Kurse VS Mass Effekt (Kurse Wins via TKO)

Here is where you can find all of our past beat battles, a lot good, some not so good -- check em out!

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

Kurse VS Mass Effekt (Kurse Wins via TKO)

Post by Kurse »

Mass contacted me on the PM and asked me if I'd be interested in participating in a Production Battle. So I figured I'd step out of retirement for just a moment to show that I'm still a force to be rekoned with not only on the mic, but on the keyboard!

BATTLE CONCEPT- Latin Influence Hip-Hop Beat.

Vote's just like any other battle apply. 3-0 KO ; 4-1 TKO

Explain your votes, beats due this Friday night 01-09-10

(Anything production posted by myself will be under copyright and not allowed for re-distrubution, altering or use for monetary benifit; All productions posted by me and produced by ME and are legally owned by Anger Manij'ment Entertainment Incorperated.)

**[01-06-10] - Props to my lovely daughter for the production-tag. This beat came out hot...think I'ma use it on my new album lol ...I'm only leaving a snippet of it (with production tags) for safety reasons. I work hard on my material...don't need niggaz stealin it lol
Attachments
latin beat battle.mp3
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 464 times
Mass Effex
Rap Assassin
Wins: 3
Losses: 10

Re: Kurse VS Mass Effekt (Production Battle)

Post by Mass Effex »

Check, good luck.

Edit #1:Beat Attached
Attachments
Latin2.mp3
(6.27 MiB) Downloaded 449 times
Last edited by Mass Effex on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inquisition Symphony
Kurse
(Admin)

Post by Kurse »

Check OnE, Check tWo...good luck to you as well. I'll have mine ready soon. I'll map it out tonight when I get home from work and most likely structure it and have it ready by tomorrow. I'm a pro...I work fast. lol
Mass Effex
Rap Assassin

Post by Mass Effex »

Alright, I'll probably have my shit done by tonight too.
Inquisition Symphony
HKX
Hard-Kore-X

Post by HKX »

dis is finna be sick right here haha
Mass Effex
Rap Assassin

Post by Mass Effex »

Alright, I dropped, attached it to my first post.
Inquisition Symphony
HKX
Hard-Kore-X

Post by HKX »

hope you put me on a track soon nigga haha holla me ur daughter got off ahah
Riggz
Rap King
Wins: 16
Losses: 8

Post by Riggz »

HOOOOLLLY SHIAT, THIS WAS TIIIIIIGHT! You creative ass muthafuckaz you! Ok... I don't how TOYH just straight out said this was all Kurse cause this was far from a "BLOW-OUT"! Dude, my kids were jammin to this. Both ran into the room like "aaaaah snap"... Ok, so the oldest liked Mass's and the youngest liked Kurse.. hilarious. I asked them what they liked about them.. The oldest liked all the sounds in Masses (said it was rockin), and the youngest liked the "you're listening to the sounds of Kurse"! A lot of good those two did me.
So here's my critisizm:
Kurse, you didn't bring the beat in until the 30 second mark so it seemed sort of monotonous.. but when it finally did.. it was classic Latino Papi!

Mass, your sample was not nearly as good as Kurse's; however you mixed that shit hella nice man! Especially the intro.

I'm going to go with the one I'd like to actually drop some shit on, and with that mix that Mass put in and the full sounds of the bells and chimes... I'm going to go with Mass

But got damn, I could rock both them joints... i mean honestly guys.. this was just a coin toss. Heads or fukin tails man.

Fukin' Battle of the year right here! Fukin' sleepers!

--edited--
Damn i'm still listening to them.. and I have to say that Kurses was more latino but Mass's was closer to hip hop/latino/jazz.. shit just keep the vote as it is. 1 to fukin 1... let somebody else break the tie shit!
ILL Flow - thieves-vt15638.html
aka aL-b
"SHMUKS"
REBIRTH of the FIGHT CLUB... Say it with me!
Mass Effex
Rap Assassin

Post by Mass Effex »

Thanks for voting fellas, and kurse, if you feel like mine doesn't really fit the latino vibe, you can make the voting 2 to 1 in your favor. I'm not really into Latin music that much, so I pretty much just went with what sounded a little spanish.
Inquisition Symphony
YungDosia
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 23
Losses: 11

Post by YungDosia »

Kurse...

liked the beat man...i suck at making beats so props for just being able to...

beat was cool, intro was a lil choppy and fell offf beat a few times but other then that nothin really wrong with it EXCEPT...i didnt like the repetitive ness of the beat wish u woulda switched it up a bit.

MASS...
listening now...and like the way its starting intro is tight...not sure if its latin vibish enuff but definately nice beat. like the breakdown also!

OVERALL...
No hate, but im going with mass...liked his beat more changed it up a lot more and instruments were on point...the breakdowns and dropping of the beat took this one for me...kurse if u would of switched it up wouldve been very very hard for me to make a dicision. but mass i really liked the beat and i said before wasnt latin enuff but i heard those latin style instruments u broke it down with in that one part!

good shit both u and nice battle

vote-Mass

keep um coming
Your Okay....Im A Beast.
Yomommaspimp wrote:Dosia wins everything...there's a video on youtube where chuck norris attempts to roundhouse kick youngdosia...sadly chuck is in the hospital with a broken leg.

DOSIA THE GOAT!
Mass Effex
Rap Assassin

Post by Mass Effex »

Yeah, it may not have been latin enough, like everyone keeps saying. I feel kinda guilty about it. I sampled a Latin track, but I guess just the parts I sampled when put together changed the music scale up.
Last edited by Mass Effex on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inquisition Symphony
Kurse
(Admin)

Post by Kurse »

Well we're lookin for the better "latin influenced" Hip-Hop beat, but who knows...everyone hears sumthin different.

I didn't think I'd have to explain mine...but incase you guys didn't notice, I didn't post the full beat...just a snippet. Intro...verse...hook and then fades out. Seeing how the whole beat isn't posted...you're not going to hear as many change-ups or beat drops in mine as you will Mass' due to the length of our drops.

Not only listen to change-ups...but listen for the little things that make a production wholesome. Such as the instruments. Mine is key's in a latin Plena rythm, I used marraca shakers, sambo drums, acoustic guitar, a faint cow-bell as few as other traditional latin instruments.

It's whatever though. 2 Votes to 1 in favor of Mass.
Mass Effex
Rap Assassin

Post by Mass Effex »

Well if I end up winning, and you don't feel I deserved it, we can go at this again with a different style.
Inquisition Symphony
Kurse
(Admin)

Post by Kurse »

I'm not worried about it, I can accept a win or loss however it comes. I'm just afraid that some people don't really know what to listen for in productions in order to judge it.
But I did say categories weren't neccessary, that people should judge by what they hear and what moves them. So that's what it is.
Viral
Mentally Unstable
Mentally Unstable
Wins: 5
Losses: 1

Post by Viral »

all i have to say is...

Kurse urs was more like salsa type dancing it seemed to me...u know some romantic shit

Mass urs sounded like some fuckin ballroom dancing shit....like from "The Mask" and shit

but their both very latin...im just not voting..HAAAA!!!

Return to “Closed Beat Battles”