ER VS leeroi Green (ER wins KO)

Here is where you can find all of our past audio battles, a lot good, some not so good -- check em out!

Moderator: Loon E Lou

ER215
Rhyme Master
Wins: 9
Losses: 9

ER VS leeroi Green (ER wins KO)

Post by ER215 »

You know I said I was going to wait until Sunday... But why?? Consider this my check...

-- Thu May 12, 2011 2:18 am --

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_8574823

That's the track link..... Happy listening

Lyrics

Hook
The Angel, The Demons
The Truth, The Lies
The Savior, Creator
The Death, Despise (x4)

Devil (The verse is purposely distorted)
Your honor I was cased away right by his own hand/ For not showing fear and becoming my own man/ You paint me as a villain and I just wonder why/ you humans all useless all it took was a lie/ I yearned to be at his side, share thoughts with your savior/ he sent to hell we used you as our wagers/ I fell just because pride, desire to be a god/ ultimately under his control so why do I even try/

God
My child, I made you in thy image/ thus you showed resistance 6th day of the beginning/ I could of just ended your existence, I didn't/ I just sent you off in hopes to end your sinning/ God enough to take corrupting my first creations/ you posing as a serpent in the garden started hatred/ you did it so blatant, destroying where they lived/ think that was my goal when I made her from his ribs?/

The Angels, The Demons
The Truths, The Lies
The Savior, Creator
The Death, Despise (x4)
All my girls be model hot/ Yea your girl she probably not....
leeroi green
Rap Assassin
Wins: 12
Losses: 13
No Shows: 1

Re: ER VS leeroi Green

Post by leeroi green »

check i'll try to drop sooner than sunday

-- Thu May 12, 2011 1:54 pm --

blokb let me hold this beat enjoy NO VOTING BASED ON QUALITY
-- Thu May 12, 2011 2:14 pm --

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/leeroi-green/blokbeatleeroi[/soundcloud]
Loon E Lou
Fuck You, Pay Me
Wins: 11
Losses: 6

Post by Loon E Lou »

awwww man. ummmm ok.

ER215: i REALLY like the scheme you came up with. very well thought out. just wish you woulda executed it a lil better delivery wise. you sounded pretty monotone, which kinda made the song drag. the hook was nice tho. good shit on that.

Leeroi: as much as i dont wanna base it on quality, i think your quality really fucked you. on a lighter note tho, i liked your flow alot better. you really attacked the beat and put more emotion into it. better substance woulda gave you my vote. maybe postin your lyrics as well. regardless of quality, uppin your vocals a couple notches woulda made listening a little easier.

ill have to go with ER215 on this one. his overall outlook on the subject really took it for me. Leeroi, if you need help on some editing/quality/mixing, let me know man.

good job fellas.

mvgt ER215.
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
Losses: 3

Post by Alvin »

ER215...

The concept of having the verse a conversation with god and the devil is dope on its own... The way you used theatrics for a judge gave it the proper perspective. The conversation itself wasn't too complicated or in depth, but it was sufficient to get clear points across in the disagreement. The attempt to mildew the sound quality of the devils voice in comparison to the smoothness in gods is noted... sounded strange more that anything, but i could see what you were going for.

Leeroi Green...

Ok, a nice bible reading as an opener. It starts a conversation with good, not bad, kinda took the topic at face value... Um, im going to be honest, i didn't want to vote on quality, but i cant understand you towards the end. Its great until about half way through. I can look past the cracks, and the pops, and distortions, but... its hard for me to look past you being inaudible there at the end... not really sure what happened there. So even though it started great, flow was smooth, QUALITY ASIDE, i just couldn't make out what you said at the end. You prolly could have benefited from posting your lyrics lol. I battled once with dookie quality, and i won based off of the lyrics, they weren't able to make out what i said, but they were able to flow it as they read it. Maybe loon can help you out.

Overall, not a bad battle. The ending really messed it up for you leeroi, and ER, a little more emotion on the god part and you'd be solid.

MVGT ER215
Dos
Novice
Wins: 2
Losses: 1

Post by Dos »

ER..
beginning was cool, with the lil intro, but the outro being the same thing was blah. your quality was nice, but the effect you put on the 1st verse as the devil was bad.. at parts your dubs would sound louder. an it just didn't put the right sound on it. maybe a different effect woulda done it. flow wise, this was ok.. some parts were off, others (for the most part) were on. nice way to come at the topic, which was fresh. thats probably the best thing about the track as a whole, but if you woulda executed it better and if the time limit on this battle was longer im sure it would have been quite nice. the hook was reasonably done well as well. props on that, it kinda added a nice touch to it.

Green..
quality is always an aspect of voting, whether or not you use it as a part of voting criteria. quality will add to dislike or enjoyment of a track. your quality was horrible, which is good.. so it doesn't take away a lot of enjoyment.. but the levels you had your vocals at was horrible.
content was ok, not really a great angle to come at this sort of topic with. it was cliche. flow was so-so.. basically the same as ER's. you had some dubs in there that definitely not on the same flow as your verse. thats a no-no, imo. your ending was probably the best part of it. this was just an "ok" type of track, nothing great nothing horrible.

vote: ER.
just a better over-all track compared to Green. both had a lot of area's where they could have better their track, i just think that ER's was better topic wise. everything else was kinda on the same level.
keep at it guys. decent battle.
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
Losses: 3

Post by Alvin »

-Thread Closed & Records Updated-

ER215 wins KO

Return to “Closed Audio Battles”