Arcane Vs. EcKsTaSy (topical) (Ecks wins 3-1)

You can find all of the left over carcasses here. A section of the site that is not for the faint of heart. Many bodies have been mutilated over the years.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, Kuhlerblynd, Battle Mods

EcKsTaSy
Rhyme Master
Wins: 7
Losses: 5

Arcane Vs. EcKsTaSy (topical) (Ecks wins 3-1)

Post by EcKsTaSy »

8 bars
Due 24 hours from check
all other House Rules apply
Gotta have 100 posts or better to vote (except SplashKing)
word.
3rd party picks the topic:
Last edited by EcKsTaSy on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
Losses: 3
No Shows: 1

Re: Arcane Vs. EcKsTaSy (topical)

Post by Alvin »

Possible Topics:

The Death Of Isolation.

The Void in Love.

Power to Manifest ones Thoughts.
Arcane
Dedicated Emcee
Wins: 1
Losses: 1

Post by Arcane »

i say we go with the 3rd one
The Arcane Order

EcKsTaSy
Rhyme Master

Post by EcKsTaSy »

Sounds good..check
EcKsTaSy
Rhyme Master

Post by EcKsTaSy »

Power to Manifest ones Thoughts.

Take a ride with me ~

I gotta gift with this scribble making Minds turn-ta-Mines, It’s a bitch tryin to sift through this shit you-call-lines,Vodka hits with a split when my rhymes split-your-spine, I’m-a-ventriloquist at this shit no need to spit act-a-mime//
Act-a-puppet, do the splits, dance your ass off to this beat, I got control of your thoughts got control-of-the-fleet, Bouncin around in my madhouse with no parole-from-this-heat, drivin reckless through thoughts with no patrol-of-backseat//
I’m sittin crazy-with-power you’re sitting frailty-you-doubter, that I could come into your dome and make you lamely-and-coward, Lately you’ve been lazy-and-sour findin safety-in-“powder”, can’t keep up with me daisy and not cuz of net-or-a-router//
I’m twisting-and-turning your memories twisting and turning-your-fears, affecting the reasons your missing-the-learning of expertise-of-your-peers, Existing only in dreams can see me only in mirrors, co-existing we are resisting obviously what is clear//
It ain’t a potion-a-slow-motion only the might-of-the-strong, all this emotion-with-commotion can’t tell me what is right-and-is-wrong, I’m like a locomotive of rhymes with motive for Arc’ not to live for that long, shit by the time he hits the bar he’d have performed his “swan-song”//(swan-song=last song)
I’m playing this puppet like trumpet walkin him along like a dog, drop him sharply and plummet can’t find em in water-and-fog, running over his mind beatin the shit out-em-with-flogs, tire marks on his thoughts brain clouded- by-smog//
It ain’t reality see I’m playing tricks-with-deception, how low can you go we gon’ fuck-with-inception, puppeteering this bitch is slowly becoming obsession, obsession is slowing becoming the act-of-aggression//
I can’t control my control this shit’s-def-outta-hand, somethin’s def wrong at this moment it’s not according-to-plan, we’re both comin down hard time to make my last-stand-and-disband, mind control didn’t play out cuz this bitch is to-bland-should-be-banned//

damn~
Last edited by EcKsTaSy on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Arcane
Dedicated Emcee
Wins: 1
Losses: 1

Post by Arcane »

Manifest thought

just stop breathing...

no more excuses, no more begging and prayer is useless/
i'v gained telekenetics as fresh as a rape victims bruises/
i'm modeling the ages, writing my name in historic pages/
when i think of the past or future the mellanium changes/
i could make the sun blacken, turn a cup of beer into a gallon/
with a single thought i could trap you cats up in my tallons/
these depths have me withdrawn, voices have me gone/
i closed my eyes and resurected the deadly plauges of babylon/
it's mental state i'm displaying, manifest the words that i'm saying/
i could picture your death and your inner organs would start decaying/
have you breathless, noose around ya like you were rocking a necklace/
made sure you feel pain even after your body is headless/
call me merlins inheritor, genuin thought pattern developer/
if i didn't like you your heart beat would stay irregular/
magical chemical smoke, no "eckstacy" when your checks and "legs" are broke/
all this just from me thinking....imagine the outcome if i actually "SPOKE"/
The Arcane Order

Tha Dark Prince
Rhyme Master
Wins: 5
Losses: 6

Post by Tha Dark Prince »

Nice battle..
Good read from both pieces.

I'mma give the storytelling category to ecks, the imagery was vivid and I loved the concept and style. Both had good flow on this and were fluent so I'd give this a tie. Both had good multis and wordplay. Creativety was dope from both sides.

This was really interesting, both writers put good effort into this and had some really good lines. I liked arcane's entire concept as well, imo it's really close.

I feel both deserve this, but to me, ecks edges it, i enjoyed his verse a bit more and just felt it more, so..

