Semi-Final Round: Harlequin vs TGYH vs Arvincible.

Winner: Arvincible

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Omega Bill
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 23
Losses: 17

Semi-Final Round: Harlequin vs TGYH vs Arvincible.

Post by Omega Bill »

Same rules as past rounds, EXCEPT, being the topic is fairly long it can be 10 bars Maximum and 6 bars minimum. The amount of bars hindered people's verses last rounds, so now you a have choice. So if you have a shorter piece you're at a disadvantage, obviously, unless it's all quality.

Topic: What made you the person you are today?

EDIT: VOTE ON 2 BATTLES TO ADVANCE PLEASE READ THE TOPIC " NEW RULES ON FINAL ROUND READ BEFORE VOTING" BEFORE YOU VOTE FROM HERE ON OUT.
Last edited by Omega Bill on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arvincible
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 67
Losses: 18

Post by Arvincible »

damn check
*.HarleQuin.*
lady PrecisE
Wins: 17
Losses: 11

Post by *.HarleQuin.* »

check bitches
Arvincible
Unstoppable Emcee

Post by Arvincible »

This should be due today right?

No past can ever own me more, than when I saved my mother's life when I was only four
She was pregnant with my bro before, but now he's standin wit me fightin in this lonely war
Damn It's somethin like an altered fate, older than other kids in school cuz I started late
My life was scarred wit hate, bruised from family fueds left me in an awkward state
I had no man in a father's place, and twelve years passed since I saw his face
It was like being lost in space, and my life was also moving at an awful pace
Wish my life never began at the bottom, and wish I forgotten all of this rotten
Bullshit I was caught in, and just took it out in school on the dudes when I fought 'em
Cuz man I couldn't believe this mess, so I picked a ball up to relieve the stress
Gave me a beating chest cuz when I step up on the court my heart was bleeding less
And then again a new strain was listed, my ankle broke when a sprain was twisted
A clear view of dreams became just misted, damn I never knew such pain existed
Tell the truth I couldn't stand this shit, as a young kid i really couldn't handle it
Life's a dark tunnel that I needed candle lit, but I didn't find a passion till I began to spit
And even before this rappin, high school was a trip I cant forget what happened,
fucked two bitches in a mountain cabin, I was havin more fun than any kid was havin,
I lived my life like it was a war of words, and if you dont believe in so far you've heard
Then You ARE absurd, cuz things i've done let me try to touch the sky as hard as birds...

You'd be sad to admit other's would have better rhymes, n love their lines instead of mine
Cuz If I get dropped eight times Ill just get up nine, n like everything i've passed Ill just get up fine..
Arvincible
Unstoppable Emcee

Post by Arvincible »

Uppin for verses good luck HQ and TGYH..
*.HarleQuin.*
lady PrecisE

Post by *.HarleQuin.* »

im not what most expect basically, really its the best to me, but how did I come to be
partially my mom instilling integrity, guiding my thoughts like telepathy, taking the high road
excessively, consistently overcoming the odds testing me. ignoring the comments of what i'd never
be. struggling not financially but emotionally when my father passed i achieved all the goals he
set for me. mind state of my own, developed security in being alone, not abiding by the precedents
like rebelling to presidents with passion in my tone, i screamed fuck you and ur throne.
started to hate my appearance, and it didnt help with my mothers interference, she looked at me
as something cheap purchased on clearance, ppl said i was too white to be hispanic and
the ostracism did its damage and white friends were all i could manage, so i guess i took advantage,
most of those friendships did end cus i never acted high-class to fit in, appreciated all i had and
what others didnt, my fear of failure and inadequacy, forced me to take on everything adamantly,
ridicule, supression and despair, all of it, some loved me but i didnt care. with the will of ten
men just with tits and long hair i never settled for anything less than fair, then i became deeply
misguided by a person in which i truly confided,love had me blind sighted, couldnt see the wrongs he
ignited but when the dust settled and the pain subsided, my heart became harder than all metals, like
a rose without petals, something meant to be beautiful became something so cynical, did i hate everyone?
is rhetorical. i labeled ppl at first glances like the oracle, no second chances and no trivial romances,
all i met paid for his mistakes, like neo he was the one, like a movie set he got too many takes, now
eveyone else gets none cant say ive seen the worse cus i havent, wont act like the past never happen,
like im the same girl i was back then, far from the end, but now you know how sam became HarleQuin
Haz
Supreme Lyricist
Losses: 70

