TTT: Round One - Rum -VS- Enlightend -VS- Kau (Kau Wins)

Illest's newest topical tournament... Winner lays claim to the belt!!!

Moderators: Loon E Lou, Battle Mods

JDR
Da Punchline King
Wins: 48
Losses: 3
No Shows: 3

TTT: Round One - Rum -VS- Enlightend -VS- Kau (Kau Wins)

Post by JDR »

Round One Rules

Check In By: Sunday 11:59EST
Due By: Monday 11:59EST
Submit Verses here

5 Votes Win (3-0 is KO, 4-1 is TKO)

Voting Catagories
Flow-
Creativity -
Vocabulary -
Storytelling -

Please include a summary for your vote after the catagories

Only DETAILED VOTES ACCEPTED!

Write 7 Bars on the following....

...your a homosexual and you have to come out of the closet to your family

Goodluck...
Battle Record
40-2
2010 Awards
Illest Battler || Illest Punchline Artist || Battle of the Year -vs- Cee4
KING RUM12
Rhyme Master
Wins: 3
Losses: 8

Re: TTT: Round One - Rum -VS- Enlightend -VS- Kau

Post by KING RUM12 »

Check...thats a iffy topic...
-_sarcastically speaking_-

Kau the Lion
Boobs Indeed
Wins: 29
Losses: 10

Post by Kau the Lion »

Check.

That's a gay topic.
Enlightend
Poetically Speaking
Wins: 17

Post by Enlightend »

Eh Check
[center]-The Elitists-[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
Speakers
For The Dead
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Post by Speakers »

Kau The Lion

These knots in my stomach got me grimacing. I'm feeling awfully sick again.
Just wondering, could someone in . . . my position not be innocent?

No one deserves to be hurt and it shouldn't . . . but if you knew my family...
NO! I can't make excuses, damnit. They need to accept me for who I am: It's me.

I didn’t choose the way I was born. So, why do some heap on the hate and the scorn?
I should be able, to hold my head high, instead I feel guilty for breaking the norm.

If I confess there might be others like me, to show the support I need.
Or I might just get shunned by everyone with their own insecurities.

It's why I've held this secret close, but the time has come; they need to know.
I'll open up, to those I love . . . No longer will I fear reproach.

I've called those closest to start this meeting. Ready for them to part, retreating.
They look confused and a bit worried. Can they hear how fast my heart is beating?

I’m hardly breathing. Hoping for the best, but only expecting the worst.
Trepidation at what’s next, but I have to tell my wife and kids I’m homosexual first.

-vs-

King Rum

The illest listeners walking into a room with Kau telling his parents how hes gay (crying screaming yelling)

Kau: mom dad i can't help what I do, I Like guys and I'm sorry u didn't have a clue...
Dad: is this shit really True?! kau you cannot be serious...
Kau: Dad I was just a little curious, one day i was furious my girl was on her period, and enlightened comforted me...
Mom: So much that you had to get on your knees??
please what about that girl..
Kau: I liked her as a friend but enlightened changed my world...and I'm still confused I can't pick and choose..
even if i pick women i still feel like i lose...
Mom: Kau listen....you never was this way but i respect your decision....
Dad: You like BOYS and you expect us to stop BITCHIn!!! are we suppose to have a conversation on who's catching or PITCHIN!!
Kau: I don't expect you to understand, your a different kinda man! and I'm a different kind male...
Dad: did you know gays go to hell, its a sin to do this i feel like i have a daughter in jail.. and you can't make bail because your in love with male...
Kau:Dad why can't u be rash...
Dad: Coz u like takin it in the ass..

-vs-

Enlightend

I've read and reread the graphite on the page, closed my eyes to see my wife in a rage
its like my life is a maze ive wrote so many letters, problem is that i just write then erase
see ive tried to escape, but just when i think that im close then my path it just dead ends,
cause i know what that hurt is, being deserted and you have always been my best friend
feelings ive kept in, i tried to suppress how i felt, now its ripped my heart till my chest's ground
and it is dying to be let out, now i feel i am late, but why did i wait, it not like this was just found
i guess i didnt want to let down my family, but instead i made it worse by fuckin up your life
me wanting men is something absurd right even against my self i have mustard up pure spite
my words, there salty but true, read through the tears, and please believe that i love you
u must have seen that i struggled and that this feeling is something i so wish i could undue
now in ur hands ur grasping my last notion, sorry i wrote it down but its a fact im past broken
but for once i know as im hanging gasping and choking... that at least my actions have spoken
JDR
Da Punchline King

Post by JDR »

Voting Catagories
Flow- Kau
Creativity - Light
Vocabulary - Light
Storytelling - Kau

Kau
Excellent verse! I really liked your storytelling. You stayed completely on point and hit the topic hard and it really showed. Your verse was really easy to follow.

