ER215 vs. Loon E Lou (Loon wins TKO)

Here is where you can find all of our past audio battles, a lot good, some not so good -- check em out!

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Loon E Lou
Fuck You, Pay Me
Wins: 11
Losses: 6

ER215 vs. Loon E Lou (Loon wins TKO)

Post by Loon E Lou »

How To Quit Your Job

TOPICAL CATEGORIES:

Flow
Delivery
Storytelling
Creativity
Multi's
Breath Control

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
ER215
Rhyme Master
Wins: 9
Losses: 9

Re: ER215 vs. Loon E Lou (topical)

Post by ER215 »

HOW TO QUIT YOUR JOB SOUNDS GOOD... ARE YOU GOING TO POST THE TRACK TOO? OR ARE WE CHOOSING OUR OWN TRACK?

All my girls be model hot/ Yea your girl she probably not....
Loon E Lou
Fuck You, Pay Me

Post by Loon E Lou »

Ok lets post our own track so we can keep shit movin. Due date thursday. Or earlier if possible.

HOW TO QUIT YOUR JOB

-- Tue May 17, 2011 11:55 pm --

is this still good??

check, if i havent
Loon E Lou
Fuck You, Pay Me

Post by Loon E Lou »

ENJOY! :D

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/loonelou831/i-quit[/soundcloud]
ER215
Rhyme Master
Wins: 9
Losses: 9

Post by ER215 »

HEY MAN SRY FOR THE DELAY.. ILLEST WASN'T LETTING ME LOG IN AND WAS SAYING THE SERVER WAS DOWN.... BUT HERE IT GOES THOUGH.. (NOW TO LISTEN IN ON YOURS)

ER - I QUIT - http://twitrax.com/s/97eivu

OR

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_8681847

Same song though...
All my girls be model hot/ Yea your girl she probably not....
Kau the Lion
Boobs Indeed
Wins: 29
Losses: 10

Post by Kau the Lion »

This was all around very close. Both came with very different aesthetics. Delivery was on point from both sides as well as flow. I like the story each told as well. I think the one difference that stood out was ER's rhyme scheme, though. It was more complex and gave him the edge in this battle, IMO.

+1 ER215
HKX
Hard-Kore-X
Wins: 3
Losses: 0

Post by HKX »

ER215
Da beat u picked was nice sad as hell my only prob is that I felt like your presence wasn't in it as much as Loon E's was. I like your rhyme scheme & storytelling was a aight 2 me didn't stand out as much as Loon E's did. Overall your track was decent for this battle you stayed on topic & I felt like you did your best. You could've upped the creativity up a lil bit more I think Loon E got you on dat. You have the flow down it's jus presence you're missing I think if you work on that you could bang out tracks wit ease. Keep droppin' I hope 2 hear more 4rm you & see how you progress on Illest.

Loon E Lou
I like da beat you used, ur whole verse was krazy. U sounded like you really hated ur job I think u might hate it 4 real not even sure lol. Ur presence was ill as always & da storytelling was bananas u had all different types of things in urs & da creativity outshined ER215's track. Overall I liked urs better then ER215's also urs stood out 2 me da most outta da 2.

Flow- Tie (both had a good flow 2 da beat they picked)
Delivery- Loon E Lou
Storytelling- Loon E Lou
Creativity- Loon E Lou
Multi's- Loon E Lou
Breath Control- Tie (didn't hear no 1 fall off)

Vote- Loon E Lou
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
Losses: 3
No Shows: 1

Post by Alvin »

I'm not even going to lie, after listening to Loon E Lou's track, I thought it was case closed......But its not.

The topic is "how to quit your Job" ... But both seemed to describe their reasons why to quit a job. Sure both talked about quitting a job, but neither really said "-how to- quit a job" past the face value... Makes me sad.

