Kobe Vs Lebron...

Talk about professional sports including basketball, baseball, football, and hockey. Advocate your favorite teams, post news, and address rumors.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, JDR

16 Micz
Disciple Of Rap.
Wins: 16
Losses: 6

Kobe Vs Lebron...

Post by 16 Micz »

Both have african names....I was reading an article on defsounds.com and the author made a really eye opening point...

"But anyways lebron makes himself and ones around him look good. Kobe makes himself look good. Put Kobe on the cavs and lets see if they can break 45 games. Put lebron on the lakers and see if they can win the next 5 championships. Its a no-brainer"

I personally think kobe is the best player I've seen play basketball and he can give MJ a run for his money..whereas i never understood the hype surrounding lebron..

who do you think is better?
-MenaCe-
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 22
Losses: 19
No Shows: 1

Re: Kobe Vs Lebron...

Post by -MenaCe- »

Kobe..
E-Makulate Metaphorz
" Ya'll Can't Stop Tha Movement!! "
complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Post by complexity »

Too early to judge really.

Kobe has done things that Michael Jordan hasn't or any other player in the history of the NBA.

Lebron James still has so much of his career left, and Kobe has accomplished more than any other active player, it is kind of unfair to Lebron to make the judgement.

Lebron is younger, he obviously is going to garner more interest than Kobe.

Remember barring something tragic, Kobe is going to be breaking records for another 5-10 years even after his career slowly starts to fade. When Lebron hits his prime, Kobe will be hitting the top of the scoring list. I don't see Kobe retiring until he at least passes MJ in points scored.

You can't even judge that.

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
16 Micz
Disciple Of Rap.

Post by 16 Micz »

ThaOneYouHate wrote:What Has Kobe Done That Jordan Hasn't?... And i Dunno Why Ya Say it Like Jordan is Tha Best Player Ever Lol... Cuz.. i Dont Think He Was. He Was Great But There Was Better... Kobe isn't Even Top 5 All Time.. And i Dont Think He Will Be Either Unless He Gets Some More Rings...
81 point game...beyond the statistics, kobe has proved that if hes not the best hes #2 without a doubt...kobe puts on a show..it goes deeper than actual points...and if you think about it, its alot more difficult to win championships by yourself than it is to win with your "team".
complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Post by complexity »

ThaOneYouHate wrote:Kobe Hasn't Got One Championship By Himself.. Jordan Didnt Do it By Himself Either.. 81 Pts? Chamberlain Dropped 100. That's Fascinating. Lol... Chamberlain Also Had More Career Assists And Points Than Both i Do Believe.. Could Be wrong jordan May Have More Points... Oscar Robinson Also Accomplished Something Jordan Didnt And Kobe will Never Do... Average A Tripple Double For His Career.. Scorin Dont Make You Great.... A Ball Hog Dont Make You Great... Only Coach That Tolerates it is Phil Jackson... why Ya Think AI Retired?.. You All Have Made Great Points Though... And This'll Make Band Wagon Joiner Plex Proud Of Me... To Be Truthful i Dont Even Think Kobe's Tha Best 1 on 1 Player in Tha Game... i Think it's Paul Pierce.. Who Can Stop Him!? Lol... i Mean Dont Get Me Wrong i Like Kobe But... His Statistics Dont Hold Much Of An Argument For Him..
No. What I was referring to that Kobe Bryant has done that Michael Jordan hasn't is part scoring wise. He has also had to overcome more adversity than even Jordan could have dreamed of. Think about the hell of new media, who knows how Jordan would have handled that. Now a days, there isn't any statistic that we can't look up with Kobe, we analyze him with remarkable scrutiny. That is a lot to handle.

I could name 100 reasons why Jordan is better than Kobe off the top of my head without research. Leading your team to a 72 and 12 record with a championship is probably the single most dominant display of superiority since the Celtics in the 50's-60's. Nevertheless, that isn't the point of this thread, and I'm sadly uninformed about pre-80's basketball. Averaging a triple double definitely says a lot about a player, but how many championships did Oscar win?

Kobe will more than likely pass Jordan and Wilt for points, but nowhere near their pace.

Kobe will also probably pass Jordan for rebounds and assists. Don't ask me how this is possible.

1. Kareem
2. Jordan
3. Wilt

I might agree with that Pierce statement, but Pierce has never averaged 40 points per game in the finals. Jordan had a great team around him, until the fourth quarter, that is when it was the Jordan show.

Maybe, I am missing something. Kobe pretty much dominated the league for the last decade though. If he can continue it for a couple more years, he has to be seriously considered for top five, if he can't, then no.

Stop calling me a bandwagon jumper! I didn't even know the Celtics were going to be this good when I first started watching them. We have seen allstar teams fail miserably. The transitions that had to be made for them to win that championship are FUCKING amazing. Ray Allen was use to touching the ball every possession. Paul Pierce didn't even know the power forward position existed. Kevin Garnet forgot what winning was like. It just so happens, the pieces fit, and I was able to route for a a great team, if they sucked, I wouldn't watch as often, but I'd still watch. I know that you're just fucking around with me. I still want to put that down as fact, for the record, for the last time.

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
16 Micz
Disciple Of Rap.

Post by 16 Micz »

i never like to compare kobe to wilt because whether you agree or not, today's basketball is alot different than during wilt's time. And as far as that pierce statement im not too sure id agree that no one could stop him, cause id pick carmelo over him anyday...that 1 on 1 debate is pointless because every player has a weakness that another player could capitalize on...
16 Micz
Disciple Of Rap.

Post by 16 Micz »

ThaOneYouHate wrote:LeBron Also Turned Tha Worse Team in Tha League into A Play Off Team His First Year Or So With Tha Cavaliers As For Tha LeBron Kobe Debate... LeBron Still Has No One Around Him... Who Does He Got That's An All Star?.. Shaq in Tha 90's? All He Has is An Old Washed Up Shaq.. An inconsistent Mo Williams... A Flashy Point Guard in Delonte West But He's Not Consistent Either.. That's Why Tha Man Won Tha Mvp Last Year.. Cuz Without LeBron Tha Caveliers Wouldn't Win 30 Games... Without Kobe Tha Lakers Could Still Win 50 Easy... Everyone On Tha Lakers Starting Squad is An Allstar Or Has All Star Potential.. Only One That Hasn't Made it Yet is Bynum Cuz He Always Gets injured... if He Didn't Get injured He'd Make Tha Roster Too Though... Every Person On Tha Lakers Squad Could Drop 30 A Night if There Wasn't So Much Fire Power To Distribute Tha Ball Between... Artest Has Been Doin it For Years... Pau Gasol Cant Be Touched Down Low.. Lamar Odom is Easily Tha Best Big Man Off Tha Dribble in Tha Nba... They Also Got Fisher Which is Nothin Short Of Amazin Aswell..
lol when kobe got to the lakers none of those ppl were star players, it took years and great coaching to put a good team around kobe as it will for lebron and wade(again)...it will tke time, i think mo williams is just as good as fisher, and shaq(NOW) can hang wit gasol so i do believe the cavs staff is heading in the right direction for a championship within the next 2 years(if lebron stays)...

Return to “Sports Arena”