Fantasy Boxing Matches

Talk about professional sports including basketball, baseball, football, and hockey. Advocate your favorite teams, post news, and address rumors.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, JDR

Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 38
Losses: 7

Fantasy Boxing Matches

Post by Momeijah »

Any Weight Any Era Of Course. ill Get Right To it.

Sugar Ray Robinson vs Oscar De La Hoya (Welterweight)

Both These Guys Were Arguably in Their Prime at Welterweight Level. Ray Robsinson Was Beating All The Contenders at Welterweight And Even Killed One Guy in The Ring (Jimmy Doyle). Why Do They Consider Him The Best P4P Fighter Ever ? Because He Had Extremely Agile Movement And Reflexes (That inspired Muhammad Ali's Style), Great Hand Speed And Power To Go With it. He Fucked Guys Up at The Jabbing Game And Fucked Them Up Even More if They Tried Going Toe-To-Toe. Hardly Anyone Could Trade Blows With Him in His Prime And Come Off Better, So He Really Did Have it All. Oscar De La Hoya is Easily Comparable To Robinson Because Both Won World Titles at Many Different Weight Divisions. His Main Strengths in My Opinion Are Explosiveness And Putting Together Combinations, He Came Sudden With Flurries at Times When The Opponent Wouldn't Expect it And Knew Exactly The Best Time To Catch Someone Off Guard.

if These Two Guys Met in Their Primes, id Give it To Robinson. Not Sure About a KO Because On His Day He Could Fight The Same Guy Twice, KO Him Early in One And Win On Points if We Were To Restart The Exact Same Match. He Could KO De La Hoya However And it Just Seems More Likely To Me With His Style. i Don't Think De La Hoya's Attacks And Combos Would Be Consistent Enough Against Robinson Who Would Constantly Switch Between Jabbing From The Outside And Mixing it Up. De La Hoya Would Land Some, Miss Others, And in Later Rounds He'd Be Worn Down From Using Up His Own Energy AND Taking a Steady Beating. Robinson Wins, And My Gut Tells Me He'd Go Down a Few Times Before Being Finished Off in The 10th.

Rocky Marciano vs Jack Dempsey (Heavyweight)

Both Were Brawlers, Both Could Pack a Devastating Punch With Both Hands And Both Seemed impervious To Pain. Where Dempsey's Heart Lacked, Marciano's Technical Skill Lacked. And Those Two Factors Alone Would Play a Big Part in a Fight Between The Two, So Let's Break it Down. Marciano Retired After 49 Professional Wins And No Losses, Dempsey Retired at 66-6 (Lol Weird). Marciano Was The Real Rocky Balboa, a Slugger With a Lot Of Heart. He Got Cut Up And Knocked Down Against Various Opponents But Still Came Back To Win, Usually By a Brutal KO. Jack Dempsey, Not Quite The Same But He Tore Guys Down Brutally Nonetheless.

Dempsey Won The World Title After Knocking Jess Willard Down 7 Times in The 1st Round (But Won in The 3rd) And Was Knocked Down 3 Times (Once Through The Ropes) Against Argentinian Giant Luis Angel Firpo (Yet Still KO'd Him in Round 2). Marciano Won The Title From a 38 Year Old Joe Walcott Even After Being Floored in Round 1 And Being Behind On Points Until Knocking Walcott Out in The 13th Round. He Was Also Knocked Down By an Aging Archie Moore in Round 2 But Once Again Came Back To Knock Moore Out in The 9th.

Who Wins For Me ? Dempsey. While Marciano Probably Had The Highest Pain Threshold Of Any Heavyweight in History, And The Biggest Fighting Heart; His Lack Of Technique And Defensive Skills Would Bite Him in The Ass Against Someone Equally as Powerful. No Human Could Take a 15 Round Beating From a Prime Jack Dempsey With Minimal Defense Skills And Even Think About Winning, Either His Body Would Just Get Tired And Fall, Or The Referee Would Stop The Bout. Marciano Was Cut Relatively Easy And Although The Two Would Mix it Up For Most Of The Fight; Marciano's Face Would Be The More Worse For Wear, Causing More Problems. He'd Keep On Fighting Against Dempsey Till it Was Physically impossible And Take a Lot Of Punishment in The Process (Once Again, Poor Defense) And Dempsey Would Eventually Be The Victor, Likely By a KO. Why a KO ? Marciano Would Either Have To Be Out Cold, Outclassed On Points Or Stopped By a Referee To Lose, And Like i Said Dempsey's Punch Over 15 Rounds Would Fuck u Up Beyond Belief. Marciano Would Get Tired And His Defense Would Start Lacking Even More, Making Him an Easy Target. Dempsey KO Round 12.

Personally i Think Marciano Was Overrated. i Still Think He's One Of The All Time Greats And While u See What i Admire About Him Above; The Best Opponents He Beat Were a Post-Prime Joe Louis, a Post-Prime Joe Walcott, a Post-Prime Ezzard Charles And a Post-Prime Archie Moore. The Fact That He Retired Before Someone Came Along And Beat Him Blew His Legend a Little Out Of Proportion. Prime Louis Would Murder Him, And i Think Floyd Patterson Or Sonny Liston Would Be The Fighter To Eventually Beat Him For The Title if He Continued (Though Prime Marciano Would Be Capable Of Beating Them Too). Heart Can Make a Man Do Extraordinary Things, it's Just a Pity We Never Seen Marciano Truly Tested.

im Gonna Post More Up Later Because Right Now im Tired Of Typing.

AKA SCOTCH HALL, MOE MEIJER & MOMEIJAH.
-MenaCe-
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 22
Losses: 19
No Shows: 1

Re: Fantasy Boxing Matches

Post by -MenaCe- »

Mike Tyson V.S Muhammad Ali

This fight would be one of a kind both in there prime...

Who would win? I think that in the 1st fight tyson would knockout ali in the 4th round with his consistant and powerfull blows but if he did not then things could switch up quikly.Then in the 2nd fight i would give it Ali just because he would have tyson figured out and work em out and get the win by knockout in the 9th round two rounds longer then george.
E-Makulate Metaphorz
" Ya'll Can't Stop Tha Movement!! "
MOEstradamus
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 7
Losses: 6

Post by MOEstradamus »

Sugar Ray Robinson vs Oscar De La Hoya (Welterweight)
would be great^^^

sugar ray leonard vs floyd mayweather jr.
-MenaCe-
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 22
Losses: 19
No Shows: 1

Post by -MenaCe- »

Who do you think would win?
E-Makulate Metaphorz
" Ya'll Can't Stop Tha Movement!! "
MOEstradamus
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 7
Losses: 6

Post by MOEstradamus »

sugar ray leonard would beat floyd mayweather ez one i believe sugar ray leonard is a middle wieght and floyd is a feather wieght and sugar ray has fought ppl all over the world not just a 80 year old retired oscar de la hoya in his prime oscar would beat floyd... i mean floyd hasnt beat anybody worth talkin about i mean steve forbs could beat floyd....

Return to “Sports Arena”