Terrell Owens Missed Random Drug Test

Talk about professional sports including basketball, baseball, football, and hockey. Advocate your favorite teams, post news, and address rumors.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, JDR

Dead Silence
God's Given Curse
Wins: 6
Losses: 34

Terrell Owens Missed Random Drug Test

Post by Dead Silence »

Terrell Owens acknowledged Monday having missed a random drug test several weeks ago, blaming it on a "communication problem involving cell phone numbers."

He also said he was in New York last week talking about his absence with league officials the day he agreed to a $34 million new contract with the Dallas Cowboys.

"I'm not really worried about anything," Owens said Monday afternoon in an interview with The Associated Press. "It's not a big deal. Anything I do is going to grab headlines. I have nothing to hide. I've made a statement and that's it. It's basically a dead issue."

In the rest of the statement, Owens said: "It was openly discussed and cleared up in a meeting that I had at the NFL office last week. I have been in the NFL for over 12 years and have never had a positive test for substance of any kind. That includes tests that took place as recently as last month. The matter was resolved to everyone's satisfaction last Tuesday, and everyone has moved on."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true
Faith

Return to “Sports Arena”