Domino vs ScottJames (Scott James 5-3)

The epic battles that have happened in the battles grounds will be put on display here. Drop an outstanding battle verse and you're sure to be included.

Moderators: Loon E Lou, Kuhlerblynd

Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

Post by Kurse »

**Domino has over 10 wins on his record...if he feels there is a bogus vote against him, he's allowed to discard up to 1 vote WITH explained and justifiable reason ofcourse.

Scott James has under 10 wins on his record...same with him, if he feels something was bunk...he can discard up to 2 votes tops, WITH explained reason as well.

Or both of them can just accept whatever votes roll in and let the battle take it's natural course.

As for my vote...

Punches: Scott James
Personals: Tie
Multis: Scott James
Metas/Similes: Domino
Flow: Scott James
Creativity: Tie
Entertainment: Tie

There were 3 categories that I felt is was wayyyyy to close to call a winner on. If this were a race, it'd be a "edge of your seat" dash that came down to the final lap!
Punches I gave to Scott because they were just more entertaining, multi's...he exercised them nicely by ending alot of his bars with 1 word, and leading off the following bar with a rhythmic word to follow while continuing the structure. I found that interesting becuz I use that method in alot of the bars I write when I do audios. Which brings me to why I gave him the flow category...his bars were so fluid as a read them which almost made it sound like I was spittin ghost-written words. Due ofcourse becuz oh his structure. Dom on the other hand was award the simili cat becuz almost every bar he wrote exercised that style weather it was executed smoothly or not. Where Scott steer'd off a few times to make his bars more colorful at points through wordplay, thus throwing himself away from using metas and simili's as much as Domino did.

Excellent battle, thought it was definately worth the read and it's gonna be close to the very end in my opinion. I know Dom from 2 years ago and have seen him throw down sum good material that just embarrased his opponents. I think with the time off...he might've gotten a little "battle rust"...but still alot of credit has to be given up to him becuz that was an intense verse for being a re-dubut battle.

Overall Vote: Scott James

Current Score is: 2 - 1 in Domino's favor
Haz
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 67
Losses: 70

Post by Haz »

Punches - Tie , Reason Why.. Cause Both Had Direct Punches Laced With Personals... XL...< Dom.. April Foool< Scott.. Etc
Personals - Domino..
Multis - Scott James
Metas/Similes - Scott James
Flow - Tie..
Creativity - Domino < XL Line Kill't it.. All The Personal's & How they Hit Did Alot Of Damage..
Entertainment - Scott James.. < 'Shitty Delivers'.. 'Down The Middle'...
'April Fool'... Dom Came Off Funnier Which Is Entertainin, But I'm More Of a Murda Mook Fan In Mook Vs Serious Jones.. That shit That Makes Me Go 'Woah' Is Entertainment In My Own View

I Explained The Cat's I Felt Were The Toughest To Judge..

Overall Vote : Scott James

Good Battle

Any Further Explanation Needed Let Me Know
Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 38
Losses: 7

Post by Momeijah »

Kurse wrote:I know Dom from 2 years ago and have seen him throw down sum good material that just embarrased his opponents.
Man i Kinda Smiled inside When i Read That Lmao.

AKA SCOTCH HALL, MOE MEIJER & MOMEIJAH.
CHAMELEON
Potential Emcee
Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Post by CHAMELEON »

pretty nice battle,

doms verse pretty well structured, stand out lines for me were ;

Beat Him Like a Dog, Same Reaction He'll 'Bite', Think Quotations-Harm-Me? ..||
Check it, He 'Recycles XL' Like Fatties Donating To The Salvation-Army! ..||** - LOL nice

Test This Man, Kid, His Heart Thumps, Chest-Expanding When The Best's-Advancing ..||
'SJ's Above D?' Only if Sarah Parker Gets a Breast-Enhancement! ..||* this was pretty cool

overall i thought some of your punches fell short, at the end of some of your bars i was expeting something to hit hard but it was like an anti climax in some instances.

as for sjs verse i thought it had a good flow to it, and i really liked some of the punchlines, stand out lines were - I POUND-WIT-MISSILES!! N My BLADES'LL-BURST Ur NAVEL-FIRST Then Slice N Dice Till Ya FACE-IS-MURKED..
You're A FABLE-TWIRP Plus This "Dudes A Fuckin Joke", Its No Wonder U Got Interviewed On "APRIL-1ST"!!
( http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h277/ ... t=dom2.gif ) - real nice personal.

Im The Mayor So Check It.. My Spits So Hot I Put BLISTERS-ON-HERBS No Way This KIDS-A-MOBSTER..
My Spits Is Awesome So Ill Have U Askin For Ya Life Cuz Dawg U Jus "Actin Like U Nice" Like "MISTER-RODGERS"!! - lol liked that, good punchline.

One Look At Me And This CLOWN-WILL-PIDDLE!! Pussy, You'll Never Wear A CROWN,-YOURE-BRITTLE..
Cuz It Only Takes Basic Eye Sight To See That My Lines'll "Split Domino" Right "DOWN-THE-MIDDLE"! - nice personal hard opener.