MVGT: Eckstasy

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
leeroi green
Rap Assassin
Wins: 12
Losses: 13

Post by leeroi green »

-Storytelling
I’m playing this puppet like trumpet walkin him along like a dog, drop him sharply and plummet can’t find em in water-and-fog, running over his mind beatin the shit out-em-with-flogs, tire marks on his thoughts brain clouded- by-smog//

vs
it's mental state i'm displaying, manifest the words that i'm saying/
i could picture your death and your inner organs would start decaying/

both were decent stories but in a topical it needs begining middle and end these are my favorite bars from each of the two of you i feel arcane had the most cohesive story

-Flow
I’m sittin crazy-with-power you’re sitting frailty-you-doubter, that I could come into your dome and make you lamely-and-coward, Lately you’ve been lazy-and-sour findin safety-in-“powder”, can’t keep up with me daisy and not cuz of net-or-a-router//

vs
i could make the sun blacken, turn a cup of beer into a gallon/
with a single thought i could trap you cats up in my tallons

well in this cat tbh i felt ecks robbed himself here you have decent flow but it is stretched out and in many points you are missing with the multis in this bar you kinda shined but if you read the entire piece you are not consistent also it is semi repetitive in places arcanes verse is a much simpler read and flows well from start to finish

-Creativity
I’m twisting-and-turning your memories twisting and turning-your-fears, affecting the reasons your missing-the-learning of expertise-of-your-peers, Existing only in dreams can see me only in mirrors, co-existing we are resisting obviously what is clear//

vs
magical chemical smoke, no "eckstacy" when your checks and "legs" are broke/
all this just from me thinking....imagine the outcome if i actually "SPOKE"/

i actually like ecks concept of mind control i wish you would have painted a better picture arcane i like yours as well but you focused mostly on killing your opponent i mean surely if you could manifest thoughts you would do more with your powers ya dig this cat to ecks

-Multies
@ecks like i said you put a lot of effort into your use of multies problem is - dont make a multi you missed a lot but i still give you the cat because you did land a few decent ones below is canes best use of multis imo

these depths have me withdrawn, voices have me gone/
i closed my eyes and resurected the deadly plauges of babylon/

-Wordplay
honestly i was not particularly impressed with any wordplay in this battle

all in all an alright topical but overall i have to say Arcane has a better piece from start to finish it made sense through out where as with ecks drop a few places had me scratching my head and believe me i've read this plenty still decent go fellows
MVGT Arcane
Enlightend
Poetically Speaking
Wins: 17

Post by Enlightend »

this was actually harder then it should have been mostly because arcane didn't really follow the topic... most of his verse was just about being some all powerful physic... not having mind control the verse was good, well written and flowed well but the topic is important in a topical battle

while eck your verse stayed on topic... a little bit more straight forward then i like but still... being on topic is good. Now having stretched bars isn't always bad but the rhyme scheme has to be great IE... complex multis, inner multis... with little to no filler... yours didn't have that at all
and since ur lines were horribly stretched it makes your story telling ability seem basic... ok so time for my vote

against what i usually look for in a topical... im gonna go with arcane
i think his verse was put together better and although eck stuck to the topic more arcane's verse outdid his in every other cat...
[center]-The Elitists-[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
Blake Downs
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 32
Losses: 31

Post by Blake Downs »

both seemed on topic,cool topic btw,multies:eck
flow:draw,storytelling:tie,creativity:arcane,
i think arcane took this no doubt,
MVGT to arcane
Alvin
Sudonim Free

Post by Alvin »

Enough with the free posts

1-1

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
ScottJames
Army Of Three
Wins: 25

Post by ScottJames »

i gotta go with Eks.

i felt he stayed on topic more and brought more to the table. i liked his flow n multis. imagery was pretty good. i just enjoyed i much more.
arcane's was kinda too blan for me, it was missing something.

vote: Eks
WINS:
Ekmos - KO ... Duc3 - KO ... Jesodist - KO ... MagicMark - KO ... Animul_Instinkz - KO ... Old Rotten - KO ... Dr Kevorkian - KO ... Ambition - KO ... Eclipse - KO ... Domino - 5-3 ... Crimson - KO ... MC Scars - KO ... Modern Defiance - KO ... Tempest - KO ... QwarterZ - KO ... TreTru - KO ... Quix - KO ... Grim/Leeroi Green - KO ... Knowmad - KO ... Cre@tiv3 - KO ... MVario - TKO ... Hazard - KO ... ER - KO ... Colossus - KO ... FlipSide - KO ... JackDaRippa - KO ... JSteel - KO ... Kau The Lion - KO ... 32Neilz - KO ... Evolution - TKO ... Shazo - KO ... CBK - KO
LOSSES:
Cee4 - 5-3
OVERALL:
31-1
32neilz
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 11
Losses: 14
No Shows: 3

Post by 32neilz »

I'd have to agree with Scott, arcane you seemed a bit off from your usual fire within the writtens, IMO. Ecks stayed on topic, both had nice flow, enjoyed ecks multies. Good battle guys.
Mvgt:ecks

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Alvin
Sudonim Free

Post by Alvin »

-Thread Closed & Records UPdated-

Eckstasy wins 3-1

Return to “Closed Text Battles”