Michael Jordan to Grace Cover - 2k11

Talk about professional sports including basketball, baseball, football, and hockey. Advocate your favorite teams, post news, and address rumors.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, JDR

complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Michael Jordan to Grace Cover - 2k11

Post by complexity »

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2010/ ... -nba-2k11/
How many of you out there grew up playing NBA Jam and wished they had a Michael Jordan character so you could control a player with the G.O.A.T.’s skills? I always just wanted to see what his levels would have been in the game’s player selection area. He would have had to have been full power on all skills right? Maybe, slightly less than full power on three’s I guess…

Well if you always wanted to ‘be like Mike’ in a game simulation, you may just get your wish after all. According to an ESPN source, the producers of NBA 2K11 have signed ‘his airness’ to be the cover boy. What makes this especially interesting, is the contract would stipulate the need for a Jordan playing character in the game. It is also worthy of note that Jordan still topped Lebron James, Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans among others for the cover spot, even though he’s no longer even an active player. This would be a first, and also as the new owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, it would be the first time an NBA franchise owner has graced the cover of an NBA videogame.

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
Munteskue_lol
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 4
Losses: 5

Re: Michael Jordan to Grace Cover - 2k11

Post by Munteskue_lol »

That's really respectful to do that.

I can't wait to play it, but I would question whether or not he's the best in all areas, ya know? And keep in mind, he had Jackson as a coach, Pippen, Rodman, Harper, Longley, Kukoc, Kerr, Grant, etc. on his side.

Bill Russell (from college to olympics to retirement) won 14 out of 17 championships, 11 out of 13 of which were in the NBA.

It's hard to compare Kobe to Jordan. They're both very motivated people, but statistically Jordan is better. It's arguable that Kobe has less support from teammates and also more legendary people to play against. It's also arguable that Kobe just isn't as good. All I can base this off of is when they played against each other, with Kobe coming off of the bench as a Laker and outscoring Jordan. But eh, Jordan was almost to retirement by then (for the first time).

Lebron James: Give him a coach. Give him a team. In due time, he'll be unequivocally the best player ever. But in Jordan's defense, Allen Iverson was once said to have the potential to be the greatest back in the early new millenia, and now he's not even considered. Jordan was a consistent winner.

There are definitely others to consider, as well. Kareem? Wilt? I've even heard Duncan thrown up in the mix. Yes, we all love Jordan, but let's look at things more analytically...
FlipSide
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Post by FlipSide »

Thats whats up...i would cop it just to have em on my team
BANG BANG!!!! I Shot U Down
̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪•)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ -
- Mutual -
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 5
Losses: 11

Post by - Mutual - »

You Do Type At An Excessive Rate TOYH but yeah that was a good read ya know, i felt like i was educated some more and those are some damm good opinions
The Eagerness Is Putrid My Fluids Acid Leaves You Vexed Like Black Holes
Your Inept To Correct Stretched Like Fat Folds Perplexed Like Castro
I'm So Tenacious With Rhymes Sensatious So Patient With Lines
While You Fill Your Writtens With Filler And So Stay Vacant In Mind
I'm Amiable But Too Your Haters I Appease Your Arcane Admissions
Dark Games No Vision Your Avarice Lead To Scarred Shamed Partitions
So Callous In His Candor You Have To Coerce For Neglect
For Worse Or For Best I'm Confidant With A Verse Of Respect

!!ILLEST MINDS!!

Return to “Sports Arena”