Wimbledon 2008

Talk about professional sports including basketball, baseball, football, and hockey. Advocate your favorite teams, post news, and address rumors.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, JDR

Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 38
Losses: 7

Wimbledon 2008

Post by Momeijah »

So Far We've Seen The #3 Ranked Seed Djokovic Eliminated in a PISS POOR Match Against Marrot Safin (Or However His 1st Name is Spelled). Both Didn't Really Gain Any Momentum And Safin Was Just Making it Hard For Djokovic Who is One Of The Best Servers in The World Today, Even Better Than Federer Or Nadal. Well He Definitely Wasn't Showing His Skill Yesterday, But Against Safin i Think His Whole Style is a Bit Redundant, Since They're Both Similar With Safin Having a Tremendous Return Advantage And Well... Just More Power.

Very Disappointing Match But Safin is Always One To Surprise, He's Been in The Top 10 Now He's Barely in The Top 100, And at 28 u Think He Can Pull it Off?

But The Game That Caught My Eye Was Between The Women's #1 Seed Ana ivanovic And Natalie Dechy. i Was Literally On The Edge Of My Seat Lmao And Womens Tennis Usually Sucks Balls (Lol Tennis Balls). in The 2nd Set Dechy Had TWO Match Points She Couldn't Capitalise On Because ivanovic Just Wasn't Letting Her Win. Both Played an Excellent Game That Lasted Just Over 3 Hours, Dechy Showed She Definitely Wasn't 'Yesterday's News'.

Like Djokovic vs Safin, we Had Two Powerful Players Against Each Other, ivanovic's Service And Forehand Were incredible, if i Remember Correctly She Scored 14 Aces in The Match. What's Even More incredible Was For The Entire Match, Dechy Was Doing a Great Job On Returning These Monsterous Shots, Turning Defense into Attack And Keeping Scores Even Till The Match Ended Pretty Much.

in The Last Set They Had 5 Games Each (in The Aforementioned Set) And ivanovic Just Couldn't Put Her Away (Because at This Point She'd Need To Be 2 Games Ahead To Win) And That Wasn't Happening. Every Game ivanovic Took, Dechy Took One Back! ivanovic Finally Won By 10 Games To 8 And i Can Definitely Understand Why Dechy Was in Tears at The End, Playing So Great (And Having 2 Match Points) But Still Losing (Barely).

i Really Do Have High Hopes For ivanovic Though, She's Only 20 And Packs Great Power And Consistency When it Comes To The Rallys. i Don't Think She'll Win Wimbledon This Year (Who Knows?) But in a Couple Of Years When Her Style is More Defined, She Could Well Become a Legend. Maybe Not Though, But if She Keeps On This Path She Won't Be Forgotten Fast Like Maria Sharapova Whom The Hype Has Long Died Over.

Nadal To Win!

AKA SCOTCH HALL, MOE MEIJER & MOMEIJAH.
Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist

Post by Momeijah »

Lol Wut? im Gnna Update This Shit in a Sec Lemme Gather The Energy For a Long Ass Post.

Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist

Post by Momeijah »

Ok SO YESTERDAY Was an Extremely Eventful Day Over at Wimbledon. Two Big Names, Maria Sharapova and Andy Roddick Are Ouuuuuut in Something Of a Rocky Balboa Day, i Mean The Underdogs Were Getting All The Attention. Let's Start With Murray vs Malisse.

Murrsy is a Player ive Not Really Been Looking Out For This Year Due To Him Being British Etc. id Rather Read His Results The Next Day instead Of Going Apeshit at The TV When He Loses. Well So Far He Hasn't Even Lost a Set in Wimbledon This Year, and Malisse is a Quality Opponent. i Never Watched Much Of That Match But Chances That Malisse Had Early On Soon Vanished as Murray Swept The Shit.

a Match i Was Getting Pissed at Would Be Rafael Nadal (Whom i Want To Win) vs Ernests Gulbis. EVERYTIME Gulbis Had 1st Serve He Outmatched Nadal (Who is Left Handed), But When Nadal Got 1st Serve He'd Take The Game. So Watching That Shit Became Tedious After a While Because Nadal Just Wasn't Taking a Strong Lead. Although Gulbis Lost, He is Definitely a Player To Watch Out For in Other Tournaments, He Did Well Against Nadal's Power And Speed, And Had The #2 Worried.

Now For The Match i Watched The Whole Way Through Chainsmoking Joints Out Of Sheer Worry. Unknown Brit Chris Eaton (Ranked Like 661) vs Dmitry Tursanov, Who is Ranked 33. On Paper This Looked Like an Easy Day at The Office For The Tempramental Tursanov, But Eaton Definitely Did impress, Especially in The 1st Set Which He Barely Lost. it Was All Downhill From There Though, He Lost The Next 2 Sets And The Match But The Lesson Here is He's Went From Playing For Fuck All To Giving a World Class Player Trouble. He Scored Like 14 Aces in The Match And Once Again These Two Were Similar When it Came To Power, Tursanov Being That Little Bit Harder To Handle. He Will Definitely Learn From This And Come Back Stronger, Good To See This Kind Of Talent Come Out Of Nowhere (And He's British!) Also i Think Tursanov Should Do Quite Well This Year, His Service And Return Are Definitely Some Of The Most Dangerous Out There.

Two Time Finallist Andy Roddick Lost in 4 Sets (And a Tie Breaker) Against Underdog Serbian Janko Tipsarevic. i Only Started Watching This Match When it Came To The Tiebreaker But Janko Looks Pretty Strong, Especially When it Comes To Capitalising On a Rally.

Venus Williams Beat The British #1 in 2 Sets, i Didn't Watch it.

Maria Sharapova Lost To The Extremely Unattractive Alla Kudryavtseva. i Didn't Watch Much Of This But u Could Tell Sharapova Was Pissed Due To Her Scowl And Louder-Than-Usual YEEEAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHSSSSS. Another Fairytale Ending.

Marrot Safin's Sister Dinara Safina Beat Su-Wei Hsieh in 2 Sets, i Didn't Watch.

UNBELIEVABLY UNATTRACTIVE Lindsay Davenport (Who is Always a Threat) Quit Against Gisela Dulko, i Definitely Can't See Her Winning Another Wimbledon.

a Very Dramatic Day!

LadySam
Lady Warlord
Wins: 6
Losses: 3

Post by LadySam »

Hewitt needs to win another Wimbledon. Sadly, he wont. Cunt.

Return to “Sports Arena”