King
Being uncomfortable really showed in your verse. To act scared by putting yourself in a first point of view is pointless, especially when it's a topical battle. If you wanna be taken serious in these types of battles in the future, you gotta put your heart into it more and willing to write about anything.

Light
I liked your verse. Storytelling was dope and it was easy to follow. The multies and different schemes you used were nice. Overall, decent verse

IMO, It came down to light and Kau. Both were pretty much neck and neck but MVGT Kau. He just seemed to nail the topic just a bit more. Really close battle though.
Battle Record
40-2
2010 Awards
Illest Battler || Illest Punchline Artist || Battle of the Year -vs- Cee4
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
No Shows: 1

Post by Alvin »

KauTheLion- Best part of your story was the ending, the fact that it ended... lol, just playing. The tell my family, wife and kids. Somehow, i invisioned the writer a teenager the whole time, cuz adults dont worry about shit like "the norm", but the spouse and kids was a nice twist.

King Rum- Well, ill give it to you, creative way to spin the topic, especially after complaining so much that you didnt want to sound gay and give future battles ammo and what not. BUT, you rather gave up a few catagories in the way you delivered the story man. Flow being the important one. NOt a bad twist though, tieng in both opponents, nice style if you would.

Enlightend- "but for once i know as im hanging gasping and choking... that at least my actions have spoken" <- That can be read SOOOO wrong lol. Ok, not a bad piece man, nicely weaved story, about being gay lol. Sounds heart felt, close to home maybe? lol. Just playing, pretty dope man, not too shabby.

Ok, no offence, but king, i think you spent too much time not coming off as gay, that it really effected your writing... maybe seeing you all over the shout and other threads added to the homophobia aspect. So honestly, for me, this came between Kau and Enlightend. By the cats suggested:

Flow- I think Kau may have edged it with shorter bars, both had hiccups, but the longer lines make it more noticable.
Creativity - I want to say tie, both came extremely nice at the topic.
Vocabulary - Enlightend, a bit more than Kau
Storytelling - Enlightend, the suicide letter method description edged this for you.

Damn, this was or is hard to pick a winner, it comes down to which one I like more: "tell wife and kids" or "suicide letter". Everything else is a bit too close to say hands down, even if the cats say otherwise. Thats seriously what it comes down to lol, "tell wife and kids" or "suicide letter".

Well, "suicide letter"

+1 Enlightend
CBK
Rap Assassin
Wins: 9
Losses: 18

Post by CBK »

mvgt kau.

im gonna disregard king rum from the voting all together as he didnt stay on topic an resorted to a full on weak diss attempt./lame

kau'ss flow was easier an more effective than lights.. or rums...

given the topic i would say kau came more effectively with his story, showing the effects it had on others light tried this aswell but ifeel it was more about him than other peoples reaction to coming out.

overall enjoyment i would also give to kau, not because of content i think both were equal in that case, but because of his layout the two bar style is much easier to read an grasp the flow.

overall when taking rums battle bars out of the equation this was a close one...but mvgt kau, an im fast becoming a fan of his shit.

its like my life is a maze ive wrote so many letters, problem is that i just write then erase <<< my fave line overall nice drop light i just feel that with a different, simpler layout you would have taken this.
Last edited by CBK on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
CBK
Rap Assassin
Wins: 9
Losses: 18

Post by CBK »

i see what ya saying rum but there is a time an place for dissing an thats in the battle grounds, i know i used a reference to my opponent in my verse, an i could see what you were getting at with ya creativeness there, but put simply it wasnt good enough. even if you disregard what the topic was itself, your bars were basically weak, stretched, barely rhymed and your structure was allover the place.maybe if you had put more effort into the same idea it might have paid of , unfortunately it didnt this time

much respect for not no showing tho truth be told you guys had the hardest topic for the first round.
Quix
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 89
Losses: 29

Post by Quix »

I enjoyed this.

Here it is,

Kau: Great story telling, this was dope because IMO it was complex and creative enough to win ... but accompanied with the flashes of flow. Great verse

Rum:I was a bit confuesed...and agree that you had an "interesting spin" on the topic. lol. You had bits and pieces were i was like "ok" but then ... yeah. Not so good. Now remember who is in this battle with you before you read what i write and jump off a bridge (jokes) but Light and Kau were litterally allmost flawless. So stay up man, and keep doing yah thang

Light: I liked what you did with this. Very creative in my oppinion with sort of a unique delivery at times...which was dope! you had a great delivery and IMO it came down to you and Kau.

Flow: Very close between Kau n Light but KAU gets it!
Creativity: TIE Kau n Light
Vocabulary: Light
Story Telling: Kau

Overall: Kau

thats my vote Take it or leave it :shock:
Real Recognize Real ... who dah Fuck is you???

Awards:
2009 Text diss of the year
2009 Most Hated
2011 Battler Of the Year
JDR
Da Punchline King

Post by JDR »

3-1-0 Uppin