This KID'LL-JUST-PAUSE Cause You Just A "Big Scared Pussy" Like The "Lion" From The "WIZARD-OF-OZ"!! - pretty tight

ok so breakdown of my vote

flow - dom - 1
multis - sj - 1
punchlines - tie
personals - sj 1
metas/similies - sj - 1
entertainment - sj - 1
creativity - sj - 1

dom - 1
sj - 5

overall i thought scotts verse was just better overall, i felt his creativity was nice and his personals were dope. Doms verse felt forced, there was creativity but his punches felt forced and werent hitting as hard as scotts. It was a good batlle, good job on both sides but my vote goes to scott james.
Dead Silence
God's Given Curse
Wins: 6
Losses: 34

Post by Dead Silence »

2-2 Tied

Domino and Scott

Now is there any votes you want to be removed or not?
Faith
Haz
Supreme Lyricist

Post by Haz »

Its Actually 3-2 In Scott James.
complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Post by complexity »

Punches: Scott James
Personals: Domino
Multis: Scott James
Metas/Similes: Scott James
Flow: Domino
Creativity: Tie
Entertainment: Tie
Overall: Domino

I have always put more emphasis on personals than punches. I thought Scott James, although, he had some nice personals, he was a bit too generic. If you would have revealed why Domino was a pussy instead of just calling him it a bunch of times, I think, you would have had my vote.

"in One Ear Out The Other, Please Man, ill Hurt And Murk u With The Worst-Of-Spits ..||
ill Murder-This Worthless-Bitch, Stretching Bars Just Proves u Can't Word-ur-Shit! ..|| "

That burns and is a line that people will remember about Scott James until he reacts to it. That is the ideal personal and along with explaining his lines at the end of a battle. I think Domino came with the stronger personals. I know its controversial to vote in a close battle for who you think actually won. Please don't kill me.

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
K KiLLaH
Rap King
Wins: 20
Losses: 5

Post by K KiLLaH »

Da name is KiLLaH and I calls it like howz i seez it.

1st off this was def a heavyweight text battle and both emcees should be commended for their performances.

Ok folks this how i saw it

FLOW-Domino
Not only did D prove hes a master of flow he even dissed Scott's over wordy style he definitley earned this vote

PUNCHES-Scott James(who) Scott James(who)
Scott James showed he can defintley hold is own after Domino attacked with that wicked verse he came right back with a sick arsenal of wicked punchlines nonstop from the opening bar all the way down to that nasty rosa parks punch where as Domino came hard but didnt go fullforce in EVERY punch like SJ

MULTIS-I'm gonna have to say Scott James but not because his lines were longer i went by percentage rather than number and the reason he wone is because he carried his rhymes when he started a new rhyme scheme where domino ended his bars then started with complete new rhymes off the bat example

Example:1st Rhymed words aka multis highlighted in blue second set highlighted in green

-Scott James-
Grab Ya Face N RIP-IT-WITH-CLAWS!! Then Make U Dissappear Wit My Bare Hands Like I Was GIFTED-WIT-WIZARDRY.. /
This KID-BE-IN-MISERY Cuz I Know Ya Names "Domino" But Thats No Excuse For Ya SHITTY-DELIVERIES!! /
Im NIFTY,-HES-BIGGER?-PLEASE! My DROPS-HOT-AS-SHIT So Please HOP-OFF-MUH-DICK Or Ill CHOP-OFF-YA-WRISTS..
Over 6000 Posts?!? Its Obvious This Nerd "Dedicates His Life To The Site/Sight" Like A Fuckin "OPTOMETRIST"!! /

PERSONALS-Ima have to say tie both knew this was a big part in taking victory and came hard with them

CREATIVITY-Tie

ENTERTAINMENT-Tie both of you made this a pretty entertaining battle gj like i said both of you should be awarded

OVERALL VOTE: Scott James
Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist

Post by Momeijah »

ur Damn Right We Should Be Awarded Waiting Like a Month For Votes Lmao.

But Good Shit Thanks For ur Time Now Let's Keep it Goin Folks Before My Head implodes.

Haz
Supreme Lyricist

Post by Haz »

4-3 ... Scott James

Uppin Votes
Dead Silence
God's Given Curse

Post by Dead Silence »

Punches-SJ just hit harder
Personals-SJ felt like they made more of an impact
Multis-Dom just killed it
Metas/Similes-tie both were very good
Flow-tie
Creativity-tie both went about their verses very differently which is good
Entertainment-tie i enjoyed reading both battles it was very hard to pick

overall vote-Scott James

both verses were very very good
many cats were too close to call
good job both of you tho
Faith
Dead Silence
God's Given Curse

Post by Dead Silence »

5-3 Scott James

-Close and Updated-
Faith
Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist

Post by Momeijah »

Right Good Shit, Considering This For Classics.

Return to “Classic Text Battles”