem malnourished and underfed, but its expanding horizons and reaching across borders. In Cuba, South Africa, all over South America, hip-hop is giving voice to voices previously silenced. U go to any country on the map and you'll find b-boys, b-girls, emcees. Some may stray corporate, but I don't give a fuck, let em do their thing, I ain't here to judge their bling. It happens with everything, but for those who actually search on their own to seek for what really speaks to their soul, their will always be plenty out there to be found. And that's only expanding, as technology becomes cheaper and access to recording equipment becomes easier, more unheard voices continue arising from all corners, some are ill, some are swill, but it's all real in some way or another. And it's all hip-hop, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
rap is alive and well...but HIPHOP is dead...
.....I walk across the sun barefoot lookin' for shade......
QwarterZ
Rap Professional
Wins: 4
Losses: 9

Post by QwarterZ »

and my topic still lives..alas...
frostedblake
Novice
Wins: 1
Losses: 3

Post by frostedblake »

i'd say Lil B killed hip-hop,
K KiLLaH
Rap King
Wins: 20
Losses: 5

Post by K KiLLaH »

The people who make instrumentals are KiLLing Hip Hop they keep giving the dope ones to wack ass mofukkas like wakka flocka gucci man rick ross the ying yang twins etc.... I DARE SUM1 TO ARGUE WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
blokB
Micless
Losses: 1

Post by blokB »

Radio play killed hip hop in my eyes. to each his own but if it wasnt for artists fighting over radio time i feel wed be in a different spot. hip hops roots are like the roots of any art. Creativity and self expression. too many artists take SELF expression to a level that in my eyes makes them believe there expression is the only one that counts. Video killed radio and radio killed hip hop. just my opinion.
We must always and forever have hip-hops best interest at heart. We must allow ourselves to be critical of the music and culture so that ideas and beliefs that aren’t progressive can be eliminated and made unattractive to our youth. Our allegiance to Hip Hop has to be about more than romanticized ideas of misogyny, materialism, murder and mayhem. Instead our allegiances must be rooted in what we individually and collectively determine beneficial. The story of misogyny, materialism, murder and mayhem doesn’t end well. We’ve got proof. Doing what one believes is individually and collectively beneficial may allow for a better ending. Or better yet, no ending at all.
C.I Truth
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Post by Lawgix »

K KiLLaH wrote:The people who make instrumentals are KiLLing Hip Hop they keep giving the dope ones to wack ass mofukkas like wakka flocka gucci man rick ross the ying yang twins etc.... I DARE SUM1 TO ARGUE WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
only reason they give dope instrumentals to people like u stated above is because they know that they will get pushed out to radio and put on albums and sold at Target's and Best Buy's and FYE's or whatever... and they'll make money from it too... give a sick beat to an underground artist will rip it to shreds but it won't get pushed like the mainstreamer's shit will...
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?
K KiLLaH
Rap King
Wins: 20
Losses: 5

Post by K KiLLaH »

rick ross's everyday im hustling beat shoulda been sold to jadakiss or cassidy....i said nothing about no underground a lot of wakka flockas beats should been sold to ludacris or T.I.
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Post by Lawgix »

honestly i don't really see or hear Jada on Hustlin... maybe Cassidy... i can hear maybe T.I. on some of Wacka's shit... but not Luda...
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?
The Man
All Whitey Then
Wins: 7
Losses: 2

Post by The Man »

Joe Budden ruined hip hop. Pump It Up was the dumbest song ever made.

This is what Joe Budden reminds me of --

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRkKBKyBoFM[/video]

Return to “Hip Hop Discussion”