Loon E Lou - The animation is prolly the pinnacle in this track. The inner monologue is dope and makes for a good listen. The energy is dope... Beat selection is a pretty good match for your style of delivery... although i will admit, i have no idea what the sample is saying. Your story is pretty well told, but as for the topic how to quit you job, i guess i would have liked to see something a little more in depth, it felt as though your topic should have been "quitting your job" instead of "how to". The one thing i did want to point out, which is where ER definitely out shined you was the rhyme scheme... I KNOW its your "swagger" (lol) that lets you write as you do... but ill point out the first thing i noticed about your rhyme scheme:
"maaan, another fucking day, i cant believe I'm still doing this,
four years waking up half drunk, for what,
another half asleep drive to work, to rock a fake smile,
fuck that today's going to be different the end starts now."
Delivered you sound fine man, your style makes it fit, but honestly, i don't think it rhymes much... the pattern all together in the song does that here and there, so i would have liked to see some more intricate rhyme schemes.

ER215 - Talk about the opposite side of the spectrum... Your quality is eh... but ill push that aside like some expired milk. The beat really does it for me man, i couldn't have picked better myself. I can appreciate your rhyme scheme man and choice of words, for example, rhyming retail instead of saying you knocked stuff over or whatever. The pattern at the beginning of the second verse is dope as shit man, but after the change up, it almost made me feel like you rode the rhythm to a read it stand point. Lyrically i have no issues, but the same with Loon, your song is about you quitting your job and the reasons why, not so much as thee topic states: How To. The hook was on point man, i like how elevated you came with the rhymes on the hook instead of dumbing it down. I would have also liked to see more rhymes come in at the end, instead of you talking for like the last 30 seconds of the track. Not that its bad, but verse one had a nice pattern, verse 2 you upped it up some... then i waited for the climax that never came, especially during that bridge on verse 3. Dope track regardless man, just the complete opposite of your opponent.

So for cats:

Flow - tie - neither fell off...
Delivery - Loon - I'm going with loon because of the animation.
Storytelling - tie - Both told the same story, just two opposite sides of the spectrum.
Creativity - loon - Loons animation put his story line over the top in creativity.
Multi's - ER - hands down man, you have some nice rhyme schemes.
Breath Control - tie - no faults on either side.

So even though Loon get my vote... It wasn't by much. Props to both muther fuckers for bringing heat to the table.
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

first time i think i've heard a topical for audio, good shit

Flow - ER (felt a little more calm so i liked that chill feel)
Delivery - Loon ( i like that it was all hyped up as usual)
Storytelling - Tie (two diff. approaches, one was more realistic but thats all)
Creativity - Loon (your shit had me laughin from the adlibs lol)
Multi's - ER (nothing impressive but loon didn't seem to have much)
Breath Control - Tie (didn't notice any faults here)

by categories i felt you were both pretty equal,aside from liking the beat more, i have to say i had a better time listening to loon's as oppose of ER's, this was a pretty close battle as far as topicals go, and could've gone either way, entertainment is what made me come to decision

vote: loon
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Post by Lawgix »

Flow - its a tie... both of em flowed well on their tracks...
Delivery - man i'll give it to Loon E Lou... ER did okay but it was bland and kinda boring at times... not the content but the flow of it was like ZzZzZ no hating just tellin the truth
Storytelling - Loon hands DOWN! that reminded me of some Old School Early Slim Shady LP Eminem shit man.... GREAT story even tho it wasn't real haha
Creativity - Loon E Lou...
Multi's - Tied Up
Breath Control - Tied Up

i give this to Loon man... his shit was more comical and well thought out... i listen to his track and its something he could put on an album n everybody would bump it... haha... good shit tho to ER man speakin on some real shit... but we hear real stuff a lot... not too much but a lot... it all comes from the heart man but you had a tight track... but Loon just str8 killed it for me haha....

good job to both of you

4-1 Loon Uppin Or Loon Wins.... If You Wanna Wait For A 5th Vote... Then Its Ready To Be Upped If Not CLOSE THIS SHIT MAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!! haha
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
Losses: 3
No Shows: 1

Post by Alvin »

-Thread Closed & Records Updated-

Loon E Lou wins TKO 4-1

Return to “Closed Audio Battles”