Kentucky Wildcats

Talk about professional sports including basketball, baseball, football, and hockey. Advocate your favorite teams, post news, and address rumors.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, JDR

Kuhlerblynd
But I See Right Thru You
Wins: 43
Losses: 8
No Shows: 2

Kentucky Wildcats

Post by Kuhlerblynd »

For those who don't know, I am a huge fan of the historical University of Kentucky Wildcats, and have watched them every year for something like 19 years...

Anyone with any knowledge of college basketball will be able to tell me what they think about this, I'm sure.

For the third year in a row, Coach Cali (my nickname for him cuz I think he tries to look 'Hollywood') has had the number one rated freshmen class in the NCAA. The first class consisted of the 'phenoms' John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins, both top ten picks in the NBA draft, as well as Daniel Orton and Eric Bledsoe, also first round picks in the draft. That team lost in the final 8 of the NCAA tournament.

Last year, he brought in Doron Lamb, Brandon Knight, and Terrence Jones. In the eyes of alot of people, that class WAS number one for freshmen, but not the talent of the prior team (mentioned above). However, this team had alot more heart in my eyes, and made it to the Final Four. They didnt win a championship, though.

This year, Coach Cali was able to keep Lamb and Jones from leaving for the NBA, and at the same time brought in Anthony Davis (touted by many scouts as the number one freshman in the country), Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Marquis Teague, and Kyle Wiltjer. All of these freshmen were receivers of or nominated for many, many awards in high school.

So... Let's debate... After beating then ranked number 13 in the nation Kansas (and I do mean BEAT them. Kentucky was ahead by 20 points nearly the entire game.) and pulling out a victory from number five ranked North Carolina (after being behind nearly the ENTIRE game. Also, North Carolina began the season ranked number one in the country.), do you think that the current number one ranked team in the nation, the Kentucky Wildcats, can win the championship this year?
--~Murk McNasty~--
Battle WRECKord 42-8
Skeptikal
Rookie
Wins: 4

Re: Kentucky Wildcats

Post by Skeptikal »

Yah they gots talent no doubt
[center]...You Aint Fuckin Wit Me...
Image[/center]

Return to “Sports Arena”