Post by Haz »

Creativity - Arv
Flow - ThatGuy N Arv
Vocab - Harle

God Damn ThatGuy N Arv
I Jus Read Thru Both Ur Verses Like 4 Times
Dis Shit wus Mad Hard To Judge.. but i hadda Give Creativity To arv Thatguy
Harle.. you Had Vocab No Doubt.. But im Sayin u Really Ain Write What Made u..
u Can Argue u Did but u Didnt like Explain ya Life Like Dem 2 Did.. So i Hadda
Eliminate you First.

Vote - Arv
Glamtrash
Poetic Juggernaut
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Post by Glamtrash »

Creativity - Arv
Flow - TGYH, Arv
Vocab - Harle

Vote: Arv.

Quite the fucking topic. You all did really well. Harle, the thing that puts you at a disadvantage is the way in which you took the concept as opposed to the way the guys did. Props to all of you for coming as far as you have.
Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

Post by Kurse »

Actually...
Harle is the only one who followed the original topic. Let's re-cap...

Topic: What made you the person you are today?

Arv: Spoke about the feelings inside along with experiences growing up. This verse doesn't speak on what made him who he is. Actually the only thing that he really displays of who he is, was written in his final bar when he mentioned no matter how many times he may get dropped, he'll always be okay in the end. But that speaks of him, and not what makes him who he is. His verse was more of a life-story.

TGYH: Same as Arv above. Though I think it was a little bit better written than Arv's verse and carried better choice of words in description, again this was a life story.

See...had the topic been "Your Childhood growing up" or "Your lifestory"...then these would've been a few solid verses. But that wasn't the topic. What creates a person is their inner-battles, influences and decisions. All things that we cannot physically see. And that's what Har spoke of when you read her verse.

In ex:
"mom instilling integrity, guiding my thoughts like telepathy, taking the high road
excessively, consistently overcoming the odds testing me"

"ppl said i was too white to be hispanic and the ostracism did its damage and white friends were all i could manage, so i guess i took advantage"

And that's only a couple of good descriptions of what can mold and sculpture your being. And she spoke of nothing but mainly that, making her in my opinion...the only one who followed the topic. And this IS a topical battle.
Thats the thing with topical battles is you need to be careful what you write about. I can see where the confusion came in because thats a tricky topic. But it can be easily written if you really think about what you're supposed to be talking about. I'm not dis-crediting Arv & TGYH's verses...but Harle did this the correct way. So to me it should be obvious who the winner of this round is.

VOTE: Harle
Cee4
Rhyme Dominator
Wins: 58
Losses: 16

Post by Cee4 »

Kurse aint swaying anything. he gave his opinion on the battle. and he voted on my recent battle with Noob so u cant really say he only votes on certain individuals.

anyway this battle was straight. all 3 verses were dope. HQ stuck to the topic best and took creativity.
she also took vocab hands down.
flow was a close one but i gotta give it to arvincble

vocab - HQ
flow - Arvincible
creativity - HQ

so HQ wins with Arvincible in second place.

There wasnt much between TGYH and Arvincibles verses but i think overall Ar just edged it out. Props to TGYH for not swaying
Omega Bill
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 23
Losses: 17

Post by Omega Bill »

Arv - 3
Harle - 2
TGYH - 0
*.HarleQuin.*
lady PrecisE

Post by *.HarleQuin.* »

only 4 ppl voted so how can they're be 5 divided votes?
its 2-2
Arvincible
Unstoppable Emcee

Post by Arvincible »

the voting thing is retarded

TGYH had second in the first two votes..

Haz said:
1- Arv
2- TGYH

DFL:
1-Arv
2- TGYH

Kurse:
1- HQ and HQ only! (He didnt break down cats either..)

Cee4:
1- HQ
2- Arv

So fairly speaking it should be

Arv - 3
HQ - 2
TGYH - 2
*.HarleQuin.*
lady PrecisE

Post by *.HarleQuin.* »